FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] PPC Limewire?

719 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By YellowGTO, Senior Member on 13th November 2008, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know there is a few bitorrent apps, but I am looking for a lime wire app. I found Pocket G2 Pro but it is def dead as I think the last update was made in 05 or 06. I just think the phones are getting fast enough to really start using software like this.

P.S.
I searched

14th November 2008, 05:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
dude thats nuts...think about what ur askin here..limewire on a ppc?

i think ur better off just draggin and dropping from ur home setup to ur device.
14th November 2008, 05:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
eh, the Touch Pro could definately run this kind of app. Now - who wants to write/port one?
14th November 2008, 09:18 AM |#4  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anudewalrus

eh, the Touch Pro could definately run this kind of app. Now - who wants to write/port one?

lol, i wish i had some extra time.. i'd definitely give it a try!
14th November 2008, 05:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
no question is stupid. My attachement is proof for this.
program called pocket2g, the project of this program was stopped, but i found i fixed version with new servers added so it works again...
it's like a simple kazaa... try it and love it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PocketG2Pro.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.37 MB, 1399 views)
14th November 2008, 06:19 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbyz

no question is stupid. My attachement is proof for this.
program called pocket2g, the project of this program was stopped, but i found i fixed version with new servers added so it works again...
it's like a simple kazaa... try it and love it!

never said it was stupid..thats just wrong ( teaching my daughter the same thing )

i just really thought, without having any knowledge of the mentioned app, that it was a very far off thing to produce.

ill try ur attachment..and see what happends.
15th November 2008, 06:44 AM |#7  

More
I was looking for the same
wmTorrent may be the answer. I tried "cracked" version which was buggy. Maybe more luck with official one..

http://www.adisasta.com/wmTorrent.html
15th November 2008, 02:32 PM |#8  
Flag Brooklyn

More
u know i was thinking the samething i was looking for a ppc bearshare
15th November 2008, 08:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
I agree with JstarLuvsTina. Personally I am shocked this thread is still up. First off most of the big cellular providers are monitoring usage of this sort and will not hesitate to cancel your phone plan if they find you using such software. AT&T is a big one, they have even put out press releases about this on their site. I wouldn't be suprised if you will eventually see such applications blocked from being used on devices and data cards.
16th November 2008, 03:57 PM |#10  

More
blocked? that's nonsense... p2p is legal the only thing that's not is the things the people choose to share... but you don't have to try it. Im just tryin' to help people that are asking for something.
16th November 2008, 05:52 PM |#11  
Flag HBG, PA
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKobes

I agree with JstarLuvsTina. Personally I am shocked this thread is still up. First off most of the big cellular providers are monitoring usage of this sort and will not hesitate to cancel your phone plan if they find you using such software. AT&T is a big one, they have even put out press releases about this on their site. I wouldn't be suprised if you will eventually see such applications blocked from being used on devices and data cards.

I would because of the legal ramifications as well as the impossibility. How do you "block" an application from being on a data card? You don't block applications from being on a hdd. You aren't blocking it from being on a flash drive either. Now blocking ports an app uses is another thing, but even then, it's as simple as using another port.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)