FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] PPC Limewire?

719 posts
Thanks Meter: 235
 
By YellowGTO, Senior Member on 13th November 2008, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2008, 05:52 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag HBG, PA
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKobes

I agree with JstarLuvsTina. Personally I am shocked this thread is still up. First off most of the big cellular providers are monitoring usage of this sort and will not hesitate to cancel your phone plan if they find you using such software. AT&T is a big one, they have even put out press releases about this on their site. I wouldn't be suprised if you will eventually see such applications blocked from being used on devices and data cards.

I would because of the legal ramifications as well as the impossibility. How do you "block" an application from being on a data card? You don't block applications from being on a hdd. You aren't blocking it from being on a flash drive either. Now blocking ports an app uses is another thing, but even then, it's as simple as using another port.
 
 
16th November 2008, 06:45 PM |#12  
Loco5150's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Its ridiculous to say that this thread should not be posted... If it’s not illegal it’s a valid topic and a question.

And besides why would someone care about one wanting to run any software on his ppc if its not against the law… (and frankly I wouldn’t care if it was against some law I dont work for the police, but that’s just me and a totally other matter)
19th November 2008, 09:28 PM |#13  
YellowGTO's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKobes

I agree with JstarLuvsTina. Personally I am shocked this thread is still up. First off most of the big cellular providers are monitoring usage of this sort and will not hesitate to cancel your phone plan if they find you using such software. AT&T is a big one, they have even put out press releases about this on their site. I wouldn't be suprised if you will eventually see such applications blocked from being used on devices and data cards.

Please link to this Press Release. That would be unreal. I pay for a teathering plan and if they started terminating people for using legal software I would imagine it would be a law suite. I use Torrent software on my phone racking up Gigs of downloads and never heard a peep out of ATT. I don't see why this is such an out there request. I want to make this phone like a full PC, with TV out, then a wireless keyboard and mouse.
27th November 2008, 01:16 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Full PC
My Att Fuse is a Full PC I have a Mini Bluetooth Mouse And Keyboard And Here's My Desktop Running on my Fuse







Hope yall Like ...lol PM Me if you wanna know How I did it
15th December 2008, 03:02 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
ok tht pocketg2 ware has one glitch I feel
its unable to download beyond approximately 17MB of any file it downloads .tht software crashes and requires a soft reset..
anyone else facing da prob??
16th December 2008, 02:30 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
this Wisbar advanced desktop
THIS IS WaD
18th December 2008, 01:00 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbyz

no question is stupid. My attachement is proof for this.
program called pocket2g, the project of this program was stopped, but i found i fixed version with new servers added so it works again...
it's like a simple kazaa... try it and love it!

man this is a must have application i use it all the time ever since i upgraded to a verizon smartphone i missed the ability to download music on the go the only thing is that this app is free so it makes it a million times better thanks alot i didnt think an application like this existed thanks man it really helps
18th December 2008, 01:01 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbyz

no question is stupid. My attachement is proof for this.
program called pocket2g, the project of this program was stopped, but i found i fixed version with new servers added so it works again...
it's like a simple kazaa... try it and love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amex166

ok tht pocketg2 ware has one glitch I feel
its unable to download beyond approximately 17MB of any file it downloads .tht software crashes and requires a soft reset..
anyone else facing da prob??

i have the same problem i havent tried it yet but i think that if you install it to the memory card you can download the files there and save space and keep them there
18th December 2008, 09:05 PM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
I also would welcome such an app......
19th December 2008, 12:21 AM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Me too, would be nice to, upon a peer asking about a track etc, to be able to download it in a few seconds or minutes.
Lime/frostwire is open source and Java based, shouldn't be too hard to port it to wm java.
19th December 2008, 09:06 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
it didn't work on my Htc Fuze (Rom: NAFT v2.3), it asked for framework install, ok. but then app icon was useless...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes