[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 - 20210211

Search This thread

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang

This is to inform you that I have successfully installed android pie on my GT-N7000 after following your clear instructions. Yes i installed lanchon partition tool from /tmp and then android rom. I am going to install pico gapps after using the phone for a few cycles. As the battery drained very fast after this installation i am charging it again. Thank you again for allowing the fruits of your labour.

Glad that it works for you.
For GAPPS, the setup wizard will stuck at checking for updates section for a very long time. This is to be expected, leave it as it is. Until it says that it might take longer than usual, then a moment later it should pass.

Tasha T

Mar 25, 2015
@lee.wp14

Installed this rom on my Galaxy Note 1 today.

Really liking it :)

A big thank you for bringing Android Pie to the Galaxy Note 1 !

Fild5x

Feb 2, 2016
I have just acquired n7000. At the momemt i have no access to a computer. But i will follow closely. I will appreciate if someone can give me a link on how best to move from stock to los 16. Can there be a telegram group too?

Last edited:

Metalomeus

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for this ROM !

However i have a little problem installing my old TWRP Recovery.I restored my 7.1.2 nand backup with ur TWRP Recovery, which worked no problem. Also the Phone boots into Android with no Problem.So i got back into Recovery and tried to install the "old" TWRP Recovery. I got the message "This is not a n7000........Installation aborted!" when attempting to install the old recovery.How can i fix this, please ?

Regards

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
Thanks for this ROM !

However i have a little problem installing my old TWRP Recovery.I restored my 7.1.2 nand backup with ur TWRP Recovery, which worked no problem. Also the Phone boots into Android with no Problem.So i got back into Recovery and tried to install the "old" TWRP Recovery. I got the message "This is not a n7000........Installation aborted!" when attempting to install the old recovery.How can i fix this, please ?

Regards

We are using twrp for i9100, thus packages which preconfigured to install on n7000 won't flash, thus getting the error you mentioned. There are two workarounds:
1. Bring out the recovery.img from the zip file of the old twrp. Then copy to phone and flash in TWRP using Image flash mode. Choose to flash to Recovery when prompted.
2. Using 7zip, inside the zip file, edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script to remove the device assert check lines. Use Notepad++. You can drag out the file to edit then replace into the zip file afterwards too.
I recommend the first workaround, as the second workaround might be an issue for windows users due to how notepad/wordpad interpret text formatting. You might be experienced with removing the assert check lines instead, then do go ahead for the second workaround.

ashman

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks lee.wp14, it's indeed pleasant surprise, having Pie on N7000.

Everything goes smooth, with minor hiccups.

A quick Q:
How can I access internal storage / sd card using my laptop via USB cable?

When I connects it, my laptop detects N7000, however do not show either storage.

Update:
Find out the 'File transfer' under USB preference <learning the pie way>

Last edited:

J..J

Jul 10, 2019
Hello,

thanks a lot -

99% works fine on my old N7000.

Wonderfull! :)

One question: The Wlan is not strong (some times interrupts) compared to old stock rom.
Might there be s.th around "OUI reception" driver alignement thing?
My WLAN-MAC-Adress starts with 50:cc:f8.........

J..J

Reactions: lee.wp14

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
Hello,

thanks a lot -

99% works fine on my old N7000.

Wonderfull! :)

One question: The Wlan is not strong (some times interrupts) compared to old stock rom.
Might there be s.th around "OUI reception" driver alignement thing?
My WLAN-MAC-Adress starts with 50:cc:f8.........

J..J

How do you mean interrupts? The only problem that should persists with wifi is that sometimes android will say no internet connectivity, you just turn it off and on again to resolve.

Forgive me but may I know how is OUI related to wifi performance?
(Possibly provide me some links to read on it)

Last edited:

rho-bot

Jul 1, 2017
How do you mean interrupts? The only problem that should persists with wifi is that sometimes android will say no internet connectivity, you just turn it off and on again to resolve.

Forgive me but may I know how is OUI related to wifi performance?
(Possibly provide me some links to read on it)
His OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier) belongs to Semco:
https://hwaddress.com/?q=50:cc:f8

It is missing & should be added here under "Semco":
https://github.com/rINanDO/android_hardware_samsung/blob/lineage-16.0/macloader/macaddr_mappings.h

Otherwise MAC-address is not recognized by macloader, '/data/.cid.info' file is not created, which could cause Wi-Fi connection issues and/or weak signal strength.
Similar can happen for BT OUIs not in the list.

Reactions: lee.wp14

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
His OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier) belongs to Semco:
https://hwaddress.com/?q=50:cc:f8

It is missing & should be added here under "Semco":
https://github.com/rINanDO/android_hardware_samsung/blob/lineage-16.0/macloader/macaddr_mappings.h

Otherwise MAC-address is not recognized by macloader, '/data/.cid.info' file is not created, which could cause Wi-Fi connection issues and/or weak signal strength.
Similar can happen for BT OUIs not in the list.

I was not aware about the relevance of it with macloader. Thanks for pointing it out, it's something new to me.
So meanwhile, it turns out that I previously accidentally deleted lines that triggers macloader on boot. That should be the answer to inconsistent wifi on my last los16 builds. So for current builds .cid.info returns a zero value as macloader is not triggered. I will fix both problems on next build - not going to happen anytime soon as I'm having exams.

For those with root access, you can trigger macloader manually with root terminal by executing 'macloader'.
For those who want it to be triggered auto on boot, create 99macloader in /system/etc/init.d and chmod 755:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
/system/vendor/bin/macloader
You can verify with below command (if 0, means macloader is not triggered):
cat /data/.cid.info

taku1999

Jul 4, 2019
Need help on installation

I installed lineage os 15.1 beta3 on my samsung note gt n7000
And then i saw a new update (lineage os 16) on the xda forum
i downloaded it and intitiated the installation process

However this version of os is aborting with error 7 like it is blocking the extraction of files

In the update script there is no assert, which means it should work fine, and i downloaded it specifically for my device

So now i do not know what to do

I tried editing but it gives me an error ended with signal 6
On recovery i have twrp 3.1.0 installed with signature verification disabled.

Is there any way that i can bypass all of this?

Please help me

Kind regards

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
I installed lineage os 15.1 beta3 on my samsung note gt n7000
And then i saw a new update (lineage os 16) on the xda forum
i downloaded it and intitiated the installation process

However this version of os is aborting with error 7 like it is blocking the extraction of files

In the update script there is no assert, which means it should work fine, and i downloaded it specifically for my device

So now i do not know what to do

I tried editing but it gives me an error ended with signal 6
On recovery i have twrp 3.1.0 installed with signature verification disabled.

Is there any way that i can bypass all of this?

Please help me

Kind regards

Do not edit the updater-script, it should work 100% fine.
Error 7 indicates that your system partitioning do not match as what is required by the ROM, this is most probably you didn't repartition your device. As stated in OP:-
Code:
If you do not have at least 1.5GB for /system, the installation script will fail!
And also, be noted that this is not an update for bauner's LineageOS 15.1 !!!. Refrain from installing this ROM if you intended to "update" from bauner's LineageOS 15.1, this is the wrong place. I do not provide support for other ROMs.

panamera2011

Mar 26, 2011
Pesche
Do not edit the updater-script, it should work 100% fine.
Error 7 indicates that your system partitioning do not match as what is required by the ROM, this is most probably you didn't repartition your device. As stated in OP:-
Code:
If you do not have at least 1.5GB for /system, the installation script will fail!
And also, be noted that this is not an update for bauner's LineageOS 15.1 !!!. Refrain from installing this ROM if you intended to "update" from bauner's LineageOS 15.1, this is the wrong place. I do not provide support for other ROMs.

HI lee.wp14, when I try to install lanchon-repit-20170115 I get error 1 and when I try to install LineageOS 16 I get error 7.
I followed your guide step by step, where am I wrong? Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you so much bro!, I finally got it working, it is really great everything is working as I expected!
    Glad it works for you. I'm surprised someone still using this device considering the deprecation of 3G network.

Saw in the 20200205 changelogs that display frequency was increased to 59.94hz.
    Has it been reverted? Its 57hz on the last version.
    Hi there,
    It's been such a long time and I don't even recall doing this. After digging my github, I did revert this change at some point but not reflected in the changelog. However, rest assured that some point after that, I did a kernel redo using smdk4412 sources from galaxys2, and this change is not being carried over.

Here's the revert commit of old kernel at that time:

And you can check the current line in the current redo kernel:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Note N7000
    Beware, you are about to enter a dangerous zone!

ABOUT
    This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy Note (N7000) based on LineageOS 16.0.
    Read the sections below carefully to understand the status of this ROM and how to prepare your device for installation.

CREDITS
    All my builds are fully based on works by @rINanDO, @bauner, @ChronoMonochrome, fourkbomb, numerous n7000, Exynos4 and LineageOS developers. Full credits goes to all the developers. I hope no one is being left out, please notify me if there is.

INSTALLATION FROM STOCK
    Follow these steps if you are coming from stock. You will need access to a PC.
    1. Prepare Odin, Samsung USB Drivers, PhilZ CWM Odin Flashable, and your phone with a stable USB connection.
    2. Install the Samsung USB Drivers and fire up Odin.
    3. Select AP and choose the PhilZ CWM Odin Flashable package.
    4. Proceed to flash. Once done, reboot your device into recovery.
    5. You should be in CWM recovery now. Flash this zip to get TWRP IsoRec: 20210209-boot_n7000-twrp_i9100_3311.zip
    6. Reboot recovery. You should now enter TWRP IsoRec recovery. Proceed to the installation steps below, except for step 2.

INSTALLATION
    All my builds are emulated storage capable. Repartition is required to install my builds.
    And also, please backup EFS partition and store in a dry, safe place.
    The below instructions assumes that your device has TWRP IsoRec installed, and all your data will be destroyed in the process.
    1. Choose your desired emulated storage partitioning configuration:
    * Emulated + Non-emulated Internal Storage: change the values of -sdcard=min+wipe to -sdcard=4G+wipe, where 4G is your desired non-emulated Internal Storage size.​
    The last option provides best compatibility, as non-emulated storage ROMs will work as intended on such partitioning, and emulated storage ROMs will detect the non-emulated storage as an SD Card (only in Android 7).​
    This allows you to switch back-and-forth between emulated capable and non-emulated capable ROMs without repartitioning.​
    2. Reboot into recovery. Flash emulated storage capable TWRP IsoRec (flash as Image to Recovery): i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.img
    3. Reboot recovery. Flash i9100-to-n7000 TWRP conversion: lanchon-twrp-patcher-20160417-n7000.zip
    4. Reboot recovery. Flash the repartition script that you have chosen in Step 1.
    5. Reboot recovery. Wipe /cache, /system, Non-emulated Storage. Then, run Format Data.
    6. Proceed to flash my builds.
    7. Flash ARM nano GAPPS and SU if desired, or boot_magisk.img if you need Magisk support.
    8. Prepare a coffee or tea and sit back on your couch. Click to reboot system, BUT DO NOT SWIPE TO INSTALL TWRP APP or you will end up in a bootloop!
    9. Remember to install Magisk Manager if you need Magisk support.

DOWNLOAD
    Google Drive

SOURCE
    LineageOS 16.0

LATEST BUILD
    lineage-16.0-20210211-UNOFFICIAL-n7000
    kernel-e604934cd028ba34c8a52d6898658a2e6053ad8e (hikuii597)
    magisk-v21.4

NOT WORKING/UNTESTED
    - GPS/AGPS: untested, A-GPS not working
    - DRM: untested
    - IPv6: no connectivity
    - Bluetooth: in-call audio not working
    - WiFi: extremely reluctant to auto-connect
    - Kernel: app requires restart to use storage after granting storage permission
    - Kernel: random reboot freeze at offline charging
    - Kernel: requires toggle MagiskHide on each reboot to enable MagiskHide

BUILD-SPECIFIC NOTES
    - PowerHAL has been removed to provide flexibility in adjusting CPU governor.

INSTALLATION NOTES
    - When prompted in TWRP, do not install TWRP Updater app as it will cause softbrick.
    - To pass SafetyNet, you must use boot_magisk.img and toggle MagiskHide on every boot.
    - Do not update Magisk! Always stick to the version that the build provides.
    Changelog

- general: upstream updates, ASB 2021-02
    - kernel: enable RPFILTER (fixes tethering)
    - kernel: switch back to PegasusQ governor with hotplug enabled
    - kernel: restore mali400 to stock configuration (166/266MHz)
    OLD CHANGELOG

minors 20200809
    - device: revert lineage-17.1 configuration changes
    - device/kernel: enable zram at 384MB with dual stream compression
    - kernel: revert lineage-17.1 binder changes

- general: upstream updates, ASB 2020-09
    - frameworks/base: upstream updates
    - kernel: revert lineage-17.1 changes, enabled swap (thanks to @goodwu for notifying)

- general: upstream updates, ASB 2020-08-05

- frameworks/base: ColorFade fix for exynos mali​
    - device-related: merge lineage-17.1 changes from @rINanDO

- general: upstream updates, ASB 2020-06-05

- device: merge lineage-17.1 changes​
    - device: remove PowerHAL​
    - hardware: default video buffer size to 1080p​
    - kernel: mali400 reconfiguration, use 133Mhz, 160MHz, 266MHz.​
    - kernel: lock mali to 160MHz during 1080p playback​
    - kernel: disable CPU hotplug​
    - kernel: use interactive CPU governor​
    - kernel: use 500MHz as base CPU frequency​
    - kernel: reconfigure thermal throttling, refer commit
    - kernel: add TriangleAway support, refer commit
    - kernel: remove a whole big bunch of logging that your grandpa never check on it​

- galaxys2-common: bring back PowerHAL

- kernel/galaxys2-common: added Lineage Trust USB Restrict support (untested)​
    - kernel: cherry-picked Syncthing-Fork "NAT transversal" fix (credits to @TheNatureOne)​
    - kernel: switch to autosuspend (full credits to @rINanDO and @ChronoMonochrome)​

- n7000: update GPS configuration

- n7000: update build fingerprint​
    - n7000/kernel: add TriangleAway support​
    - galaxys2-common: reconfigure wifi configuration​
    - galaxys2-common: user configurable SWAP​
    - galaxys2-common: actually fix in-call audio control​
    - galaxys2-common: kernel modules to system​
    - galaxys2-common: add Magisk build support (credits to @rINanDO)​
    - galaxys2-common/kernel: bring over LOS 17.1 commits (credits to @rINanDO)​
    - kernel: implement charge current control (credits to @TALUAtXDA)​
    - kernel: prevent LCD lock busfreq​
    - kernel: reconfigure ASV/DVFS for BUS/GPU​
    - kernel: remove inbuilt recovery​
    - kernel: bring back PegasusQ, adapted from Perseus-S3 (credits to @AndreiLux)​
    - kernel: raised safefreq to 1.4GHz​
    - kernel: bluetooth stack update (credits to @TALUAtXDA)​

- kernel: cherry-pick mali400-r3p2-rel4 (don't expect anything from this!)

- kernel: disable modules support, KSM, LZ4 ZRAM and many other unnecessary stuffs​
    - kernel: added GCC optimization flags, build kernel with -Ofast​
    - kernel: a whole lot bunch of changes which is too much to be listed here​
    - kernel: default CPU governor to OnDemand​
    - kernel: modify CPU frequency steps back to 6steps​
    - kernel: modify GPU (mali400) to 2steps, 190MHz and 267MHz​
    - kernel: increase lowest busfreq from 160MHz to 190MHz​
    - kernel: increase display frequency from 57Hz to 59.94Hz​
    - kernel: decrease video engine clock from 267MHz to 190MHz​
    - kernel: decrease shared GPU memory from 512MB to 256MB, increase GPU low-level memory to 24MB​
    - kernel: slightly-slightly tune throttling configs, first throttle to 1200MHz, second throttle to 1000MHz​
    - kernel: bring back FB_BLANK​
    - kernel: adjust CONFIG_HZ to 300​
    - kernel: add/enable exFAT, NTFS support​
    - galaxys2-common: remove PowerHAL​
    - galaxys2-common: revert use low-end video codecs​
    - galaxys2-common: update whole bunch of framework configs​
    - galaxys2-common: disable wifi adapter debug​
    - galaxys2-common: more platform specific gcc optimization flags​
    - galaxys2-common: fix USB info configuration​
    - galaxys2-common: build libsecril-client​
    - galaxys2-common: decrease ZRAM to 128MB​
    - galaxys2-common: enable AOD (Always-On Display)​
    - galaxys2-common: actually make macloader works​
    - galaxys2-common: modify healthd to blank screen first before power off or reboot attempt in offline charging mode​
    - n7000: rework GPS configuration (don't expect anything from this!)​
    - vendor/samsung: add prebuilt si4709 FM driver​
    - general: upstream source updates, security patch 2020-02-05​

- kernel: panel brightness optimization from i9300

- kernel: adjust unified memory allocation size​
    - kernel: disable logging​
    - kernel: disable pegasusq core lock​
    - kernel: switch to ZEN I/O scheduler​
    - kernel: fix tuning table for Q1 (credits to rINanDO)​
    - kernel: misc source updates from rINanDO, ChronoMonochrome, ComicoTeam​
    - galaxys2-common: remove SamsungDoze​
    - galaxys2-common: use low-end video codecs (credits to ChronoMonochrome)​
    - galaxys2-common: make sure burn-in protection is enabled​
    - galaxys2-common: wifi hotspot channel 1-11 instead of 1,6,11 only​
    - galaxys2-common: platform specific gcc optimization flags​
    - galaxys2-common: lower haptic feedback intensity​
    - galaxys2-common: dual-speaker output implementation (back speaker + earpice speaker)​
    - galaxys2-common: fix RIL PIN unlock (credits to rINanDO)​
    - galaxys2-common: misc source updates from rINanDO​
    - n7000: increase minimum adjustable brightness threshold​
    - n7000: fake vendor security patch level​
    - n7000: conditionally reset max17041 fuel gauge on boot​
    - hardware/samsung: added missing OUI mapping [SEMCO - 50:cc:f8] (credits to J..J)​
    - general: upstream source updates, security patch 2019-09-05​

- Removed LTE network option in Settings

- Fixed GPS and RIL functionality​
    - Fixed QS Flashlight 10 seconds wakelock issue (thanks to ChronoMonochrome and rINanDO)​
    - New cursor icon for stylus (thanks to ComicoTeam)​
    - Added xt_hl support in kernel​

- Initial build

- Exclude RIL and GPS blobs due to non-working RIL and GPS​

Build 20200614

Greetings folks. Here is a new build! I think you all will like this one.

CHANGELOG
    - general: upstream updates, ASB 2020-06-05
    - device: merge lineage-17.1 changes
    - device: remove PowerHAL
    - hardware: default video buffer size to 1080p
    - kernel: mali400 reconfiguration, use 133Mhz, 160MHz, 266MHz.
    - kernel: lock mali to 160MHz during 1080p playback
    - kernel: disable CPU hotplug
    - kernel: use interactive CPU governor
    - kernel: use 500MHz as base CPU frequency
    - kernel: reconfigure thermal throttling, refer commit
    - kernel: add TriangleAway support, refer commit
    - kernel: remove a whole big bunch of logging that your grandpa never check on it

On the technical side, this build is based on complete new sources forked from @rINanDO's.
    There were some major changes to GPU and CPU, including throttle configuration. Please let me know if there is any power or performance degradation/issue.
    Functionality and features on both hardware and software side should be identical to previous builds.

School starts tomorrow, just in time to release this build. Have a nice day ahead!
    Release 20191009

CHANGELOG

- kernel: panel brightness optimization from i9300
    - kernel: adjust unified memory allocation size
    - kernel: disable logging
    - kernel: disable pegasusq core lock
    - kernel: switch to ZEN I/O scheduler
    - kernel: fix tuning table for Q1 (credits to rINanDO)
    - kernel: misc source updates from rINanDO, ChronoMonochrome, ComicoTeam
    - galaxys2-common: remove SamsungDoze
    - galaxys2-common: use low-end video codecs (credits to ChronoMonochrome)
    - galaxys2-common: make sure burn-in protection is enabled
    - galaxys2-common: wifi hotspot channel 1-11 instead of 1,6,11 only
    - galaxys2-common: platform specific gcc optimization flags
    - galaxys2-common: lower haptic feedback intensity
    - galaxys2-common: dual-speaker output implementation (back speaker + earpice speaker)
    - galaxys2-common: fix RIL PIN unlock (credits to rINanDO)
    - galaxys2-common: misc source updates from rINanDO
    - n7000: increase minimum adjustable brightness threshold
    - n7000: fake vendor security patch level
    - n7000: conditionally reset max17041 fuel gauge on boot
    - hardware/samsung: added missing OUI mapping [SEMCO - 50:cc:f8] (credits to J..J)
    - general: upstream source updates, security patch 2019-09-05

Installation Notes:
    For this build, you must update your kernel and recovery beforehand! This is due to some changes in fstab.
    1. Go to the Google Drive download link in second post.
    2. In n7000 > misc > kernel folder, download boot-222aec6.img
    3. In n7000 > misc > recovery folder, download i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.img by rINanDO
    4. Put these files in your n7000. Go to TWRP > Install > Install Image. Choose the boot-222aec6.img and flash to Boot.
    5. Do not reboot yet. Go back and choose i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.img and flash to Recovery.
    6. Reboot Recovery. Your n7000 should now reboot into TWRP 3.3.1-1. Proceed to flash the build.

Notes:
    - Due to source changes in this build's kernel, the screen is unable to turn off in TWRP, kindly take note!
    - I've implemented dual-speaker output, now in speaker mode, the sound output will be using both back speaker and the front earpice speaker.
    - GPS is tested working and is able to get a fix. Kindly ensure your GPS antenna/connection is in good condition if you are facing GPS issues. First fix might take longer than usual.
    - You are able to reset the MAX17041 fuel gauge (battery meter) by editing ro.max17041.fg_reset_soc=0 to =1 in build.prop, then reboot. Remember to set back to =0 when not needed.
    - GAPPS users, if you get the Android Setup notification, just disable Android Setup in Settings > Apps and Notifications.
    - This should be the last build for the time being :3 Thanks for using this ROM!