[ROM | WWE | 23563 | 11 Jul 2010 | XDA_UC] NATF Fuze v6.0 Standard (Lite/Sense soon)

Search This thread

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Weather URL

Hi Irus -- any more detail on this or a URL where we can read more detail? Or is there a file I can copy?

Thanks!

Ok, so first off this is not the titanium weather thread, questions should be asked there. BUT, I'm a noob I always appreciate help so....
Once it gives you that error, hit ok and it will open up the radar screen with a little compass (i think) icon. Touch and hold on the screen and a menu will pop up. choose edit URLs. There isn't one normally by defualt. So add one: This is what I use, just change for your city and state. If you want a smaller or bigger viewing area, change the last number. The screen size is set for a VGA (fuze) phone 480x640.
http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs.axd?city=Madison&state=WI&w=480&h=640&type=_SIR&geoWidth=500
Hope that helps

Since it cuts off the url and makes it a link instead of text, just click on it and then copy from your browser address bar

Last edited:

ghost13

I don't know how quickly it happens, but it seems like my data connection is disconnected a lot after it's done being used and I end up seeing the pop-up message saying that it's making a new connection. This is fine with me, but it sounds like this ROM is already doing what you want in that regards. ;)

my internet does not disconnect after dl my email from my phone every hour!

anyone have this issue? i am checking my gmail and att account

thericeman

Feb 23, 2009
Atlanta, GA
No call waiting sound notification

I must say that 5.2 has made me not want to throw my phone against the wall and go back to 4.7. CHome is much more stable in this release. Most of the bugs I found with 5.1 have been resolved. There still is a problem with call waiting, however.

Currently the call waiting tone does not play because the registry is set for callwait.mid, but it's actually callwait.wav. In the next release, NATF, would you please change that?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting\Sound\callwait.wav

Thanks for your hard work!

irus

Jun 29, 2007
Hi Irus -- any more detail on this or a URL where we can read more detail? Or is there a file I can copy?

Thanks!

ok so open up the titaniumweather.mscr and towards the bottom you will see where the script is writing reg files just put the download(url,path) on the next line it when the weather updates every, what ever you have it set to, it will also download the map see a better example below

Code:
download("http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs.axd?city=Madison&state=WI&w=480&h=640&type=_SIR&geoWidth=500","\Program Files\TitaniumWeather\radar1.jpg")

buckyg

Aug 12, 2007
KC Area
ghost13, if I am understanding what you want, there is an option in either Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak (or maybe both, I forget). It says something like, "Disconnect after".

Mine is set to 1 minute, so 1 minute after there is no activity, the data connection drops.

ghost13

ghost13, if I am understanding what you want, there is an option in either Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak (or maybe both, I forget). It says something like, "Disconnect after".

Mine is set to 1 minute, so 1 minute after there is no activity, the data connection drops.

ok let me load up both progs and see if i can find that! thanks bro!

edit- i tried both programs and my internet connection does not auto disconnect after auto send/receive

Last edited:

buckyg

Aug 12, 2007
KC Area
Hmm... Okay, maybe this setting only works for manual connections? The only auto connection I do is for SBSH PocketWeather. Not sure if it disconnects itself or this setting does it. Otherwise, I connect manually or let whatever app I'm running connect itself.

fuchikoma

Nov 15, 2008
So ponder this one...

Opera isn't showing up in my task manager. Not in the drop-down menu or when I run the actual utility.

Everything else shows up fine though. :confused:

dlweston

Sep 1, 2007

Thanks!

I feel your pain. I was having the same issue. I was trying to figure it out. I saw bit of information here and there and multiple brief bits of information. I finally ran across this post that tells you eveything you need to know.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4102615&highlight=URL+radar#post4102615

Here are some additional URLs I found that you can use instaed of the URLs or in addition to the URLs above. You are allowed up to 20 URLs.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4220563&highlight=radar+URL#post4220563

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3838634&postcount=970

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3935612&highlight=radar+URL#post3935612

I also found this interesting. You are not limited to weather URLs.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3731801&highlight=Batistian+radar+traffic#post3731801

irus

Jun 29, 2007
agps not working

has anyone else gotten the agps to work, i have not, I have tried other wm6.5 roms and it worked in them so im not sure but it took me about 90sec to get a fix using tomtom which is normally less then 45sec. Thanks

Double height mail entries

Hi,

After having some weird half-hard-reset problems with 4.7, I thought I would give 5.2 a spin - it's my first 6.5 ROM.

I notice that in places like Messaging, and other places where there are lists, although the text stays at a reasonable size, the items look double height, with extra whitespace above and below.

Is this a "feature" to make it more finger friendly, and is there a way to reduce it/switch it off?

Also, I can't seem to get IE to work unless connected to my PC via ActiveSync - I don't get any errors if I browse to a page, I just get a white page. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steve.

meelo88

Jan 30, 2008
Southern California
NATF EXCELLENT ROM...it's great! I have a few things i would like to point out....for me at least -_-

I tired this and it doesn't seem to put it where it's supposed to...it still points to the phone location.

Also, has anyone else had an issue with mapping something to the IM button and when you hit it nothing happens?

I'm just curious. i may have to do a hard reset to verify these things but I would like to see if others share the same experience? Thanks!

Last edited:

irus

Jun 29, 2007
NATF EXCELLENT ROM...it's great! I have a few things i would like to point out....for me at least -_-

I tired this and it doesn't seem to put it where it's supposed to...it still points to the phone location.

Also, has anyone else had an issue with mapping something to the IM button and when you hit it nothing happens?

I'm just curious. i may have to do a hard reset to verify these things but I would like to see if others share the same experience? Thanks!

try this app its the best ever http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=521786

kwambewright

Dec 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
internet problems

i cant seem to get opera or pie to work over tmobiles edge network. they both do fine over a wifi connection but edge nogo. the weird thing is that my email downloads fine.

i just flashed this rom the other day so my sig is not up to date. xcept for the radio.

wischmi2

Jul 11, 2009
Issues with this ROM?

I'm having different issues with this ROM. I try to restore using PIMbackup and after the restore the whole thing locks up. When I soft reboot, nothing was restored. Menus are very slow to respond, closing applications takes 10-15 seconds. Anyone else having these issues? I had 4.7 and it worked very well, and very responsive. I'm not having much luck with 6.5 in general.

rcbama

Oct 15, 2007
Sirius WM5 issue

Great ROM! I'm posting this hear because I think my issue is ROM specific. I have searched all the program specific threads.

My Sirius WM5 program has worked flawlessly on a variety of ROMs in the past including NATF 4.7 and 5.0, but with this one I get "html" instead of the channel list, and I always fail to connect with the Sirius server. Have the proxy servers changed? Can anyone think of anything else going on that could make this behavior change? Many thanks.

i cant seem to get opera or pie to work over tmobiles edge network. they both do fine over a wifi connection but edge nogo. the weird thing is that my email downloads fine.

i just flashed this rom the other day so my sig is not up to date. xcept for the radio.
This looks similar to the problem I reported a few posts ago. If you try and visit a page using PIE, do you just get a blank white page, and in Opera you get a "HTTP gateway timed out"?

UPDATE - It looks to me as though this is related to the presence of a proxy, or not, in the connection settings. If the proxy is there, then Opera and IE work fine, but eMail stops working. Take the proxy away, and eMail works, and the browsers don't. I've noticed that the Advanced Config option regarding proxies in IE don't seem to stick - it says it's disabled, but if you set it to enabled the setting doesn't take (my intention was to set it, then unset it, to see if that made a difference).

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You for creating this amazing series of ROMs!!! I have been using v5.7 for quite a while now, and was planning on switching to 6.0 however was waiting for 6.1 since it was pending release. Have you had a chance to put it back together after your unfortunate hard drive crash or is 6.0 become the last official release in this series? Has anybody found any disadvantages to switching to 6.0 from 5.7?

Sadly 6.0 will be the final ROM released. I was never able to recover 100% of my data, and I've been so busy with work lately that I finally made the painful decision to part with my Fuze a couple weeks ago.