|MODEM| t889v

Search This thread

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Canadian T889V

Many people have mentioned bad reception/ service/ speed while using some of the tmobile ROMs on the board. This will fix that.

ONLY FLASH THIS TO INCREASE SPEED IN THE 888V. IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE STAY AWAY FROM THAT LINK
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Thank You verifiedsub for testing, verifying the fix and the mirror

Last edited:

rog17

Mar 22, 2011
colorado
flashed this on t-mobile usa and I'm also getting boot loops.I did a factory reset cache wipe and flashed diffrent roms with no luck.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Hopefully tmo USA version will get new modems soon, maybe that will help with this horrendous 0.5 Mbps 4G speed :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957380 [modem][cwm]t889uvajl1 | 10/26/2012

from my Galaxy Note 2!!!
》Jedi Roms 《

Reactions: demon187

baka2x

Jun 25, 2011
So after flashing any rom with a t mobile radio, i just flash this t889v radio and I'm good to go?

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
So after flashing any rom with a t mobile radio, i just flash this t889v radio and I'm good to go?

If you are running the canadian T889v yes after flashing any rom install the t889v modem to help increase data speeds.

Sent from my NOTE 2! On 》Jedi X3 《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
I should flash the radio right after the rom flash, right? Before i reboot?

No reboot first do what you need to then go back to recovery after your system has had time to register all files. If you dont you run the risk of bootloops.

Sent from my NOTE 2! On 》Jedi X3 《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!

Reactions: baka2x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canadian T889V

Many people have mentioned bad reception/ service/ speed while using some of the tmobile ROMs on the board. This will fix that.

ONLY FLASH THIS TO INCREASE SPEED IN THE 888V. IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE STAY AWAY FROM THAT LINK
    Download

Thank You verifiedsub for testing, verifying the fix and the mirror
    Added to the OP. If you dont have tge 889V, dont flash the 889V modem
    Link in OP no longer works... any mirror?

Give me a few and ill provide link till op is updated.. ptmr is just chillaxin for the moment he will be back to cooking in the next few days..

**EDIT** here u go bro.. till ptmr3 updates op.

Sent from my T889v Note2 On 》Jedi X《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!
    Help used this on tmo usa getting boot loop help

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
    I've got a windmobile T889V note 2.
    I am now on virgin mobile which offers LTE.
    I know the tmobile modem offers LTE now.
    I am also aware that it can corrupt IMEI and put me in a boot loop if I flash a tmobile modem.

But, is it 100% that it will do this, or just a chance?
    If it does, can I flash the modem back? Or do something to recover?

And if it will do this error 100%, what can I do, short of buying an at&t model, to enable LTE on this Windmobile T889V note 2?

thank you.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODEMS ON A WIND MOBILE PHONE. PERIOD.. IF YOU DO YOU WILL CURRUPT IMEI 100%.there is no fix for us with wind phones I had to send mine to the states to Jtag repairs for it to get fixed.. I tried everything to fix the imei.. but none of the solutions that work for other models of the phone would work for out t889v models.. please do not install any modems on your phone or your phone will be an expensive paperweight. .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2