[SENSE 5][Discontinued][4.2.2] DominateC2 - One Which Dominates All

Search This thread

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Guys I know you r waiting but I'm sorry to say this rom may never be released due to audio, fixing audio is almost impossible until and unless msm8960 audio drivers in kernel are ported.

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Guys I know you r waiting but I'm sorry to say this rom may never be released due to audio, fixing audio is almost impossible until and unless msm8960 audio drivers in kernel are ported.

Is it the only one issue preventing you from completing this rom?
Also camera fix for sensation 3.4 kernel looked impossible, as well as in 3.4 aosp kernel...
Is audio even more difficult to fix?

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Is it the only one issue preventing you from completing this rom?
Also camera fix for sensation 3.4 kernel looked impossible, as well as in 3.4 aosp kernel...
Is audio even more difficult to fix?

yes, fixing camera for vc2 is easy since ville and villec2 have same camera but fixing audio is way more difficult since the whole code in kernel is different.

timothio

Aug 28, 2011
Hong Kong
Is it possible to release a public alpha version? Really appreciate your work, just wanna hav a try

Sent from my HTCSensation using xda app-developers app

Ami007

Nov 2, 2010

I think Dominos_Liberty sold his One S, or got a new phone and is no longer working actively on development for it.

The C2 has had a great run, but I think most devs have moved onto newer phones, and I doubt anyone is going to start development for a 2+ year old phone that I don't think is even sold anymore.

Kosta26

Nov 5, 2013
Zelenokumsk
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think Dominos_Liberty sold his One S, or got a new phone and is no longer working actively on development for it.

The C2 has had a great run, but I think most devs have moved onto newer phones, and I doubt anyone is going to start development for a 2+ year old phone that I don't think is even sold anymore.

Liberty have HTC Sensation.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

no, its really unstable, I'll work on it in summer holidays
How progress?

lutyjj

Nov 25, 2013
Wrocław

Hey, @bilal_liberty!
If you stopped developing this ROM, maybe you can share public alpha?:rolleyes: Don't matter if something don't work or it is unstable.
Maybe someone wants to continue your work and later we can see a stable version of this ROM. ;)
Anyway, I think many people wants to try this ROM as it is the only ROM with Sense 5 and Android version higher than 4.1.
This is a good chance to give one more life to VilleC2/Sensation.:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Q. What is DominateC2?

A. DominateC2 is the first android 4.2.2 with sense 5 for any msm8660 device and upcoming rom for
    HTC ONE S C2​
    and *HTC Sensation.

Q. When will it release?

A. I don't know.

Q. Dominos can u provide video or a proof of booting Android 4.2.2 with sense 5 on C2?

Please guys do not pm me asking for links, I know you guys are great developers and can help to make this rom stable more faster then I could alone but I am not willing to share any links or details for now :)

*not confirmed
    I remember those days when our villec2 remained in oblivion with comments like:

U never fix bluetooth because you are using a different base - ivicast

Sense 5 4.2.2 is impossible for the villec2 - dominos_liberty

But something I have clear, ''in the programming world nothing is impossible''. and we see possible by large developers like these we have for the villec2. Thanks for your work!

Well he fixed bluetooth using all "base" files from my working Viper port :)

Also, booting the 4.2.2 rom is actualy the easy part (except building kernel), yet we need to see if all is fixable on 4.2.2 and if 4.1.1 libs which are required to fix some stuff like audio and cam will mix with 4.2.2 libs, thats the main issue, not booting the rom.

But Dominos did awesome job, happy to have it on the team and i hope he proves me wrong many more times :)
    @dominos_liberty
    From my understanding this DominateC2 rom is different and separated than ViperC2 5.0.0 right?
    because DominateC2 is going to have 4.2.2 which ViperC2 5.0.0 is currently having 4.1.2
    or am I wrong? :p

if this roms get some good progress, i.e camera and audio are fixed it will be ViperC2/S 6.0.0, however if nothing is fixed, it will be released broken as dominateC2.
    Is it possible to release a public alpha version? Really appreciate your work, just wanna hav a try

Sent from my HTCSensation using xda app-developers app

no, its really unstable, I'll work on it in summer holidays
    those times...

I remember those days when our villec2 remained in oblivion with comments like:

U never fix bluetooth because you are using a different base - ivicast

Sense 5 4.2.2 is impossible for the villec2 - dominos_liberty

But something I have clear, ''in the programming world nothing is impossible''. and we see possible by large developers like these we have for the villec2. Thanks for your work!