[RECOVERY] Unofficial ClockworkMod v6.0.4.8 for m8vzw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I created a backup from CWM recovery...Only option was to SD card but when I browse the SD card I can't find the backup. Where is the backup directory? Thanks!

Go back a few posts, someone had to spell it out for me too. Maybe the OP should specify this or many more I'm sure will ask.

Nwkeng

Jun 17, 2010
For some reason when I'm in CWM it's not seeing finding any files except the folders. When I choose download under my SD card it says no files found. Any suggestions?

dead_ohio_sky

Feb 23, 2011
Does anyone have the md5 for the updated version? I just want to confirm a solid download before I flash.

Edit: I took the plunge after downloading a few times and making sure the md5 was the same. Here's mine: a9f95fd464aeddc8758820a900394c96

Last edited:

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
Im getting a "root access is missing. Root Device?" reading at the top.

I have s off/unlocked bootloader and flashed this recovery. I forgot the flash the superuser zip and can't go back. Should i let it root the phone?

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im getting a "root access is missing. Root Device?" reading at the top.

I have s off/unlocked bootloader and flashed this recovery. I forgot the flash the superuser zip and can't go back. Should i let it root the phone?

I instaled the SU Zip and I still get that mesage. I honestly don't think it matters what you answer. You still have root after boot.

Reactions: soundwavedj
Once S-OFF is obtained and SuperSU installed as a system app, any particular reason *not* to let the system reinstall stock recovery over CWM? (I'm concerned about the charging issues I've seen with CWM on the Rezound, and hoping TWRP will eventually be ported successfully).

Would I lose root doing that? (I'm thinking no, but I learn something new every day here).

Nwkeng

Jun 17, 2010
For some reason when I'm in CWM it's not seeing finding any files except the folders. When I choose download under my SD card it says no files found. Any suggestions?

Is anyone having the same issue? I've tried both versions on CWM and they both are giving me the same issue. It's only showing folders but not finding any files

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Is anyone having the same issue? I've tried both versions on CWM and they both are giving me the same issue. It's only showing folders but not finding any files

What files are you looking for? As far as I know, it looks for zips.. And that works fine for me.

M8, nuff said.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Once S-OFF is obtained and SuperSU installed as a system app, any particular reason *not* to let the system reinstall stock recovery over CWM? (I'm concerned about the charging issues I've seen with CWM on the Rezound, and hoping TWRP will eventually be ported successfully).

Would I lose root doing that? (I'm thinking no, but I learn something new every day here).

Charging your phone while it's on shouldn't matter what recovery you have installed. Should charge the same. Only issue I've ever really had with CWM is sometimes the list of files it shows while it's backing up will appear to freeze, but should still be performing the backup just fine. I can't say how it behaves when charging while the phone is off though.

Nwkeng

Jun 17, 2010
What files are you looking for? As far as I know, it looks for zips.. And that works fine for me.

M8, nuff said.

Trying to install superuser su. I originally had it in my downloads and since it says it can't find and files there I moved it to root right on the sdcard. Still no luck. Trying to flash the superuser zip file.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Trying to install superuser su. I originally had it in my downloads and since it says it can't find and files there I moved it to root right on the sdcard. Still no luck. Trying to flash the superuser zip file.

I had placed mine in the root directory of the internal storage. Was able to flash no problem.

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall

Are you seeing /0? if so click on that. It opens your internal storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that s-off has been released, here's a working ClockworkMod for the Verizon M8.

Pre-Requisites:
    - s-off (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - fastboot and adb binaries (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - download this: http://d-h.st/aXs (md5sum: 725cafdc16a6a50e760d3161c70c5fa2 )

Boot into fastboot mode:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Install the img downloaded from above:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm_v6.0.4.8_m8vzw-3.img

You may then either boot back into your rom using: fastboot reboot
    or
    Use the menu in the bootloader to reboot or (via the HBOOT menu) reboot into recovery
    48213118.jpg

Really just a joke but thanks!
    OP updated

Now you can read the text without squinting =)

http://invisiblek.org/m8/cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw-2.img
    OP updated, new version out
    - external sdcard working
    - swipey controls on
    - key repeating on
    Not working for me....just boots back to bootloader.

sorry about that, re-download, double-check the md5sum and you should be good