Kitkat on ZL

Search This thread

TAL333

Jun 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Yea, but we have that GLORIOUS LTE band. Just think what everyone else is missing out on... (I'll just go cry in a corner :( )

The C6503 has LTE bands also, just not the 1700 and 1900 MHz ones that AT&T and T-Mobile use in the U.S. And actually since the C6506 was certified first, for the first time it might get the update first. It doesn't matter, if the 6503 does we can just flash a 6503 .ftf and exclude the baseband.

cwoodffr

Oct 4, 2013
When it does arrive, what is the best way to upgrade?

Having been a Blackberry user I am accustomed to upgrades leaving the phone EXACTLY as it was prior, apps, data, icons placements, all settings and preferences etc etc.

For a non rooted phone, what is the recommended method? Is it even possible not to have to go to a blank slate on a new OS?

Adilson Casula

Having been a Blackberry user I am accustomed to upgrades leaving the phone EXACTLY as it was prior, apps, data, icons placements, all settings and preferences etc etc.

For a non rooted phone, what is the recommended method? Is it even possible not to have to go to a blank slate on a new OS?

Personally, I think the best way is via OTA.
no crashes via the official upgrade when you're running in stock.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008

You can flash an FTF without wiping the data partition. I'm unsure as to your success with doing this, but it's possible.

IF you don't care about root, and if your locked boot loader (which it sounds like you are) then I'd either do OTA, or flash with flashtool and not wipe/format the data partition...

cwoodffr

Oct 4, 2013
You can flash an FTF without wiping the data partition. I'm unsure as to your success with doing this, but it's possible.

IF you don't care about root, and if your locked boot loader (which it sounds like you are) then I'd either do OTA, or flash with flashtool and not wipe/format the data partition...

And if you do it without wiping the data portion does it keep all your settings, icon layouts etc?

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I really want to flash a custom rom, but i dont know how to properly do it...
Because last time i root my phone, it got bootloop... So... Yeah..

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk

If you can unlock your boot loader, then you can play alot... otherwise you kind of are stuck with locked boot loader roms... (running the stock sony kernel)...

You should search or start a new thread in the help area to get help with that.

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
If you can unlock your boot loader, then you can play alot... otherwise you kind of are stuck with locked boot loader roms... (running the stock sony kernel)...

You should search or start a new thread in the help area to get help with that.

Okayy.. And, please quote me if you get 4.4 update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it's three weeks from now... Can't wait!!
    ANyway, do u guys know if it can show notification bar when you play a games? U know, like the one in nexus 5

Immersion Mode is a standard feature of Android 4.4 if it appears in the Nexus builds it'll appear in all Branded (E.G HTC, Sony, Samsung) versions of Kit Kat. First and foremost general sections aren't a Q&A forum, so do be careful what you post and where. As for more info about the Sony Xperia ZL 4.4 update for any new info check the Z not ZL forum beforehand. There's usually more content in that forum.
    I just cant wait... Bcs everybody now already in kitkat... Why we are so late?

You haven't seen late until you're a C6506 owner!