[QUESTION] PSFreedom on Tattoo possible?

Search This thread

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
I too can confirm that the new psfserviceMod is now available. There are currently two versions for those who are getting the "out of memory error" then please download and install the rev2 version.

You can find the new recovery images at www.klutsh.com, once there either click on the blog entry or click on the Downloads section and you will find it there.

To install just use the usual flash_image tool.

Also you will find on the Downloads section - the new Payloads for PSFreedom (dated: 14/12/2010), extract these onto your SD Card and use in the new psfservicemod.

If you are looking to use hermes v4b then I am told you can use any of the hex files but after speaking to klutsh he recommends to try the teensy 2++ hex first before trying the others.

DaveOMac

Sep 6, 2010
Oh I also must add... please donate if you can! Even if its only a pound/dollar or whatever currency your on. It all helps.

KrisInfinity

Sep 16, 2010
Tirane
I'm trying to jailbreak a PS3 Slim with firmware 3.01.

* I remove the power chord.
* Rebooted the Tattoo in recovery > PSFreedom Settings > Load Payload from SD > default_payload_3.01.bin
* It says custom payload ready and it writes the instructions
* I plug the usb, then the power chord and press power then eject (the ps3 does a kind of beep)

The power led of the ps3 turns to green, but except that nothing happens... I waited some minutes and still nothing showed on screen, so I unplugged the power chord.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I was using 2010-12-07 payloads, but I don't think they should be the problem, right?

Last edited:

francians

May 28, 2010
I'm trying to jailbreak a PS3 Slim with firmware 3.01.

* I remove the power chord.
* Rebooted the Tattoo in recovery > PSFreedom Settings > Load Payload from SD > default_payload_3.01.bin
* It says custom payload ready and it writes the instructions
* I plug the usb, then the power chord and press power then eject (the ps3 does a kind of beep)

The power led of the ps3 turns to green, but except that nothing happens... I waited some minutes and still nothing showed on screen, so I unplugged the power chord.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I was using 2010-12-07 payloads, but I don't think they should be the problem, right?

You must press power then holding 1-2 sec eject (better without disk) :rolleyes:
i use the right/up usb port because the left/down one sometimes crash the ps3

KrisInfinity

Sep 16, 2010
Tirane
You must press power then holding 1-2 sec eject (better without disk) :rolleyes:
i use the right/up usb port because the left/down one sometimes crash the ps3

Its a ps3 slim. Its got only 2 usb on front, i use left one.

I have tried to press power, thn hold eject for 2 seconds. The ps3 beeps twice but nothing happens until i remove the power chord.

Or should i keep power pressed while holding eject?

How long should i wait to expect smth on screen to show?

Edit: Found the problem http://www.klutsh.com/2010/12/22/ps3-jailbreaking-on-fw-lower-than-3-41/

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all
    new payload firmware 3.41 + psn + 3.50 spoofing
    dezip the file default payload 3.41 bin
    extract file on your tattoo sdcard
    place the file in payload and replace the file
    boot recovery mode
    launch psfreedom
    go menu load from sdcard\payloads\default_payload_3.41_bin and click [me i have two default payload 3.41 i select first]
    after its ok boot your console with the same procedure
    But Is there hope to have psfreedom working on firmware 3.42? :confused:

tomorrow we'll have the answer!
    i just brought a tattoo,after dumping my touch pro,im a newbie

i need help.

a full guide on wat to do to jailbreak, and what rom tou.

please help,ive searched everywhere and there is no guide.

thank u
    Checked out the official PSFreedom Wiki Guide for the HTC Tattoo, you can find it here:

http :// psfreedom. com/ wiki / HTC_Tattoo [No Spaces]

It has the recovery image available for download and a short guide on how to install it. Hope it helps.
    Your flash_image command is missing, it happened to me when I updated my Tattoo to a new ROM (seems the rom, wipes everything and re-installs what it is on the ROM image). To rectify this, I just used the easy-1click root app again (search and you shall find or just click on the Prerequisites root guide link within the PSFreedom Tattoo Wiki Page and it will re-install it, along with su etc. If you do go down this route rename the PSRecovery Image to "TCRI.alpha.img" in the c:\rtattoo\sdcard\ directory and it will flash the PSRecovery for you.

Also I must add I spoke to @Klutsh on the PSFreedom IRC today and asked him about the psmodservice, he has been busy debugging errors today but said he will get round to it as it is on the list. Keep an eye out on klush.com for more info.
    yes thats normal because it isn't the last recovery img
    the last recovery had given some errors to some of my friends so i recommend staying with that one and only update the payloads