INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY AND/OR THIS FIRMWARE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. UNDERSTAND THE RISKS.
CURRENTLY NFC SERVICE CAN DRAIN THE BATTERY BY LOOPING (DUE TO LIBS BUILT FOR NON-VZW NFC CHIPS).
TO FIX THIS FLASH THE FOLLOWING ZIP FILE AFTER ANY ROM .ZIP:
Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
Mirror 2 (Crackflasher)
A WORD ABOUT HOW THE GALAXY NOTE 3 WAS BROUGHT INTO THE CYANOGENMOD DEVICE SUPPORT TREE
- This was not a magical event where the device is now fully supported on AOSP. Many devs worked very hard for quite some time to get this device working as it stands today (most of it done by the CM dev team). Each dev has done more than just what I'm listing below, but these are the highlights.
- @noobnl / Utkanos both worked on the device bring up, config settings, ramdisk and debugging
- Cyanogen did most of the kernel work bringing in the needed commits to bring the device up to CAF KK compliance
- Arcee helped with some RIL and kernel issues
- Slayher helped with debugging and testing
- I worked on audio issues and am doing in-progress work on the new NFC chip in VZW/TMO variants
- And several others (whom I'm forgetting) helped in other ways
- Make sure your device is unlocked
- Install TWRP or CWM recovery for the Note3
- Download the ROM / Gapps and place on your SD card
- Reboot to recovery
- Make a backup of your stock software
- Install the ROM / Gapps
- Wipe Cache / Dalvik
- Reboot and Enjoy
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
- Don't expect NFC to work anytime soon it's a brand new NFC NXP PN547 chip. I'm working on it as I get time.
- GPS lock issue(?)
- The Samsung flip cover is currently not supported for turning off the screen when closed.
- S-PEN is currently setup to work like a mouse interface. It's a WIP.
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?
Please submit a patch to the CyanogenMod gerrit site if you want to help out.
WANT TO BUILD YOUR OWN?
Head over to https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android/tree/cm-11.0 and follow the instructions.
Through the build-up and debugging process, I've been using this as my daily for over a week now. And I can comfortably say.. you won't hate it, but there WILL BE bugs that are being worked out. Worth the flash? Make a backup in TWRP and find out.
[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod for DEVED VZW Note 3 (HLTE), ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hashcode, noobnl, Cyanogen, Slayher, Utkanos, Arcee and the CM Dev Team
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked / DevEd.
Based On: CyanogenMod
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-19
Last Updated 2014-05-14