HELP: How do I wipe everything out and start over?

Search This thread

tonyt76

Aug 13, 2011
Hello,

I recently purchased a 16GB Galaxy Tab Wifi and when I do a factory reset, it will not run setup. It takes me to the same home screen, with an extra icon "Factory Mode" also the lock screen does not work.

I have rooted the tablet and tried the offical 3.1 ota rom and the TW stock+rooted rom, but even after I do a clear/erase everything, the tablet refuses to run setup and the same "Factory Mode" icon appears on the home screen with lock screen not working.

Is there a way to wipe the internal memory/system files to make this factory fresh again?

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
Hello,

I recently purchased a 16GB Galaxy Tab Wifi and when I do a factory reset, it will not run setup. It takes me to the same home screen, with an extra icon "Factory Mode" also the lock screen does not work.

I have rooted the tablet and tried the offical 3.1 ota rom and the TW stock+rooted rom, but even after I do a clear/erase everything, the tablet refuses to run setup and the same "Factory Mode" icon appears on the home screen with lock screen not working.

Is there a way to wipe the internal memory/system files to make this factory fresh again?

Did you use the ClockworkMod Data Wipe/Factory Reset?

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
task650 and stinky73, mind to share what's on your mind to take out this factory mode? thanks for the help!