[MOD] SGS4G Carrier Unlocker (Nov 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GFX.myst.

Jul 19, 2011
I had busybox installed too and got that error. I used busybox pro and updated to the newest version and it worked. Don't think that since you already have it installed that that is enough, reinstall it and make sure it is updated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

I did as you said prior to actually reading it thinking maybe it needed to be updated. still get no unlock code. like I said before though, it could be because my device is already unlocked.

Sent from within pure darkness.

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
I did as you said prior to actually reading it thinking maybe it needed to be updated. still get no unlock code. like I said before though, it could be because my device is already unlocked.

Nah, it's not that because the script isn't finding the busybox commands:

Code:
Doing hex dump
[B]od: not found[/B]
Finding unlock code
[B]grep: not found[/B]

I don't have busybox installed, so I don't know if it requires you to be root to access/use the commands or not. Maybe open a terminal and see if the commands are there and if so, where they are located?

ultimakillz

Oct 7, 2011
Texas
You need both Busybox and root privaledges, as it says in the OP. Make sure you are running the script as root as well by toggling the root icon in script manager.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Those errors are from busybox not being installed, though the script will NOT find an unlock code once your phone has been unlocked. I found this out on my phone but luckily I was working with a file backup I made previously which still contained the unlock code for my phone. After you do a carrier unlock, the phone modifies your nv_ram.bin file erasing the unlock code and changing some bytes in the file to allow your phone to work on other carriers, which means that the unlock script will not find the code.

The busybox installer I posted in the OP, as ultima said, will work, which is why I posted it there to begin with. I haven't trusted the busybox installers you get from the market as we've had problems with them before, which prompted me to make the CWM installer to begin with.

Reactions: GFX.myst.

GFX.myst.

Jul 19, 2011
Those errors are from busybox not being installed, though the script will NOT find an unlock code once your phone has been unlocked. I found this out on my phone but luckily I was working with a file backup I made previously which still contained the unlock code for my phone. After you do a carrier unlock, the phone modifies your nv_ram.bin file erasing the unlock code and changing some bytes in the file to allow your phone to work on other carriers, which means that the unlock script will not find the code.

The busybox installer I posted in the OP, as ultima said, will work, which is why I posted it there to begin with. I haven't trusted the busybox installers you get from the market as we've had problems with them before, which prompted me to make the CWM installer to begin with.

thanks fb for clarifying that for us. also, I would like to say that I'm sorry for not being clear in my 3rd post. after updating/installing busybox, the script ran with no errors. but like I said, there was still no unlock code which you conveniently verified for me the reason I stated from the get go. so now all I can say is yet another great creation by team acid. :)

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
thanks fb for clarifying that for us. also,I would like to say that I'm sorry for not being clear in my 2nd post. after updating/installing busybox, the script ran with no errors. but like I said, there was still no unlock code which you conveniently verified for me the reason I stated from the get go. so now all I can say is yet another great creation by team acid. :)

:D Glad I could help. It's always good to have more information on how the software you're using works. Leaves all the guesswork out of it.

eJLIFe

Sep 15, 2009
Tampa
I'm having trouble with unlocking my device. The script does give me an unlock code, but when typing it into the device it errors out and says unlock unsuccessful and has a limited number of tries.

Any ideas why this would be an issue?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I'm having trouble with unlocking my device. The script does give me an unlock code, but when typing it into the device it errors out and says unlock unsuccessful and has a limited number of tries.

Any ideas why this would be an issue?

I wouldn't try it anymore. If you're in the US and trying to use the phone on AT&T for example, I'd call T-Mobile and get the code from them before you run out of tries and lock your phone permanently. It might be because of how your binary file is laid out.

If you want, grab the bml3 file that's in /sdcard/bml/, zip it up and send it to me via PM. I'll look into it but I give you no promises.

BaseBill33

Jan 5, 2012
Total noob here

Trying to unlock my phone but cannot download script to SD saying not supported....?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Using phone brwser....aftr doing more reading finding that i need to learn to root first, guessing i may be over my head until i reread a bit. Thanks.

Yup, you'll need to be rooted for this, but it's really easy to root your phone. Look in the dev/general sections as people have asked and people have answered how to root before. After this the script will be able to do its thing. :)

Reactions: pisherthefisher

hjjiang

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 5
okay, and on the side note thanx for the GB Ext 4 Starter pack guide, since I cant post in the dev section yet. I did get the E: can't mount /cache error after step 4 but after doing step 8, rebooted with "data converting" the rebooted back to recovery the /cache error disappeared. xD

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
okay, and on the side note thanx for the GB Ext 4 Starter pack guide, since I cant post in the dev section yet. I did get the E: can't mount /cache error after step 4 but after doing step 8, rebooted with "data converting" the rebooted back to recovery the /cache error disappeared. xD

Yeah it'll do that to you, kind of annoying 'cause you're seeing "error" and thinking whoops I did something wrong, but it'll work just fine after you flash the GB files.

Reactions: pisherthefisher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have released my paid app that will let you easily unlock your phone with a native Android app at the touch of a button! If you have trouble using my free unlock methods the app will be able to unlock your phone even if the unlock code did not work.
    Check the app thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3005777

I recently did a carrier unlock on my SGS4G and thought it was too much of a hassle to have to use hex editors to find your code so I decided to make this tool.

unlocker_news.png

November 7, 2012
    Hopefully fixed all the bugs related to sh syntax (needs testing and confirmation)

unlocker_features.png

* Gets your carrier unlock code
    * Easy to run script, no more using hex editors!

unlocker_notes.png

* You will need to boot up your phone without a sim card in it, though you might need to get on Wifi.

unlocker_prerequisites.png

* Root
    * Busybox. You can use my CWM Busybox Installer

unlocker_instructions.png

1) Download the script file, save it on the SD card
    2) Download Script Manager from the market
    3) Open Script Manager and run the script from the SD card
    4) When the dialog comes up asking you to run the script, tap Run
    5) Your unlock code will be shown on the screen and will be saved as unlock_code.txt on your sd card
    6) You can now use the unlock code when you put in the non-T-Mobile sim into your phone and unlock your phone. You can check the unlock status by dialling *#7465625#. All the locks should say "OFF".

unlocker_downloads.png

Script Manager (Android Market)
    sgs4g_unlocker.sh
    CWM Busybox Installer

unlocker_source.png

Unlocker on GitHub

unlocker_screenshots.png

unlocker1.png
    unlocker2.png

unlocker_changelog.png

Here's the changelog:
    November 7, 2012
    Hopefully fixed all the bugs related to sh syntax (needs testing and confirmation)

October 10, 2012
    Updated busybox checking (for people who refuse to read the OP and instructions)
    Made the script more SH-like
    Made sure that the programs/commands the script use are the ones provided by busybox
    Fixed a derp with a then clause

January 30, 2012
    Updated screenshots in OP to reflect the script's output
    The script no longer requires superuser access (though you will still need it to install busybox)
    Added debug output for dd command
    Added ERROR function and error code to catch when nv_data.bin is not found.

January 22, 2012
    Changed script's working directory
    Added version number and creator info to the top of the script
    Added a message in case the unlock code is not found (added by stephen_w)
    -- Adapted to sh instead of bash
    Cleaned up the script to only show debug messages when wanted.

January 22, 2012
    Added a link to the git repository holding the script's source code:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/teamacid/unlocker/

January 14, 2012
    * Vastly increased performance gain. Now copies nv_data.bin instead of doing a bml3 dump so you get your code in around 1 second after running the script.
    * Should now find your unlock code even if you unlocked your phone already.

December 31, 2011
    Updated to version 0.3
    * Added a switch to the grep command (provided by stephen_w) to hopefully eliminate the duplicate code bug.

December 30, 2011
    Updated to version 0.2
    * Fixed the duplicate unlock code bug thanks to a bml dump from bswann

December 30, 2011
    Initial release

unlocker_credits.png

sanfranx415 and SS2006 for the steps to unlock
    stephen_w for his contributions to the project
    ultimakillz, bhundven and raverx3x for testing
    bswann for providing a bml dump to find a duplicate code bug
    If you haven't noticed, this has been posted on the XDA Portal! Thanks FB, i haven't been here that long but that's the first time i've seen our phone on there! :D
    I got pretty excited. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Of course man!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
    :). Pretty soon I'm going to release the app I'm working on to make unlocking a matter of just having root. It'll work on Froyo/GB and ICS ROMs. Initially it will only support the same features as this script (displaying your unlock code).

The next version will support unlocking by editing the nv_data.bin file in addition to support making and restoring backups of the efs partition.

Note that it will be a paid app.
    Thanks. I was so sleepy yesterday that I hadn't realized how easy it was to finish the script. I had a mental block deciding on how to convert the hex codes back to ascii using only programs available on busybox.