getting back to 3.1.....??????? jessica

Search This thread

killua_bryan

Jan 12, 2011
I gave up looking. I dont know what happen because i rooted my tab and somehow i cant go back. I did factory reset but no luck. I just wanna go to back to 3.1 so i could update my gtab to 3.2. I know its here in this thread but i cant find it (i tried) . If you could just help me out so i could update to 3.2 that would be a help. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

JESSICA

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Hiya, I haven't done this, but will try to help anyway.
Can I ask first, why do you want to go back to the "factory" state? Do you need to return it?

Edit: coz just having root access does not stop you updating to 3.2...

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
factoy reseting your device will NOT WIPE SYSTEM and thats were superuser is. You need to Odin flash the firmware of you choiche. thats the best and easiest way, its done in 5 minutes. And i think its wise to not update while rooted as some have reported errors during update and some have not. good luck

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
Why not just flash Galaxy Task 10 Rom? It's 3.2 and much better than the stock 3.2. All you need is Clockwork Mod installed and you can do that with Odin.

I flashed it with Pershoots kernel and it runs VERY stable. You can also flash it with the stock kernel if you don't want overclocking, etc.

killua_bryan

Jan 12, 2011
I bricked my galaxy tab. I want to go back to 3.1 so i could update it to 3.2. I dont know much aout hacking so I guess i messed up. Im trying to go back to 3.1 so i could update my tab to 3.2 then root it. However, i couldnt find any thread to fix. :(

thanks for your all reply. If I used 3.2 rom? will it stay 3.2 if I use other roms? thanks in advance

jessica

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Well, a custom rom like Galaxy Task 10 is "3.2" and so yes, it will stay 3.2.
I'd recommend Task's rom, it's much better than the stock 3.2.
And no doubt he will update to Android 4 (IceCream Sandwich) so you'll be able to keep up to date.

Your comments about bricking your device are now confusing the situation.
Can you please write what steps you did (or thought you did), and what your device does or does not do right now?

Also, please be vey specific about what device you have, whether it is 3g+wifi or just wifi. Give us the model number from the box if you do not know.

We'll help, we just need details.

Cheers..

killua_bryan

Jan 12, 2011
i have the 16gb wifi us version. I used odin and
everything went perfect but still cant update to 3.2 using kies. Kies say your tablet doesnt support firmware upgrade. What I did next is i tried to root my tablet
somehow it wont let me root and giving me this "your storage not prepared yet please use ui menu for format and reboot actions"

I downloaded termulator and root checker to see if im rooted however it says im not. So I cant download any roms or upgraded to rom 3.2. :(

Ive been searching online to how to fix it for almost 6 hours and cant find a solution. pls help!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS AND I REALLY APPRECIATED!

Jessica

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I've put numbers (eg [*1]) in to your message quoted below;

i have the 16gb wifi us version. I used odin and
everything went perfect [*1] but still cant update to 3.2 using kies. Kies say your tablet doesnt support firmware upgrade [*2]. What I did next is i tried to root my tablet [*3]
somehow it wont let me root and giving me this "your storage not prepared yet please use ui menu for format and reboot actions"

I downloaded termulator and root checker to see if im rooted [*4] however it says im not. So I cant download any roms [*5] or upgraded to rom 3.2. :(

1. Used ODIN to do what? Put in a recovery image? or replace a whole ROM?
2. Is a firmware upgrade available? There isn't for mine, I'm also on a 16g wifi version but no 3.2 FW has been released for my specific model yet...
3. How? By flashing a zip in recovery? Can you post the link to the information you used to do this?
4. These may give false negatives. Check in your apps list to see if you have "SuperUser". If so, run it, it will show you apps that have tried to ask for root access. They may have been asking but you didn't receive the prompt, and have therefore been denied root access. If so, grant them root and try to run them again.
5. Just FYI, you don't need root access to download/install a ROM, you need a "recovery".

Honestly, I think the best thing for you to do (besides answer these questions :)) is to download the ROM Galaxy Task 10, boot into recovery, and flash it. That is assuming you do have a recovery image in place, which depends on the answer to #1 above.

killua_bryan

Jan 12, 2011
i tried everything. it wont let me root the device. Tab keep saying your storage not prepared yet please use ui menu for format and reboot actions. So i cant use any or replace rom. I upgraded my tab to 3.2 before but kies keep saying its not upgradeable. Any suggestions? thanks!

jessica

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Sorry, I need specific information to those questions from my previous post. As stated, replacing a rom doesn't need root, it needs a recovery image.

Maybe some screenshots of your tab and/or computer would help? Or photos, if you can't take screenshots?

Sorry, if you won't answer my questions I'm not going to be able to help.

gdmuscle

Nov 2, 2010
Back to Stock,

Here's what I did to get back to stock.

You must choose the files under the GTAB GT7510 /retail/google edition
First you have to install Clock Work Recovery using this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171089

Download the files under FilesForDummies 2 mirrors are listed. These files will help you flash Clockworkrecovery and also the retail recovery is included.

This step needs to be flashed through Odin. You also need to root your device after the flash if your not already rooted. You need the Clock Work Recovery to enter recovery mode so you can flash the Stock Files that I'll point you later.

Once you've flashed the Clockwork recovery you should reboot normally. At this point try to root your device if its not already rooted. Look for OneClickRoot I'll point to that later if you don't already have it.

Not too sure if you need to be rooted as I've always rooted my device before installing roms anyways, but you can try the next steps if your not rooted. If the next steps don't work then reboot and root the device.

Start with your tablet off.

1. Push Powerbutton as soon as you see it startup put your finger on the volume down button and press until you see the android. One side is a box saying recovery the other download. Choose download mode by pushing volume down to choose and up to enter you will be prompted at this time just take if from there. Make sure Odin is up and running, choose the PDA file as Clockwork cm4.04 its that file in the zip you just downloaded and extracted.

2. Flash Clockwork file Clockwork CM4.04 etc... using ODIN should be included in the zipped file you've downloaded. Make sure these files are unzipped in the same folder. Now after flashing the tablet should reboot and it would look normally like it did before except you have clockworkrecovery instead of the stock one.

3. Go back to the link I sent you above and scrool down until you see flashing roms and kernals heading. Click on Stock US Retail Rom, this will download the Stock US Retail 3.1 file for Clockwork. choose : hc-3.1_ota-full_sam file, and then also click on the recovery hc3.1 file.
Put these files in the same folder or somewhere where you can find them. Not sure if these are already in the file you downloaded above, if they are then don't have to download these.

4. Unzip the files and make sure you remember where they are.

5. With your tablet on and plug into your usb port transfer the hc-3.1 ota file you've just downloaded and put it into the root directory of your tablet. It should not be in any folders just in the /SD folder.

5. Now turn off the tablet, once off push power button again and enter recovery this time choosing the left android with the box. Push left button to choose and right volume button to enter. Now you should be in clockwork recover orange writing. Now look for update from Sd card, use volume button left to choose and right to enter. Click then you should see the file you've copied on your sd card of your tablet. Click down and then use left volume button to choose.

6. Once there it should start flashing the Stock Rom, once done it will return you to where you started, at this point you can choose to wipe data/ cache etc. You can do that to make sure you've clear everything in your tablet before you actually reboot. Once done choose reboot and your tablet should be back to stock but not just yet.

7. You could leave Clockwork on there or you can go directly back to stock by doing the same steps from 1 and 2 and flash the STock Recovery instead. This will bring the tablet right back to HC3.1 and Retail Stock. From this point on you can flash up to 3.2 etc.

Hope this helps but I can't go into it in any length as I'm hoping you know most of the terminolgy.

There is also videos on this link to help you.