Registry Changes to get 7.10.8107 update on Samsung Focus AT&T

Search This thread

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
It seems this works only for Focus 1.3.

Since there are no OEM updates with this update, only the OS version number changes. If there were OEM updates, then this method of updation will brick the phone as the OEM updates are not for this mobile.

That is partly correct. Indeed there are no OEM updates in 8107 (I won't revert to 7740 to check anyway changes in firwmare) but it would not brick the phone if there were. With the LG settings, Zune still saw my phone as Samsung since it needs the Samsung driver to connect through.

Why can't people update? Simply: because carriers don't allow the update to go through immediately, but gradually. So you need to change the carrier to one that delivers the update. It won't actually matter what phone you have, you need to get the notification in Zune, then Zune will see what phone you have and connect to MS servers to download the update. And since the registry changes were reverted, it reflected your current phone, so it won't brick it :)

lil_dipo@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2008
Pearland TX
Hi i tried updating to 8107 as mentioned above on a rev 1.3 focus, ATT.

it updated to 7740 and when i check for another update,it says i have the latest update.

i changed the values to the lg device as mentioned above and i changed it back to att before i updated and after it updated it searched for another update( the 8107) and it said i have the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 25, 2011
Hi i tried updating to 8107 as mentioned above on a rev 1.3 focus, ATT.

it updated to 7740 and when i check for another update,it says i have the latest update.

i changed the values to the lg device as mentioned above and i changed it back to att before i updated and after it updated it searched for another update( the 8107) and it said i have the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For AT&T Focus 1.3, you should repeat the steps two times. One to get 7.10.7740 update and the second time for 7.10.8107 update.

baahhh

Mar 8, 2009
For AT&T Focus 1.3, you should repeat the steps two times. One to get 7.10.7740 update and the second time for 7.10.8107 update. Use the registry changes once again to get the next update.
I have tried the same approach, repeating the registry changes, and no further updates are available past 7.10.7740. Any other ideas?

UranusHertz

Mar 5, 2007
Same problem here. Can't get past 7740. Changed the registry value several times, also tried restarting zune with new/old reg values, and also searching the windows registry for the LG settings (none found).

Going to try the mango force update with the vodafone reg values in a while. Will update with results.

edit: Didn't work, so I reverted the changes in the registry and did the manual update instead :(

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
No idea what's happening to you people. Probably they have blocked this method.
But I did successfully use this method two times.

mmblanco

Aug 29, 2007
Same here. Went succesfully to 7740 and then got stuck there. Tried several time the registry changes, nothing happens.

DJSave

Oct 27, 2011
Tbilisi
Why not use CAB Sender method? I updated my AT&T Focus 1.3 at first to 7740 and the then to 8107in just 5 mins :) and everything Works just fine

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Cab Sender

Why not use CAB Sender method? I updated my AT&T Focus 1.3 at first to 7740 and the then to 8107in just 5 mins :) and everything Works just fine

I also used the cab sender method and went from 7720 to 7740, then to 8107 with language packs for my ATT Focus. No problems at all, went smoothly and took about 20 minutes with a backup that Zune recognizes.

lil_dipo@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2008
Pearland TX

+1 here,updated to 7740 through here then just updated to 8107 with the cab sender method from this guide http://mobilitydigest.com/windows-phone-8107-manual-update/ and everything is working great.

p.s: since i was already on 7740, i skipped the first step from the read me instructions and just went ahead and copied all the files from 8107 and continued as described.

Reactions: [[ Cold ]]

dmw_4814

Nov 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I also used the cab sender method and went from 7720 to 7740, then to 8107 with language packs for my ATT Focus. No problems at all, went smoothly and took about 20 minutes with a backup that Zune recognizes.

Is your Wi-Fi working properly? I updated to 8107 using the cab sender method, but I can't get it to connect to my wireless router! It detects several networks in my apartment building, but when I try and connect to mine, it just keeps saying connection unsuccsessful. I tried re-entering the password, but that had no effect. Everything else seems fine. It connected to that router without problem before I updated. Any ideas?

Dennis

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Mine is OK

Is your Wi-Fi working properly? I updated to 8107 using the cab sender method, but I can't get it to connect to my wireless router! It detects several networks in my apartment building, but when I try and connect to mine, it just keeps saying connection unsuccsessful. I tried re-entering the password, but that had no effect. Everything else seems fine. It connected to that router without problem before I updated. Any ideas?

Dennis

Mine still detects avaiable networks and connects as it did before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made the following registry changes to my focus and got the update notification in Zune for the update 7.10.8107 and reverted to the default values before updating. The update went smoothly and the device is working fine.

[HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\]
    MobileOperator = VOD-IT
    MOName = Vodafone
    OEMDeviceName = ATLANTIC_VDF_IT
    MODeviceName = LG E-900
    OemName = LG

Keep the backup securely for future use if needed.
    I made the following registry changes to my focus and got the update notification in Zune for the update 7.10.8107 and reverted to the default values before updating. The update went smoothly and the device is working fine.

[HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\]
    MobileOperator = VOD-IT
    MOName = Vodafone
    OEMDeviceName = ATLANTIC_VDF_IT
    MODeviceName = LG E-900
    OemName = LG

Confirmed working, updated my Rogers to 8107. No bugs so far (internet sharing working fine) and still unlocked.

Here's how I did it:
    1. On phone, change the registry in WP7 Root tools to LG as above
    2. Connect to PC/Zune, sync, then update pops up
    3. On PC, click until the screen with "Update now" and "Update later", don't click further
    4. On phone, launch WP7 Root Tools and undo the e the registry changes on the phone, and then exit to home screen
    5. On PC, Click "Update now"

Here are the details after updating to 8107 on my Focus (Rogers):

OS version: 7.10.8107.79
    Firmware revision number: 2124.11.9.4
    Hardware revision number: 3.1.0.7
    Radio software version: 2124.11.9.3
    Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.3
    Bootloader version: 5.9.2.2
    Chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0

my Focus is hw revision 1.3

Please read the thread properly before attempting this!
    Hardware version 1.4 was reported to have issues (at least on page 2).

+1 here,updated to 7740 through here then just updated to 8107 with the cab sender method from this guide http://mobilitydigest.com/windows-phone-8107-manual-update/ and everything is working great.

p.s: since i was already on 7740, i skipped the first step from the read me instructions and just went ahead and copied all the files from 8107 and continued as described.
    I updated my samsung focus to 7740 using this method. But it said I dont have any updates after that :) Do i need to repeat steps again for the next version of update?

Yes, I repeated the steps with a quick reboot each time I changed to the LG registries. I did need to do a hard reset after upgrading to 8107 in order to interop unlock my device again and to reinstall wp7 root tools. After that tho I was able to update to tango with no problem.

EDIT: It was the 8112 update that caused me to need to hard reset, not the 8107 update.
    I updated using to 8773 using this method. But as robgab999 mentioned, you need to do a hard reset after 8107 update if you want to use interop unlock.

hows it 8773 is working for you on focus? Mine hangs sometimes (rarely) and sometimes I miss push to notifications on whats app (version 2, and I did not update to latest version as it is buggy) . Is it the problem with the version or something else? Should we do a hard reset even after 8773 update?

I've not had any issues. It lags once in a while when I use custom themes and accents but overall I'd say it actually improved the performance of my phone. You could try a battery pull to see if that changes any of your issues before resorting to a hard reset.