New OTA Leak SGH-T999_T999UVDLI3

Search This thread

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Easiest way to get recovery is install goo mgr from the store. Press menu then install openrecovery.

Make sure these are deleted.
/system/install-recovery.sh
/system/etc/recovery-from-boot.p

Now back in goo mgr press reboot recovery.
Flash your heart out!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

synergymike

Nov 29, 2011
West Jordan
Well I guess I had this coming for having missed out on all the other bugs mentioned for this release... First I am unrooted and did the update from UVALH2 manually through the stock recovery.

About mid day today I noticed all my signal bars gone and that I wasn't connected to T-mobiles network. Rebooted the phone and and all the signal bars came back but no 4g or Edge next to the signal bars - tried to make a call and got the error "not registered to a network". Went into settings and made sure mobile data was turned on, tried to manually find the network, the search came back with T-mobile and AT&T but when I select T-mobile nothing happens. WiFi is working just fine and my signal bars are full up.

Tried to Odin back to UVALH2, it runs fine and everything looks like it should, reboot the phone and it just hangs on the Samsung logo. So I went back into the stock recovery and decided I would try the update.zip - that runs fine and the phone reboots normal but still not able to connect to T-mobile. I have tried this several times with the same result.

Also tried to odin flash CMW, everything indicates that it was a successful flash but only the stock recovery comes up... Looks like I am running Sammy's smallest tablet now :(

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-Edit-
Was finally able to odin back to UVALH2 but still can't register to the network - I think at this point this rules out this ota as the problem. I guess its possible my sim card went bad. Looks like a trip to Tmobile tomorrow.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
As for te recovery always being stock. The ota includes two files that reinstall stock recovery every boot.
/system/recovery-from-boot.p
/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Delete these and itll stop. If youve installed a full fw they should already be gone. Only comes with otas.

Reactions: synergymike

adolfo778

Oct 16, 2011
Garden Grove, CA
Well I guess I had this coming for having missed out on all the other bugs mentioned for this release... First I am unrooted and did the update from UVALH2 manually through the stock recovery.

About mid day today I noticed all my signal bars gone and that I wasn't connected to T-mobiles network. Rebooted the phone and and all the signal bars came back but no 4g or Edge next to the signal bars - tried to make a call and got the error "not registered to a network". Went into settings and made sure mobile data was turned on, tried to manually find the network, the search came back with T-mobile and AT&T but when I select T-mobile nothing happens. WiFi is working just fine and my signal bars are full up.

Tried to Odin back to UVALH2, it runs fine and everything looks like it should, reboot the phone and it just hangs on the Samsung logo. So I went back into the stock recovery and decided I would try the update.zip - that runs fine and the phone reboots normal but still not able to connect to T-mobile. I have tried this several times with the same result.

Also tried to odin flash CMW, everything indicates that it was a successful flash but only the stock recovery comes up... Looks like I am running Sammy's smallest tablet now :(

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-Edit-
Was finally able to odin back to UVALH2 but still can't register to the network - I think at this point this rules out this ota as the problem. I guess its possible my sim card went bad. Looks like a trip to Tmobile tomorrow.

Looks like its the imei :/
Check in settings/about/status and scroll down to imei

Reactions: synergymike

themadzionist

Aug 15, 2012
San Francisco, CA
does anyone know when the official JB is released for the t999?

Evertime i try to flash this thru CWM it says installation aborted. Im on uvlh2 stock/rooted. I had usb debugging on and it won't install. I think i might wait for the official release, just not sure when it's released. Thanks, Jake

Marshall2017

Mar 15, 2011
Westerville, Ohio
I keep getting this when ever I open nfc-enabled apps, it just started happening after I installed google wallet. Anyway to fix this?
uploadfromtaptalk1347162590586.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Last edited:

themadzionist

Aug 15, 2012
San Francisco, CA
thanks

You need stock galaxy s3 recovery, it won't flash on CWM

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks jgalan, I'm kinda new so do you think you could tell me how to do it please? I put the file on my internal sd. Do i have to move it to the external card since I'm using the stock recovery and do i rename it to something? And last question, do i factory reset, wipe cache and dalvick? Thanks alot, i reply appreciate it, Jake

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Thanks jgalan, I'm kinda new so do you think you could tell me how to do it please? I put the file on my internal sd. Do i have to move it to the external card since I'm using the stock recovery and do i rename it to something? And last question, do i factory reset, wipe cache and dalvick? Thanks alot, i reply appreciate it, Jake

You put it on the sd card, (I usually rename it update(use the stock Samsung file transfer it will make sure to have .zip at the end). Now that you have the ready go to recovery mode. There will be an option that says update from sd card(or something alike) it will let you choose the file (choose the one you rename) and it will take a few minutes, now the recovery you can wipe the phone to make sure everything works fine (remember is a leak and still have some small bugs) and your done, when the new update comes out you need to ge back to h2 or be rooted and wait for a rooted version, I believe they are two rooted versions of this rom in the developer section

Reactions: themadzionist

themadzionist

Aug 15, 2012
San Francisco, CA
worked

You put it on the sd card, (I usually rename it update(use the stock Samsung file transfer it will make sure to have .zip at the end). Now that you have the ready go to recovery mode. There will be an option that says update from sd card(or something alike) it will let you choose the file (choose the one you rename) and it will take a few minutes, now the recovery you can wipe the phone to make sure everything works fine (remember is a leak and still have some small bugs) and your done, when the new update comes out you need to ge back to h2 or be rooted and wait for a rooted version, I believe they are two rooted versions of this rom in the developer section

Thanks again for the quick reply, worked exactly how you said. I really appreciate the help.
Jake

redhooka

Jan 8, 2008
How to fix the Market

If your market doesn't work after flashing this update you need to boot into recovery and clear your cache then do a factory reset.

agtitan

Dec 26, 2010
I currently have CM10 nightly build installed on my SIII....how do I get this new ota leak onto my phone instead of CM10 nightly? I am new to this...

nicklas18

May 25, 2010
masshole
i went from stock to this rom and i think its working great. other than the gallery issue ( i tried to crop a photo and found out it has issues) otherwise, taking and viewing photos/videos works fine. my other issue is the audio. it sounds so tinny now compared to the previous stock build i had. any chance a beats audio port or some other better overlay? i've tried google music, the stock player, winamp, poweramp, and nothing seems to be as good quality. any suggestions?

everything else works great as a daily rom for me so far - sms w/attachements, instagram, skype, twitter, fb, camscanner, google now, maps, etc, etc...though i wish the yahoo fantasy football app covered all my teams...

Top Liked Posts