Jumping from ColorOS to CM11S

Search This thread

heyitsmik

Mar 14, 2012
Latest update. Courtesy of my bro at Hardwarezone forums.

Originally Posted by kzhijian:
Hello all brothers!
as some may know here, I've received my set from MRC and flashed CM11S on it (while retaining 64GB)

Here's the steps.
Download the flash image from http://d-h.st/qe5
Please prepare your tools of adb/flashtool as well.

Once done, do the following:
-Enable developer options
-Enable USB debugging

Open command prompt and access the adb/flashtool directory, run these command:
-adb reboot bootloader

Once in flashmode, run:
-fastboot oem unlock

At this point your phone will prompt you that phone data will be wiped, select confirm.

Go back to the phone and enable USB debugging again and reboot with adb:
-adb reboot bootloader

Now, here's the main flashing, ensure that the downloaded flash image are in the same directory as your adb/flashtool, then run the following commands:

-fastboot flash boot boot.img
-fastboot flash system system.img
-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
-fastboot flash cache cache.img
-fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
-fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
-fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
-fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
-fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
-fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
-fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin
-fastboot reboot

and tadah! Your phone is officially CM11S, congratulations!

[/B]

Last edited:

NinoDolce1

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks!

Big Thanks! I'm thinking of getting the Chinese version too but hate Color OS so this helps a lot. :good:

jlk_250

Mar 8, 2011
We all know that the Chinese market version with Color OS has different frequency bands than the International version with CM11S. Does anyone know for sure if the hardware itself is identical or different? That is, can you take a Chinese version and flash the radio from the International version and get the International frequency bands? I've seen people ask the question before and have seen a bunch of people claim they are physically different but never confirmation from someone who really knows (as opposed to parroting what others have said).

I'm not going to buy the Chinese version but I'm curious about it.

edit: I see someone has asked this exact same question on this forum without getting an answer.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771779

Last edited:

calvinux

May 3, 2011
We all know that the Chinese market version with Color OS has different frequency bands than the International version with CM11S. Does anyone know for sure if the hardware itself is identical or different? That is, can you take a Chinese version and flash the radio from the International version and get the International frequency bands? I've seen people ask the question before and have seen a bunch of people claim they are physically different but never confirmation from someone who really knows (as opposed to parroting what others have said).

I'm not going to buy the Chinese version but I'm curious about it.

edit: I see someone has asked this exact same question on this forum without getting an answer.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771779

from chinese website :
http://www.oneplus.cn/yijiashouji/spec

Norme de réseau

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
TD-SCDMA: 1800-1920 / 2010-2025
WCDMA *: 2100/1900/850/900
TD-LTE: 2570-2620 / 1880-1920 / 2300-2400
FDD-LTE *: 2100/1800/2600
* Two FDD-LTE and WCDMA network standard to use when need international roaming

Last edited:

nowhere_mn

Jun 5, 2014
Somebody do this ? It works ?

I want to buy an oneplus one with color os, and after to change with Cyanogen Mod 11s...

What advice would you give me? :)

Last edited:

antonior93

Feb 11, 2011
San Giovanni Rotondo
Are there any hardware differences between the chinese and european One?
If not, once i installed the CM11S on it, will it be supported (not talking about warranty) as an european one? Do you keep recieving CM updates?

Leicxan

Dec 21, 2011
Shanghai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Has anyone tested this yet? Does this work for the 64GB Chinese version of OnePlus One?

I flashed on my chinese one, 64G version, everything was fine.

Are there any hardware differences between the chinese and european One?
If not, once i installed the CM11S on it, will it be supported (not talking about warranty) as an european one? Do you keep recieving CM updates?

Flashed on CM11s on my chinese OPO ,but i'm not sure if it is support as an eurpoean one. Cuz my carrier is CMCC, i use TD-SCDMA&TD-LTE network.I saw someone in chinese OPO forum said the can use WCDMA network by hack modem.
About CM updates, it always say i'm one the latest one
sorry for my english

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

antonior93

Feb 11, 2011
San Giovanni Rotondo
I flashed on my chinese one, 64G version, everything was fine.

Flashed on CM11s on my chinese OPO ,but i'm not sure if it is support as an eurpoean one. Cuz my carrier is CMCC, i use TD-SCDMA&TD-LTE network.I saw someone in chinese OPO forum said the can use WCDMA network by hack modem.
About CM updates, it always say i'm one the latest one
sorry for my english

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mmmh ok.. Maybe it's better to wait :D thank you!

msalka1

Mar 1, 2011
Tampa
Worked

I can confirm this process does work. I was stuck at the boot animation so I installed TWRP and performed a factory data reset and voila. When I typed adb oem unlock I did not get the wipe message. I suppose however I will never get LTE to work on ATT due to the frequency differences. I do get 3g/hspa+ which is OK.

MYFW

Oct 3, 2013
with that, can i install CM 11S on my 16Gb chinese Oneplus (with color os)?

Thanks

Last edited:

jalmass

Jun 27, 2012
Guys
I'm new to this
I got a chinese 16GB Color OS OnePlus

how do I do these ? i didn't understand the adb steps

markfaulks

Jun 12, 2014
Me too.

Guys
I'm new to this
I got a chinese 16GB Color OS OnePlus

how do I do these ? i didn't understand the adb steps

I'm also new, have no idea what any of that means. I video tutorial would be amazing but clearer instructions for some of the lesser informed such as myself would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Really want to get Cyanogen, not a fan of Color OS at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest update. Courtesy of my bro at Hardwarezone forums.

Originally Posted by kzhijian:
    Hello all brothers!
    as some may know here, I've received my set from MRC and flashed CM11S on it (while retaining 64GB)

Here's the steps.
    Download the flash image from http://d-h.st/qe5
    Please prepare your tools of adb/flashtool as well.

Once done, do the following:
    -Enable developer options
    -Enable USB debugging

Open command prompt and access the adb/flashtool directory, run these command:
    -adb reboot bootloader

Once in flashmode, run:
    -fastboot oem unlock

At this point your phone will prompt you that phone data will be wiped, select confirm.

Go back to the phone and enable USB debugging again and reboot with adb:
    -adb reboot bootloader

Now, here's the main flashing, ensure that the downloaded flash image are in the same directory as your adb/flashtool, then run the following commands:

-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    -fastboot flash system system.img
    -fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    -fastboot flash cache cache.img
    -fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    -fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
    -fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
    -fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    -fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
    -fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
    -fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin
    -fastboot reboot

and tadah! Your phone is officially CM11S, congratulations!

[/B]
    It helped a little bit but the new problem has came immediately ( metalcoreshop.cz/upload/files/screenshot.414.jpg ). I don't understand why is there written that device is offline because it is nonsense -> I can access phone storage in the computer ( metalcoreshop.cz/upload/files/screenshot.416.jpg ).

Any other idea? Thank you

Try the following:
    - Restart the phone
    - Updating adb
    - Use different USB ports/cables

Edit: You don't really need to use adb here, as long as fastboot connection is working. Turn the phone off then hold power + volume up. The phone should enter fastboot mode. Then from your command prompt run "fastboot devices". It will display your devices serial number if it's working properly. If it does, you should be able to continue with the fastboot commands listed in the OP without any problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
    worked!

hey guys,

Just to inform you my leap from colorOS to CM11s worked!

I have a 64gb white OPO china import, and what i did was taking the original rom
    "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip" and renamed it "Update.zip" than stuck it into phones storage root folder!

powered off > then reboot while holding power and volume down to enter stock recovery..then update from SD and selected the Update.zip..

let it run the process and afterwards> first cleared cache and user data before reboot> rebooted and oila!!

full stock cm11s rom and all 64gb are available..not sure on 4g LTE as i don't got that in my contract!

Feel free to try, but don't blame me! its your own risk!
    but i bed since i didn't do any crazy stuff to it , its the safest way!? not sure how to go back to ColorOS again, but to me that's completely unnecessary ..

goodluck!
    Has anyone tried this?

Mine is on the way and this sounds like a far better solution.

here you go: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/01/how-to-insall-cm11s-on-oneplus-one/
    thanks for the answer.

could you give the link for the thread. i could not find the thread related with my problem.

thnx again.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2879061