[Rom][32A][6.35] CM-6.1.0 - FroyoRider v2.1 (23-Oct-2010)

Search This thread
G

GuestK00288

...aka A Lean Mean Feeyo Machine :eek:

This is a Froyo 2.2 rom based on CM-6.1.0-RC0-DS modded by Feeyo specifically for the 32a Magic 6.35 radio.

The default kernel min and max are set at 264Mhz min and 537 MHz max. You can use SetCPU to change the scaling; the scaling range is currently 245-576MHz MHz. Copy this setcpu.txt file to your sdcard and install SetCPU.apk to read config settings for CPU speeds from the setcpu.txt file.

Google Apps have been pulled from the rom. Download from the link below and flash them if desired over the rom.

I recommend doing a full wipe before flashing v2.1. However, flashing v2.1 over previous versions should not harm your phone.
Flash Gapps (Google Apps) afterwards if desired.
Always do a full wipe and a Nand restore or clean install if you have problems.

If you like the rom, give it a star rating ;)

Download the ROM:
FroyoRider_FeeyoCM61_6.35_34_v2.1.zip
MD5sum 4dc42d405b01a00ac795338531539210
mirrors

Download Gapps (Google Apps):

gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip
MD5sum eccfcde848e0cd74e40223b029171f2d
mirrors

gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip
MD5sum bf7b653a4320dc33b15ad945a41cd56c
mirrors

The difference between the two versions of gapps is shown here.

Not Working Features:

-Problems with stock camera.apk
-Use anCorder(beta) and ToyCam from Market for video recording and camera

Working Features:

-Kernel choices:
--652 MHz OC .34 kernel by carz12 and Switch33
--Sanpei .32 576MHz kernel
-Multi-language support
-JIT
-wifi
-GPS
-Bluetooth
-Apps2sd
-Swap
-AOSP launcher
-Camera
-Youtube (3G & wifi)
-3D Gallery
-Bootanimation
-Google voice search
-Facebook sync
-Astro file manager
-AutoKiller
-Bookmark backup/restore
-Brut maps
-Spareparts
-Superuser / root
-TasKiller
-Twitter

Instructions:

This rom is for the 32A Magic / Sapphire.
You need the new radio 6.35.10.18 or 6.35.16.19, SPL 1.76.2007 and recovery-RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.6.2 or recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img or recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H.img.
It might work on with other recovery images, but I have not tested them.
If you do not know how to change your radio, SPL and recovery, click here at Cursor's post.

Install ROM:

1. Download the ROM
2. Save the ROM (rom_name.zip) file to sd card
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Wipe Dalvik-cache
5. Wipe SD:ext partition
6. Flash ROM
7. Download Gapps and flash if you want Google Apps
8. Boot

We are not responsible if you brick your phone. Nand backups are your friend :)

CREDITS:
....Feeyo for his improvements to the .34 kernel, for tweaking the CM6 rom build for the 32a Magic 6.35, and for getting the camera to work CronosProject - Feeyo's Home
....Switch33 and Capychimp for helping to put together this rom
....dferreira for his awesome tutorial
....Sanpei for his work on the .32 OC 576MHz kernel and his technical contributions
....carz12 for his work on the .34 kernel
....Cyanogenmod Team whose work we're using and benefiting from here
....lefeudedieu, Chef du Cordon Bleu
....[KITCHEN] Basic ROM kitchen for aspiring Magic cooks by dsixda

Last edited:
G

GuestK00288

Change Log

I recommend doing a full wipe before flashing v2.1. However, flashing v2.1 over previous versions should not harm your phone.
Flash Gapps (Google Apps) afterwards if desired.
Always do a full wipe and a Nand restore or clean install if you have problems.

v2.1 (FroyoRider - CM-6.1.0-RC0-DS base - nightly build 14-Oct-2010):
FroyoRider_FeeyoCM61_6.35_34_v2.1.zip
MD5sum 4dc42d405b01a00ac795338531539210
mirrors

-Updated CM-6.1.0-RC0-DS build
-ROM build (source link) modified by Feeyo specifically for 32a Magic 6.35 radio
-New Feeyo 2.6.34.2-Cronos kernel compile for 32a Magic 6.35 radio (source link) (default 264Mhz min, 537 MHz max for stability and speed)
-Updated Gapps
-Updated to latest LauncherPro-0.8.1.1.apk
-Camera is working with ToyCam app except for highest resolution, download from Market
-Camcorder is working with anCorder(beta), download from Market
-Some other updates

v2.0 (FroyoRider - CM-6.1.0-RC0-DS base - nightly build 17-Sept-2010):
FroyoRider_Feeyo_6.35_34_v2.0.zip
MD5sum 4BDDA5C6BFA3001757EB8D2B3555D4CA
mirrors

-Updated to CM-6.1.0-RC0-DS build
-ROM build (source link) modified by Feeyo specifically for 32a Magic 6.35 radio
-New Feeyo 2.6.34.2-Cronos kernel compile for 32a Magic 6.35 radio (source link) (default 264Mhz min, 537 MHz max for stability and speed)
-Updated Gapps
-Updated to latest LauncherPro-0.7.8.1
-Camera is working with Camera Magic app but it's still a little buggy
-Camcorder is still not working
-Tethering and portable hotspot
-Some other updates

v1.1 (FroyoRider - CM6-6.0.0 base - nightly build 02-Sept-2010):
FroyoRider_Switch_6.35_34_v1.1.zip
MD5sum 93317BA2349325BE684F3F92D7B2B29A
mirrors

-Updated to CM6-6.0.0
-Latest Switch33 kernel compile (2.6.34.2-1.4)
-Updated Gapps
-Updated LauncherPro-0.7.7.2

FroyoRider_Sanpei_6.35_32_v1.1.zip
MD5sum 2114999A862926785EFC4F005AD9722E
mirrors

-Updated to CM6-6.0.0
-Sanpei .32 576MHz kernel
-Updated Gapps
-Updated LauncherPro-0.7.7.2

v1.0 (FroyoRider - CM6-RC3 base - nightly build 22-Aug-2010):
FroyoRider_Switch_6.35_34_v1.0.zip
MD5sum 9524F43A2087A0B03537A47347FA8884
mirrors

-Updated to CM6-RC3
-Pulled out Gapps (flash over rom for Google Apps)
-New kernel compile (2.6.34.2)
-Changed the default CPU scaling governor to interactive

FroyoRider_Sanpei_6.35_32_v1.0.zip
MD5sum 5EE8FE2AA6F78F818C9492B9EE9CA955
mirrors

-Updated to CM6-RC3
-Pulled out Gapps (flash over rom for Google Apps)
-Sanpei .32 576MHz kernel

Utilities

If you can't see the enhanced in-call and answer screens, read this post on Cytown's Phone.apk.

If you're having GPS issues outside North America, flash Capychimp's gps patches from capyslide here (scroll down to bottom of post).

Last edited:

raymar23

Oct 7, 2009
Moncton, NB
Testing

Seems kinda cool with the new launcher and builtin tethering (eventhough wifi is broke ATM) so works ok for testing

The App Switcher in this is AWESOME

Thanks OP

Last edited:

insanecon

Mar 12, 2008
There is a new release on android spin with a 32a version.

It says it works on MT3G 1.2, I assume that is 3.22?

Will it work on an old 32A with 6.35?

ZeaDK

Oct 27, 2009
Videbæk
Would it work on my Magic.

Check signature for info on radio and spl.

Please come with a perfect answer, I'm dying to try it out

RedKnights

May 13, 2010
Have someone can share porting of magic rom from gaint_rider provide Froyo roms by 2 different devs porting from Desire?
I will test but can't how to set the magic port!

ATeam-MrT

Dec 22, 2009
Kärnten
I have tested this ROM for a day now, many things for porting it to the new radio to giant_rider.

If it could at least ring I would definitly keep it a bit longer...

What I liked is...
...the new look / features of the launcher, really nice.
...I could manage to activate vibrations, which is at least better than nothing.
...Notification LED is working for missed calls, charging
...3G data worked out of the box
...USB Connection to PC (Win7) worked fine
...All the direct access options during a call like muting, BT, keypad etc, looks very nice

Speed? Nothing special, I feel CapySlide 1.7.2 pre is still faster (thx to Capychimp, this is still my daily rom). Could it be that due to the fact that this port uses Sanpeis .33 kernel things like JIT and other performance enhancements are not active? Linpack scores only around 2 MFLOPS on my 32A, so I'm a bit disappointed, I at least expected it to be noticable better than the older versions of android

Battery? I can't tell, as BT, Wifi, GPS, Music is not working it is hard to drain the battery ;-) The battery usage statistic is definitly better and more detailed compared to 2.1 with Sense

Live Wallpapers keep FCs...

What I still miss on 2.2 (beside the hardware that is not yet working):
- A better phone app with speed and smart dial like the one from Sense
- HTC IME

The final conclusio is that it this version of Froyo looks promising, but at least due to missing audio (headset doesnt work either) and wifi it is not yet ready to become my daily rom.

@giant_rider: please keep up porting new Froyo versions to the new radio, or at least post the necessary steps that I could do it on my own

G

GuestK00288

Thanks for the full report.

I plan on porting updated versions of 2.2 from the source or from the devs working on it for the G1.

I also plan on updating the kernel version from the .32 kernel to the .34 kernel when carz12 is done. I read elsewhere (maybe on one of the twitter accounts from the devs working on 2.2 for the G1) that the camera and video get fixed automatically when using the .34 kernel. If we're lucky, carz12work on the .34 kernel will also pay off with working wifi and GPS. Of course, all of the credit will go to those guys and not me who will simply apply the kernel update to the rom and a few other fixes.

One these basics are covered, we can then look into jit, oc, uv, etc. In the meantime I'm personally not into trying to solve problems that other devs are already looking into. I prefer to wait a few days for fixes from the G1 devs and carz12.

If we're lucky 2.2 will soon be good enough for a daily rom. I like the simple AOSP ui so it will be better for me than you as is :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the setup acts weird for me too either fc or redo some steps but once your done with it, it's over lol
    some questions:
    do somebody think that would be possible to put the dialer of the roger release (the one with t9 search) and a perfect working camera on this rom?? (my camera works only for two photo, and after i must restart to use it again.. :( )
    with these things this rom would be perfect!!
    thanks

I am using Camera Magic and if I take a picture and exit the application, starting it up again, then I don't have any problems. A bit of a workaround, but it works.
    I still hope that we will get a fully functional camera before the ROM dies out. I am NOT getting a phone yet. This ROM gave my phone a life to live!
    Hi guys,

I just flashed this ROM, because I want 2.2 and need to be on the 6.35 radio, or else rogers will disable my 3g.

Question: What kind of battery life should I expect? I just charged overnight, and got 4 hours of STANDBY (i.e. not using the phone AT ALL...). What is going on here?

There is an issue with airplane mode, it can drain the battery.
    Do you have a lot of apps running?
    Look some pages back(no clue how many), there is discussions about this issue or search for battery drain.
    Happy hunting.
    There is an issue with airplane mode, it can drain the battery.
    Do you have a lot of apps running?
    Look some pages back(no clue how many), there is discussions about this issue or search for battery drain.
    Happy hunting.

I browsed some forums and everything indicated a bug with the mail app continuously polling upon network deactivation. If you have push only enabled on exchange, its not a problem, but anything such as POP3, imap, etc. will drain it in that mode. I removed my pop account, kept exchange push for corporate account (push only, no polling) and started using the yahoo app instead of pop using main mail account (as my provider uses yahoo for their mail) and now I don't get the drain in airplane mode. What sucks about the yahoo app most is it doesn't autostart (kinda sucks in general, but its not a primary account so I don't care) :(

Cheers.
    can anyone attach EU_GPS for this rom? I tried to find but without success

Here you go:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8070808&postcount=144