[PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC)

Search This thread

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Credits:
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox.

For the following models:
GT-I9000
Captivate SHG-I897
Vibrant SGH-959
GT-I9000M
Epic SPH-D700 (Untested but should work like other phones. Post with your results. This is harmless it will either work or it wont. It copies over 3 files to your existing build.)​

Rooting adds the following to your system and unrooting removes them:
/system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
/system/xbin/su
/system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

More will follow as they are released. PM me to add your Galaxy S Model.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

PC Instructions:

galaxysoneclickrootallm.jpg

Download the app: GalaxyS_One-Click_Root_All_Models-PC. Or down Below.

Watch the video for the full procedure on The Unlockr.
Video/Procedure Link Click Here

Requirements: Install Link: Dot Net Framework version 4

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Mac Instructions:

oneclickmac.jpg

Download the app: OneClickRootMac. Or Down Below.

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

4. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

=====================================================================

Done! You are rooted.

Un-Rooting Instructions:
To Un-Root follow the same instructions except click on the Un-root button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to un-root as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock un-root all you want otherwise what is the point of un-rooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:

Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
  2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..

Attachments

• GalaxyS_One-Click_Root_All_Models-PC.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 23,676
  • OneClickRootMac.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,469
Last edited:
Reactions: Holeblocker

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
the simplest root just got simpler

So is this actually faster? Or just "easier" not to mess up...

sounds like more work than just DLing, moving, and renaming with your phone... expecially for those without a comp...

anyway, this method has been added to the sticky in dev section..

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
So is this actually faster? Or just "easier" not to mess up...

sounds like more work than just DLing, moving, and renaming with your phone... expecially for those without a comp...

anyway, this method has been added to the sticky in dev section..

I'd say its easier to not mess up. Faster for sure, if you already have the drivers installed.

This is for our newer brethren or anyone else that want a straight forward root method. And for those having trouble entering recovery from the button presses. ADB is bundled in the rar file so you don't need Android SDK.

Another thing that will help most is when I add unroot to the app which I should have completed tomorrow.

Doon2 asked for it, so here it is.

Last edited:

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
I appreciate the effort and skill...

BUT, how is this easier than downloading a file directly to your phone, renaming it and putting it at the root of your sd card and going to recovery?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I appreciate the effort and skill...

BUT, how is this easier than downloading a file directly to your phone, renaming it and putting it at the root of your sd card and going to recovery?

Good question because that is what I do. Just an alternative method. The upcoming unroot will probably be more helpful to some.

But this method will help some for sure. It will download it to your phone for ya and put you in recovery. Well most of the other phones have it so why not ours.

Someone made the request and here it is. I will also be adding other tweaks to the app over time and useful info after rooting to this thread.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

blkbltwrestler

Jul 24, 2010
Good question because that is what I do. Just an alternative method. The upcoming unroot will probably be more helpful to some.

But this method will help some for sure. It will download it to your phone for ya and put you in recovery. Well all most of the other phones have it so why not ours.

Someone made the request and here it is. I will also be adding other tweaks to the app over time and useful info after rooting to this thread.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

this

I am stoked that someone would take the time to make this program. I dont have immediate access to a PC(I use a mac) but an easy unroot program clinches the decision to root my phone. thank you for taking the time to make this much props

jganyard

Sep 21, 2006
Wish I had seen this a few hours ago! Just spent 30mins trying to get the button presses right to get into recovery mode before I finally got it.

Mr_Tricorder

Oct 17, 2009
College Station, TX
Wish I had seen this a few hours ago! Just spent 30mins trying to get the button presses right to get into recovery mode before I finally got it.

I know what you mean. I'm still used to holding down the buttons until the recovery screen pops up like on my G1. On the Vibrant, I have to remind myself to let go of the buttons as soon as the "Vibrant" screen comes up.

Yes, the overall process involved to use this program is longer, involves more steps, and, therefore, easier to screw up. Also, the fact that you have to download more than one file increases the chances of messing something up because of the possibility of corrupted files. Also, the "flash in recovery" method is OS agnostic, and technically doesn't even require a computer since you can download and rename the zip file right on your phone if you want to. Still, it's very easy to follow and would appeal to those who are new to rooting and don't feel comfortable with booting into recovery mode.

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Updated the app to include unroot. Created a new update.zip file that will remove root. Also fixed the CMD shell launching minimized.

Last edited:

davbran

Jan 9, 2010

Why fuss with button pushes, just enable debugging, plug in your phone, open a command prompt and type the following

Code:
adb reboot recovery

It's easier than messing with those buttons I assure you. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't seem to work with the GT-I9000T model. It's on 2.1 update 1. I don't get the reinstall packages option.
    Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Credits:
    LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
    gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox.

For the following models:
    GT-I9000
    Captivate SHG-I897
    Vibrant SGH-959
    GT-I9000M
    Epic SPH-D700 (Untested but should work like other phones. Post with your results. This is harmless it will either work or it wont. It copies over 3 files to your existing build.)​

Rooting adds the following to your system and unrooting removes them:
    /system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
    and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

More will follow as they are released. PM me to add your Galaxy S Model.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

PC Instructions:

galaxysoneclickrootallm.jpg

Download the app: GalaxyS_One-Click_Root_All_Models-PC. Or down Below.

Watch the video for the full procedure on The Unlockr.
    Video/Procedure Link Click Here

Requirements: Install Link: Dot Net Framework version 4

Rooting Instructions:

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Mac Instructions:

oneclickmac.jpg

Download the app: OneClickRootMac. Or Down Below.

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

4. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

Done! You are rooted.

Un-Rooting Instructions:
    To Un-Root follow the same instructions except click on the Un-root button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to un-root as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock un-root all you want otherwise what is the point of un-rooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:

Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
    2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..