Download Mode Help

Search This thread

yongwoot

Nov 26, 2010
ive been trying the 3 buttin method but it wont work. cant do a force program either cause a million force close pop ups show up. pleas eheklp. tried to search but the engine is down pleaseeee and ty

Duce HD2

Apr 2, 2010
UT
ive been trying the 3 buttin method but it wont work. cant do a force program either cause a million force close pop ups show up. pleas eheklp. tried to search but the engine is down pleaseeee and ty

You said you tried the hardware button method right? Which is:

-Pull battery out
-Hold down Vol UP & Vol DOWN simultaneously
-Turn ODIN on, Plug USB cable into device
-While holding volumes down and plugged in, insert battery...
-"Should" go into download mode.....if not, you might need a jig to get it there.

Reactions: yongwoot

Drewstein

Sep 5, 2010
Az
www.notoriousmotors.com
i'll try this. but just in case. what is this jig method?
Here's the JIG method LINK

But download mode is different than recovery mode which your post seems to describe what you're trying to do.

Download should be accessed with Odin open while holding the vol +- connect the usb to the phone while it's off.

Recovery is booting the phone while holding the vol +- and power buttons.

web_ninja

Mar 25, 2010
Fort Smith
or download a terminal emulator and key in reboot download. or use Odin and key in adb reboot download. those work for me also.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
may i aks how you did what you just said please lol. thanks

He's saying you use ADB, Android Debug Bridge, i, personally have NEVER used this on my computer, just a emulator on my phone it self, but it acts as your core processor which sends out instructions, in ADB you can say "Reboot Download" and the phone will turn it self off, and go into download.

If someone else can add-on to this, and link to how to GET ADB on your computer it'd be nice, since i don't know much about ADB either, but i know it involves the SDK.

Edit: google'd adb and here is the result... http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

Beniuec

Sep 29, 2010
If you are just trying to get it to download mode download terminal emulator from market then open it up type su then hit enter when superuser pops up hit allow then type reboot download then hit enter should reboot you to download mode

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Dec 19, 2010
Colorado
I did the exact same thing .. maybe worse to your phone to mine the other day .. the only way i could get to download mode was by holding music +- and the usb trick .. I am way new to this and there is a youtube if youre as bad as i am ... search youtube for "Flashing Firmware with Odin on Samsung Vibrant" ..download the current odin version and it took me two minutes to undo everything i goofed .. hope that helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You said you tried the hardware button method right? Which is:

-Pull battery out
    -Hold down Vol UP & Vol DOWN simultaneously
    -Turn ODIN on, Plug USB cable into device
    -While holding volumes down and plugged in, insert battery...
    -"Should" go into download mode.....if not, you might need a jig to get it there.
    i'll try this. but just in case. what is this jig method?
    Here's the JIG method LINK

But download mode is different than recovery mode which your post seems to describe what you're trying to do.

Download should be accessed with Odin open while holding the vol +- connect the usb to the phone while it's off.

Recovery is booting the phone while holding the vol +- and power buttons.