FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][P768]All in 1 Guide for Custom Firmware + Custom Recovery + Rooting.

690 posts
Thanks Meter: 153
 
By donk165, Senior Member on 7th June 2013, 08:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2013, 01:57 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelus

alternatively to unlock the bootloader one with rooted jb stock could
install artas182x recovery
make nandroid backup,
flash &root* p760 euro kdz ,
unlock the bootloader,
then either fastboot or dd cwm recovery ,
restore nandroid backup, and
remove artas182x recover


*optional for dd

Thanks lelus, ive added backup tips into the guide.

We have some unconfirmed good news - a new dev might be doing some magic for us P768 users. ETA is July. Sit tight guys!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42428133

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to donk165 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donk165 Ad-Free
 
 
13th June 2013, 07:16 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165

Thanks lelus, ive added backup tips into the guide.

We have some unconfirmed good news - a new dev might be doing some magic for us P768 users. ETA is July. Sit tight guys!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42428133

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

annoying msg popup "gallery stop" fixed in 2013-06-12 build..

22nd June 2013, 12:04 AM |#13  
Member
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Im getting security error when trying to acces cmw. Im trying to install it in V20A_00.kdz from telcel. as soon as i flash the recovery and try to boot into recovery (tried with key combination and through console) the phone enters in security error.
26th June 2013, 06:28 PM |#14  
viktorfk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
My phone just reboots normally when I type "adb reboot oem-unlock"
26th June 2013, 07:22 PM |#15  
Gh0sT.RPG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
I have tried unlocking bootloader on many stock jb roms. I was successful only on v20A Indian for p765. I tried v20C, B, D, wen I pass "adb reboot oem-unlock " phone just reboots. This is cos bootloader is unlockable on those factory roms. This is from my experience correct me if am wrong.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app
6th July 2013, 01:57 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
For me too the link to the recovery files is dead.

Everything else worked OK, so far.

But now I'm stucked at "Flash recovery" part.

Can you email me? ([email protected])

Great work!

Thanks in advance.

- UPDATE -

I've found the files in this chinese forum,

And now it's all working!

Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to H_Bler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H_Bler Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 12:20 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't paid much attention to the L9 forums since I've had my Nexus 7.

Wow! I'm surprised this guide has made it over to a chinese forum, I hope the translation hasn't caused people to brick their phones! :P

If people cant access the adb/recoveries package, It only contains a folder with necessary files for adb/fastboot - this can be acquired by using android SDK. The recovery images are taken from the ROM Manager site for the P760. I just made a rar to make the guide a bit easier.

Edit: The P760 V20C KDZ also lets you unlock bootloader, if you cannot find V20B anymore, use V20C instead.
14th July 2013, 04:46 AM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
and till no rom for p768 . have a disappointment for lg, too many variants
21st July 2013, 07:57 PM |#19  
iLMagno's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Worked
This worked for me on LG778 version, I have unlocked bootloader now, had to do an extra step which was flashing the V10A_00 Europe open first.

1) Flashed V10A_00 Europe Open with offline flashing method, then did a factory reset.
2) Flashed V20B_00 Europe Open with offline flashing method.
3) Left the phone connected in LG Software mode with usb debugging, wifi and signal for 20m then run "adb reboot oem-unlock".

It booted in fastboot mode and asked me if I want to unlock the bootloader, then I follow the rest of step of the guide (The firmware I flashed back was Argentina Claro V20A_01)

Will check now if I can get CM10.1 installed
The Following User Says Thank You to iLMagno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iLMagno Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 01:59 PM |#20  
Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLMagno

This worked for me on LG778 version, I have unlocked bootloader now, had to do an extra step which was flashing the V10A_00 Europe open first.

1) Flashed V10A_00 Europe Open with offline flashing method, then did a factory reset.
2) Flashed V20B_00 Europe Open with offline flashing method.
3) Left the phone connected in LG Software mode with usb debugging, wifi and signal for 20m then run "adb reboot oem-unlock".

It booted in fastboot mode and asked me if I want to unlock the bootloader, then I follow the rest of step of the guide (The firmware I flashed back was Argentina Claro V20A_01)

Will check now if I can get CM10.1 installed

Hello, can you tell me step by step how did you get it working?

Trad: Me podes decri paso a paso como hiciste? Tengo un 778 de Personal Argentina con JB V20a (Estoy interesado en CM 10.1 tb)
23rd July 2013, 05:27 PM |#21  
iLMagno's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Follow the steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by imarmand

Hello, can you tell me step by step how did you get it working?

Trad: Me podes decri paso a paso como hiciste? Tengo un 778 de Personal Argentina con JB V20a (Estoy interesado en CM 10.1 tb)

I wrote them above, just follow the guide on the first page but first flash the V10A Europe Open KDZ.

I have compiled CM10.1, camera is working but the sound is a little glitchi and wireless is not stable, need to do some more test when I have time
The Following User Says Thank You to iLMagno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iLMagno Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes