Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

Genaugmen

Oct 27, 2008
tmobile sim connecting to att&t

I have HW c. Couldn't get this working then all of the sudden I showed a signal. Only problem, I'm connecting to att network with a tmobile sim!? It says i'm roaming though.

Hmmm, The phone sees att network without sim too, but only connects when i have my tmobile sim in. Here's the stranger part, i can make outgoing calls and my tmobile number shows up on the recipients caller id. But if someone calls my number the call just disconnects. No ringing, or message, the call just ends a few seconds after they hit the call button.

Anyone have an idea why this phone will only see att network and no others (sim in or out)?

Last edited:

koukobin

Dec 12, 2009
Arlington, VA
I have HW c. Couldn't get this working then all of the sudden I showed a signal. Only problem, I'm connecting to att network with a tmobile sim!? It says i'm roaming though.

Hmmm, The phone sees att network without sim too, but only connects when i have my tmobile sim in. Here's the stranger part, i can make outgoing calls and my tmobile number shows up on the recipients caller id. But if someone calls my number the call just disconnects. No ringing, or message, the call just ends a few seconds after they hit the call button.

Anyone have an idea why this phone will only see att network and no others (sim in or out)?
I own one HW A and one HW C device. Both of them are connecting just fine to AT&T and i have 3G data connection with both of them but signal does not appear to be very good (although i have tried changing several thing into build.prop). I am getting 2-3 (and rarely 4 bars - maximum is five) BUT i never have problem with dropping calls or something.

I noticed the following: When i am using my HW A device and i switch to 2G only, the signal goes FULL but of course i have only EDGE data connection in this case.
When i do the same with the HW C device, i don't get signal at all. So i believe its very possible that HW C works only with AT&T and not T-mobile (unless your Bionic can get 3G with T-mobile in your area).

Vertedtwylight

Feb 15, 2013
WOW

Greetings Everyone...I am theANDROIDosX...and here is my guide to using SMS, MMS, Data on ICS leaks, using GSM!

Step 1. Unroot Device and Update to the .232 ICS leak.

Step 2. Once updated, Reroot device!

Step 3. Install Root Explorer and push the attached Build.prop (AFTER EXTRACTING) to /system! Remember to set permissions RW-R-R!!!!

Step 4. Delete STK.apk and STK.Odex from /system/app!

Step 5. Power Off device and enter stock recovery + Factory reset + reboot!

Step 6. Allow device to reboot.

Step 7. Open Radiocomm and perform the NV edit posted on PAGE 2!

Step 8. Power off device + place GSM SIM into device + reboot!

Step 9. Voila! Go to Settings>>More>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names.... Verify APN is correct, if not, correct it or create new APN for your carrier! It always helps to add MMS in APN type, when creating new APNs!

Lets defeat the Carrier Locking BASTARDS !!!! MUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

1st time posting on a forum. WHERE DO YOU LIVE BECAUSE I WANT TO SUCK YOUR FAAAACEE!!!!! omg... After spending well over 24 hours troubleshooting this ****... I finally got the latest ICS working on att... from not plugging my usb cord into my 2.0 port to wasting hours downloading unneeded files. .50 mbps connection _-_. If anyone needs help i will help them out. THANK YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :cool: <--- me

Vertedtwylight

Feb 15, 2013
Ok i retract that... It worked for about 10 minutes and after reboot NOTHING?!?! i did the *#*#6436*#*# and changed to gsm and it got signal for a minute. Only step i've skipped is the TBH_Band_Unlock_2.0.zip and i've tried that and it gives me an error. Do i need to set to stock rom ???? then unlock band?

Genaugmen

Oct 27, 2008
HW C and using Tmobile account, but...

Well, I had gotten tired of trying to get my tmobile sim working on this phone as it seemed no one with HW C was having any luck. So I look into flashing it over to cricket. Ran into a problem with ppp settings reverting back to mdn@vzw3g.com. So after spending all night not getting anywhere with the cricket route I stuck my tmobile sim back into the phone. Well, as I mentioned a few posts back, my phone would say it was connected to att (roaming) with the tmobile sim inserted. I was even able to make calls and I don't have an account with att. When I booted up and changed back to wcdma preferred I again connect to att (roaming), at least according to the phone, but when I dial 611, low and behold I hear the familiar tmobile jingle. Tried to make a call like before and I get the message telling me I need to add funds to my account, which I do, daily plan funds ran out two days ago. Who knows what made things work differently now. My question going forward is how do I get off this roaming connection and actually connect to tmobile?

By the way, i just got 8900 txt from tmobile about my balance being low.

Going to try a factory reset and see what happens (maybe). Scared of moving backwards.

Well i had my phone sitting for maybe 20 mins and when I looked at it I was no longer connected to att, but to a new network referred to only as unknown. I had three solid bars on this new unknown network. But i tried to change to wcdma preferred and haven't been able to connect to it again. BUT, if you go into wireless networks\mobile networks\select network- 2g only, and then go into network operators and search networks tmobile pops right up. Couldn't connect though. I have a orange triangle notification now, even after rebooting, that shows tmobile network but says...

No Service
Selected network (T-Mobile) unavailable

Last edited:

Genaugmen

Oct 27, 2008
Half way there...

I've got steady talk and txt, but I'm still roaming on at&t. Does anyone else see the carrier name when checking there sim info? I've tried looking at mine with several apps and while the carrier id for tmobile is there (310-260), the carrier name is blank. Can you write this info on to the sim, or fake it to make whatever the phone recognize the sim as a tmobile sim?

xrelic

May 8, 2010
hey guys does anyone know if its only works on the leaked 232 ics? or does it work on latest version i am about to try this ty for you time in putting this thread together

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
You need the phone to be on a verizon account in good standing for 90 days for them to give you the code. Otherwise try some sim unlock services on the web.

This is completely off topic to this thread. The Bionic is not sim locked like the d4.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The Droid 4 is not SIM locked either and works out of the box on international GSM networks, without any modifications.

It does not work on US domestic GSM carriers due to a block on the MCC/MNC pairs for those networks.

moonlightinwhite

Sep 7, 2012
Can I get a quick run-down of how to make the Bionic work on AT&T or T-Mobile?

I realize that the answer is probably in this thread...but it's a long thread and filled with a lot of "this didn't work for me" and those responses are from months ago. I was hoping that someone might be kind enough to give me a quick here's-how-you-do-it for someone with a clean Bionic that is currently on the Verizon network, running Eclipse ICS 1.2.1.

If I'm just being lazy, tell me. In other threads that I'm active in, I like to give a recap every 10 pages or so, for those who came to the party late, so THEY don't have to read back through a short novel :p

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
I tried something normal. I am using the verizon 4g sim overseas with the phone in GSM roaming on vodafone. I get much better service than using my other sim that roams on T-Mobile EU. What I did was provision my line through "my verizon" for global services, did the band unlock and then set the phone to global mode from *#*#4636#*#* worked in London too. So basically, you can use the bionic like a standard vzw world phone no problem and keep your number. Fyi

guillaumehope

Jan 31, 2013
bootloader locked! only flash 246! 902 and 905 it is impossible to lower the firmware is locked bootloader.
*** Hold down both volume buttons up and down, Will you come in stock recovery next - wipe data and wipe cash.
should help you! If not, flash again the latest official firmware (battery must be charged at least 50%)

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

1.You have to flash TBH_Band_Unlock_2.0.zip from custom recovery (BionicBootstrap/Bionicsafescrap). not stock recovery.
choose Install zip from SD/internal card , not update zip
2. "The SIM card is from an unknown source" - this message no effect on the work phone! The Motorola RAZR same message, but it works fine with the GSM network (2G/3G)
3. Open the battery cover and look on the sticker:
HW A - should work with GSM/ 2G network
HW B - 50%/ 50% -work or not work
HW C - I am sure that will not work. possible exception.
should also be a week and year of release phone - e.g 35/11: only phones in 11 year work fine with 2G GSM network. I wrote what I know! maybe I could be wrong. ). Email me what version you HW and sorry for my english

Hi, thanks for ur self, i don't know why, but i haven't seen ur post before ><...
I want to try what are you talking, but my phone is actually 0battery >< i'm idiot yes.

So i have fount on the sticket "HW B" ... When i have buy this phone, it was unlocked ect ect, for work in France. but i was not able to update to the version 905 (i was on 902). :) he worked before, this was not fine "he we have E, G, 2G, 3G, H ... i see them on my droid 2, but on my droid bionic before, i never seen the H, and the 3g was poor has hell ... and the entire network data was bad >< slow to activate, slow to use ect ect.

i hope you found this thread, i don't know your email address, and i'm going to search how i can PM you.

So thanks for your help, i hope this work.

slashersnakepit

Jul 29, 2011
Bionic ics .246 GSM DATA

how to unlock gsm on 246 ics for the droid 4 plz help

Well i can say i'll do my best trying configurations but nothing yet. I just got voice but no data :(
Right now i'm trying Eclipse for .246 and modify NV, change to .bak those STK files and finally change parameters on Build.prop.
By the way be careful when you try to configure Build.prop because you can get a pretty nice error something like telephone process has stopped. If that is the case, you can try wipe cache or wipe data/factory reset and reboot the phone if that doesn't work, you must try to flash again your phone.

Please someone help us with data for this android version, i'm trying this for Mexico carriers.

Thanks!

korshak

Feb 20, 2012
Kiev
Hi, thanks for ur self, i don't know why, but i haven't seen ur post before ><...
I want to try what are you talking, but my phone is actually 0battery >< i'm idiot yes.

So i have fount on the sticket "HW B" ... When i have buy this phone, it was unlocked ect ect, for work in France. but i was not able to update to the version 905 (i was on 902). :) he worked before, this was not fine "he we have E, G, 2G, 3G, H ... i see them on my droid 2, but on my droid bionic before, i never seen the H, and the 3g was poor has hell ... and the entire network data was bad >< slow to activate, slow to use ect ect.

i hope you found this thread, i don't know your email address, and i'm going to search how i can PM you.

So thanks for your help, i hope this work.
Motorola Droid 2 global factory unlocked for use wordwide (E/2G/3G/H)
Motorola bionic locked hardware and software maybe...! Initially, this phone does not have to work with GSM network, but there were craftsmen who were able to break!
How may I help you? :) write, I will be happy to help you

Last edited:

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
You won't get data unless you program the correct apn for your carrier. I explained this around page 66.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.