Reformat Device A70H

Search This thread

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
i was trying to make full format and I made a mess...

i choose full reformat and i install SDE
boot into the AngStrom OS

i trying to Install android firmware 2.4.83
i choose "Update Firmware"
but
update failed

what should i do now?
somebody help please...

Last edited:

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Hi!

Try another cable or download again the firmware. Verify if it's the good version.

Tell us which tab you have :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
And try to learn how to use the search function of this forum, as we had this question and many answers allready.

for ex: did you make sure that the aos file has the correctg name?
Or maybee you could post the complete errorcode!

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
Sorry if there is another same thread

When I installed UrukDroid 1.6.4 update I got 2 problems..
1.when the device was in standby mode,the hard drive was working and I consumes the battery in a few hours.
2.I tried to install applications from the market but no luck because ''not be installed in space usb or sd card''

So I decided to do Reformat the Device...
I installed SDE
after I installed android firmware(bizcuite you had absolutely right buddy.i download again the firmware and everything is ok now.)
I installed the custom kernel + initramfs and then UrukDroid 1.6.
so far so good...

when I tried to install again UrukDroid 1.6.4 update the Device stuck (The screen and buttons didn't respond)...:(:mad:

now I reinstall again the SDE and android firmware
reinstall the custom kernel + initramfs
and reinstall the custom kernel + initramfs UrukDroid
i am trying to reinstall UrukDroid but the Device stuck in screen ''tranfer now installation file over usb and press power button once''
what should i do now?
i have a Archos A70H

sorry but my english is not very good

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
As stated here and in the dev part, stay away from uruk as long as you don't know what you are doing.
Uruk is still not ready for the harddrive version.

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
It wasn't meant to be hard on you.
Uruk is optimised for the sd version.
ATM it is installed on the harddrive and therefore it consumes alot more batterie and is not really as stable as on the A70S.
That's why you really have to know what you are doing.

And $auron has the Problem ATM that his device is broken, so the development is not as fast as before.

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
It wasn't meant to be hard on you.
Uruk is optimised for the sd version.
ATM it is installed on the harddrive and therefore it consumes alot more batterie and is not really as stable as on the A70S.
That's why you really have to know what you are doing.

And $auron has the Problem ATM that his device is broken, so the development is not as fast as before.

i understand...
have you any advice for my device???

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
Not ATM.

The problem is that the A70H is different to the A70S as the h only has 2gb of ssd and that is partitioned differently and as neither $auron nor divx118 have one to test it will probably not change in the near feature.

So atm the best thing you can do is chulri's root or live with the restrictions of UrukDroid.

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
Not ATM.

The problem is that the A70H is different to the A70S as the h only has 2gb of ssd and that is partitioned differently and as neither $auron nor divx118 have one to test it will probably not change in the near feature.

So atm the best thing you can do is chulri's root or live with the restrictions of UrukDroid.

I did chulri's root
(Install SDE , Install my android firmware , Install the custom kernel + initramfs)

but
when am in Developer Edition the device stuck and the screen does not respond:(

only in android edition the device works normally...but I have not superuser options...:(:(

Dyverse

Feb 1, 2012
I have same device, im running uruk 1.6.3 boot with .2 init everything runs smoothly but i also upgraded from 1.6.2 so maybe try an upgrade from there, i will try 1.6.4 though and let you know how it goes

Edit: ive upgraded to 1.6.4 and everything is running smooth, i had one bad startup where touchscreen was not at all responsive, a reboot in recovery an fix permission and clearin dalv cache and its now been a few days with no (unknown) force close, just a couple of my own doing lol
Sent from my A70H using XDA

Last edited:

Dyverse

Feb 1, 2012
When my device is in sleep mode or standby my hdd doesnt spin an cause any abnormal drain.. yesterday i was out for 12 hours in he sun skateboardin and hiking with music on and/or in standby.. i had 67% batt left when i came home :)

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
When my device is in sleep mode or standby my hdd doesnt spin an cause any abnormal drain.. yesterday i was out for 12 hours in he sun skateboardin and hiking with music on and/or in standby.. i had 67% batt left when i came home :)

:eek::eek:
How is that possible????
with 1.6.4 ???

Dyverse

Feb 1, 2012
It shows a lower % at times then actual voltage drain of battery, if you deep sleep it an wake up the % will jump up from say a 50% to about 80%, i also take some power savin precautions like disablein wifi and using nightmode (thanks chainfire3d) it helps with display power and also no glare lol, but i havnt really ever had a power drain issue as far as it goes lol i guess i got lucky somehow or managed to do something righ for a change lol ;)

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
so..i have problem..again...
can someone tell me the steps to format like when I bought it???:(
i choose full reformat.
Install SDE , Install my android firmware , Install the custom kernel + initramfs
ok but...
the device starts normally android but the screen does not respond..:confused:
any ideas please???

drf666

Dec 23, 2011
Only touch screen is not responsive, or nothing is displayed at all?

You can still see the boot progress on the screen?

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
so...

i Install again the SDE and android firmware normally...(thank God)
no custom kernel + initramfs
reboot
the device is working normally in android mode.
When I go to the option dev edition the screen stuck to developer edition boot in progress...
when i reboot the device in normally mode the screen does not respond
i don't know what to do to solve the problem :(

Last edited: