[Q] SGH-T679 Flash Back To Stock via Odin - Not Writing To All Partitions

Search This thread

dpward

Apr 6, 2014
I am following the wiki instructions to flash an SGH-T679 back to stock firmware using Odin, using the files at the links provided:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Exhibit_4G

Prior to this, the only thing I did to the phone was to upgrade to AOSP 4.1.2 using stock recovery, which worked fine.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2081011

However Odin does not seem to be writing anything to either the system or preload partitions when I do this (and now the phone will no longer boot past the splash screen). I have tried both Odin 4.43 and 4.44.

Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
<1> VerifyPlatform:V0, P0,R0
<1> START!!!
<1> e - unknown file - "preload.img.ext4"
<1> set download environment.
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> amss.mbn download..
<1> 1/4 Finished.
<1> adsp.mbn download..
<1> 2/4 Finished.
<1> boot.img download..
<1> 3/4 Finished.
<1> cache.img.ext4 download..
<1> 4/4 Finished.
<1> reset pda..
<0> Started Timer
<1> Close serial port and wait until rebooting.

I did notice that the key combination to enter the bootloader changed after I ran Odin: it went from Volume Up + Home + Power to just Volume Up + Power.

I have not attempted to repartition or format the internal memory at any point. I am wondering if perhaps the Ancora.ops in the post above does not match the partition table on my device? Or is there something else I should try?

Thanks in advance!

dpward

Apr 6, 2014
Solved: the Ancora.ops file in uvlg3.odin.zip on the Wiki page is missing the preload partition. I added "12,preload" to the bottom of the file (per arco's Ancora.ops file found by Google -- can't link to it because I'm new to the forum).

Reactions: mhz1000a

ILCooL

Jun 2, 2012
Minsk
Solved: the Ancora.ops file in uvlg3.odin.zip on the Wiki page is missing the preload partition. I added "12,preload" to the bottom of the file (per arco's Ancora.ops file found by Google -- can't link to it because I'm new to the forum).

Did you use uvlg3.flash2.stock.zip for firmware from the Wiki page? Coz I didnt find this file on the Wiki page.

ILCooL

Jun 2, 2012
Minsk
I found the file, but after making firmware I see the next: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Plase select recovery mode in Kies & try again". And there's a mistake: big partition size!!
Where can I find 3-filed firmware for odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.