3D games are running slower than the N1

Search This thread

bob13bob

Apr 30, 2008
Dont get me wrong im not an apple fanboy, i dont own a mac, in fact i built my gaming pc a few months ago and love tinkering with my gadgets, but i feel a jailbroken iphone has more to offer than a rooted Evo, as much as it saddens me to say it. Id love to see apples demise as the number OS for us geeks but the truth is unless Froyo addresses some key issues like the lag it still wont be able to compete.

By no means am i saying that the 3gs is amazingly fast, but it does responsd to touch A LOT better than my Evo and thats the most important thing to me on a phone.

It also has some to do with the fact that on iPhone OS you're basically developing for one device while on andorid there are hundreds of platforms, and that may be a valid point but id rather have the locked phone with the better utility.

I just really hope google proves me wrong soon.

fair enough. might be too early for android to really compete especially with iphone 4 coming this month. might take another year.

OS optimization are making things faster though. we'll see when we get full roms with 2.2 on evo. There will be speed roms for it. manufactuers competing on the same os will giv eyou better hardware/dollar. if you compare open hard (windows) vs mac hardware mac is a joke. I can build the core components of a $200 pc that will blow the socks off any macbook pro.