Yahoo Messanger with video! Download from this thread now!!!

Search This thread

eptd

Oct 17, 2008
My app works fine for chat but not video. I can see myself on my phone and it rings on my end if I initiate the call, but the call doesn't go through on the other end. On my computer, I can't initiate a video call to my phone.

I've tried creating new logins (both yahoo), reinstalling, restarting (both phone and computer) and no luck! Weird thing is when I add a contact from my phone, I don't get it on the computer. But if I do it from the computer, it shows up on my phone. Text chat will go through both ways fine. Any suggestions?

Edit: I've tried different pairings of yahoo email addresses (yahoo, ymail, rocketmail) and I was able to initiate a video call from both my phone and my computer using both email addresses, but still can't connect. If I log in with yahoo address #1 on the computer, I don't get the video call option. If I do with #2, I do. I just don't get it. But either way, I can't connect. When I can initiate the video call, I see myself on both the phone and computer, but it won't connect. Help!

Last edited:

ken830

Nov 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Works surprisingly well on WiFi (DSL) and 3G!!

Would be nice if it supported landscape mode... Especially on the EVO so that we can use the kickstand.

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
this is the first time I've logged into my Yahoo account since november. Almost a year. And they de-activated my account. Oh-well, I use gmail anyways, but this will be fun for video chats to my friends with iphones.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I have a feeling Sprint will cap the data for unlimited once this is out for a bit. Considering how many people use yahoo on a computer and then the ability to connect to PC's and iphones and other device now. Data galore. :p

Now isn't this the reason Sprint made the $10 premium data fee mandatory for the HTC EVO as well as all 4G capable phones? If they cap data or weasel out of there original true unlimited data on the HTC EVO 4G, then that would seriously piss off every single sprint customer who is paying an extra $10 per month for the "premium data" features that the HTC EVO provides. That would also be FALSE advertising and fraud by charging customers for something they do not provide... oh wait Sprint is already doing that!

People are paying the additional $10 per month regardless if they have 4G coverage or not. Mabe in the future Sprint might change from unlimited to a capped system but they would have to fulfill current two-year contracts and eliminate unlimited and advertise data plans as being capped. Very unlikely... Sprint network is nowhere near full capacity and can handle the data conditions they've anticipated.

Thanks for sharing this info along with the files OP!

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Works surprisingly well on WiFi (DSL) and 3G!!

Would be nice if it supported landscape mode... Especially on the EVO so that we can use the kickstand.

That would-be too awesome! But remember this yahoo IM app was developed for a phone without a kick stand. I'm betting Yahoo will add support for the EVO and the new HTC phone that also has kick stand sometime in the near future. It would bring back a lot of users to yahoo who have not been using yahoo for quite a while now, including myself. Are you listening Yahoo? You should be!

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I'm with you. I can't figure out what to do after the download. :confused:

I'm having trouble after I downloaded both links. I have an EVO phone. Was there something I had to do after the download completed? My Yahoo Messenger doesn't look any differnt.

Did you guys figure out what to do. Its no different than downloading a file in windows and opening up my computer and running it. Make sure you have some form of a file explorer Astro ES Explorer AndExporer etc... then go to your downloads folder and click on the two yahoo files you have downloaded. It should install and there you go...

Hope this helps

chiragbaid

Oct 21, 2010
using on dell streak2.1

well I have downloaded both the files on my dell streak 2.1 the messenger is working fine but will I be able to use the video chat option...?
plz help

Last edited:

edwards6246

May 16, 2010
Just having one small problem.. I'm installed the yahoo and the add-on works fine voice works messenger works, video shows up bunch of squiggly lines that you cant make out a picture..I tried uninstalling, wiping the cache and still goes back to squiggles. Any Ideas?
*Edit* I'm on the Samsung vibrant.

Last edited:

MagicT

Jan 2, 2008
Hi guys,

The EVO 4G is not available in Germany due to different UMTS specs.

Question: Has someone made experiences with both Android devices Samsung Galaxy TAB or Samsung I9000 Galaxy S as they have both front face cameras build in.

Thx,

MagicT

klaydze

Feb 5, 2010
Manila
Works perfectly on chat but i encounter problem in video calling. everytime i call from phone to pc after i accept the call it appears a webcam icon with red line.

Another is can't sync my contacts from yahoo to my phone. Or im just the one who encounter this problem?

G1 user here with a custom rom of Chromatic Dream 4.5 Froyo 2.2.

But still a great apps.

Thanks

doggystyleid

Sep 15, 2010
Hi guys,

The EVO 4G is not available in Germany due to different UMTS specs.

Question: Has someone made experiences with both Android devices Samsung Galaxy TAB or Samsung I9000 Galaxy S as they have both front face cameras build in.

Thx,

MagicT

work perfectly on i9000GT, except it's using only back camera and flip camera not working.

chiragbaid

Oct 21, 2010
I cannot find the option to video chat, I installed both files in my streak and when I open it, I get the same old Yahoo messenger and I dont see any Webcam or Video chat option in it???? Any help???
How did you make it work in your Streak???

well first uninstall the messenger which u downloaded frm mkt..
then install both the files again..
the only prob is it does not detect front facing camera

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
anybody notice that it doesn't work with headphones? the audio still comes out of the speaker.

cgomex

Jan 6, 2008
It does not work on my Evo Help

I have tried numerous times to install both apks and I have gotten the same result. I cannot see the video camera option like I see on the screenshots. I am using both apks found on this thread.. can anyone help?

Jun 14, 2008
Washington, DC
Works perfectly! Tested calling PC to Evo, and Evo to PC, both worked. Video quality very good over WiFi.
First time it wouldn't connect. Phone froze up on ringing, couldn't answer, couldn't cancel, had to remove battery to reboot. After that, had no problems whatsoever.
This is indeed, a great step forward. I can't wait until other applications start using the video call capabilities of devices such as the Evo.
Thanks to the OP.
~fb

Jun 14, 2008
Washington, DC
cgomex Today, 01:34 PM
ReTweet this post# 217 It does not work on my Evo Help

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried numerous times to install both apks and I have gotten the same result. I cannot see the video camera option like I see on the screenshots. I am using both apks found on this thread.. can anyone help?
------------------------------

Are you trying to call a contact with an enabled camera? The option will only be available in these cases.

cgomex

Jan 6, 2008
cgomex Today, 01:34 PM
ReTweet this post# 217 It does not work on my Evo Help

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------

Are you trying to call a contact with an enabled camera? The option will only be available in these cases.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was it thank you very much!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question... Does it still work the same if you move the Voice and Video Add-on to the SD Card, since it takes up 24MB of space??

I had plenty of space so I didn't try that, give me a few min. and I will give its shot and report back...
    Edit: I can confirm it working after move to SD card with no quality or speed loss :-D
    Sent from my White Evo 4G