[Signatures] ☎ Create your own mobile devices timeline (phones history) - super easy

Do you like Mowned's sigs?

• Yes

Votes: 77 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
[Signatures] ☎ Create your own mobile devices timeline (phones history) - super easy

Hi,

A new free web service has been just released - Mowned.com.

You can create your own mobile devices showcase (timeline).
As users creates timelines (eg: add phones and year when they got them), some interesting data will appear (such as: appreciations, devices owned by years, etc - for example check this page).

.. but let's go back to the forum signature. You can create easily signature image that can be used in forums, etc. For an example of a generated signature check mine.

Steps:
  1. Login with Facebook - just click that button, confirm the dialog from Facebook then your account is automatically created
  2. Add your phones - the process is intuitive, you will see once you finish step 1
  3. After you added all your phones click "Activate image signature" from bottom of your dashboard
  4. Copy desired BBcode code generated with the signature image

That's all. You can have your signature in minutes.. in the case you remember all the data :D.

You may observe that some years in the signature are in gray color instead black. Black means that device is still owned, gray = device gone.

PS: phone years is not mandatory but nice to have (for statistics, as written above)

The service can be acccesed via:
mowned.com - users mobile devices timelines

Available signature formats
Standard
dsf.jpg

Extended
dsf.extended.jpg

Smart
dsf.smart.jpg

Last edited:

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
XperienceD, "Login with Twitter" may be implemented soon. It's that ok for you, since Twitter share less information than Facebook?

Thanks

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Not really, no. I don't use anything that requires a login from either, especially when it's something I'm only ever going to use the once. Good luck with it though.

^^^ Exactly what he said ^^^ I have no FaceBook account. I have no twitter account. I only have a G+ account because I need a Google account for my Android phone to function fully.

I look forward to the day when FB suddenly goes out of business and all these other companies are screwed - why they can't simply create their own log-in - or even better not require one - I don't understand.

devwithzachary

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
Love the idea but why do you need a login in the first place?
I would remove the need (maybe give the option to) to get more people using it.. what's to stop someone else making a site that does the same but with no login?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
Thank you guys for the replies.

Not really, no. I don't use anything that requires a login from either, especially when it's something I'm only ever going to use the once. Good luck with it though.
Yeap, but in future you get new devices so you need to update current phones list (timeline). If the phone's aren't linked to an user account you cannot edit..

^^^ Exactly what he said ^^^ I have no FaceBook account. I have no twitter account. I only have a G+ account because I need a Google account for my Android phone to function fully.

I look forward to the day when FB suddenly goes out of business and all these other companies are screwed - why they can't simply create their own log-in - or even better not require one - I don't understand.
I guess sites uses Login/Connect via Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Facebook because:
1) users that are using those platforms don't have to complete registrations forms.. just a few clicks and voila, you have access to the site. I personally prefer to login with Twitter and if I like a site and have this option I would sign in using this alternative
2) sites programmers don't have to stress with users creating process, eg: captcha, e-mail validation,etc.. Plus they got extra information, especially from Facebook, such as interests, etc (mowned.com doesn't store such information)

Love the idea but why do you need a login in the first place?
I would remove the need (maybe give the option to) to get more people using it.. what's to stop someone else making a site that does the same but with no login?
Login it's needed because:
- phones are linked to an account
- edit phones list in future (eg: add new device, correct device year from - to, etc)
- user-based phone list helps improve the statistics per phone, for example see this link: http://mowned.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250
- rate phones (for the sake of statistics again)

So.. what's the purpose you may ask? Well, this way we may see most appreciated phones by owners, phones owned by years, most owned phones.. It's true that you need some amount of data to a have a proper view..

I will implement in the next days a solution for login with e-mail and password (so an valid e-mail and password is needed for registration).

Edit:
Has anyone tried this? :p

Last edited:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello,

Now there's the option to sign up with an e-mail.
http://mowned.com/account/index

Seems to work, but I didn't get the timeline signature picture at the end.
Maybe it's because of my username with the underscore => "IT_ler" ?!
Or do I have to wait after creating my timeline before the jpg will be made and provided?

This should be the link for my timeline signature picture:

[url=http://mowned.com/it_ler][img]http://mowned.com/sig/it_ler.jpg[/img][/url]

EDIT:
Now it's fixed and working fine !

Last edited:
Reactions: DSF

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
It_ler, yeap it was the underscore, the route didn't know about it (only about "-") so an 404 error was triggered. Now it's fixed.

Thank you for the report!

Reactions: It_ler

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
XxStatiX thanks, now the logo part is tweaked a bit. Indeed it was too bulky and took too much space. + now it can show up to 11 phones instead 10. Do you think it's ok now?

(if you see no changes you have to refresh the page to force a new fresh request - instead it will show from your browser cache)

Last edited:
Reactions: XxStatiX

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
nitubhaskar thank you!

Now the image stretches horizontally (its width) automatically. Eg: if you owned only 3 phones no need to make it 500px long..
Thanks for giving me this idea. So your signature image is 324 x 80 instead 500 x 80.
That's what I could do at the moment. The signatures aren't customizable per user (at least ATM).

Reactions: XxStatiX and Deadly

XxStatiX

Nov 5, 2012
Mumbai
Yay its Fixed! Exactly what i wanted,Adding phones now! Wait :D
Thanksssss!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Wait im checking it here,Nice thanks! will spread the word.Like it!

Reactions: DSF

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
Hi,

Now minimal information about most popular mobile phones (from mowned users input) is shown in main page of the site.

I'm thinking to add in near future an option for those who want only to generate signature images without creating an account. This data will not be merged with user phones database, so it will not help/affect the main statistics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

A new free web service has been just released - Mowned.com.

You can create your own mobile devices showcase (timeline).
    As users creates timelines (eg: add phones and year when they got them), some interesting data will appear (such as: appreciations, devices owned by years, etc - for example check this page).

.. but let's go back to the forum signature. You can create easily signature image that can be used in forums, etc. For an example of a generated signature check mine.

Steps:
    1. Login with Facebook - just click that button, confirm the dialog from Facebook then your account is automatically created
    2. Add your phones - the process is intuitive, you will see once you finish step 1
    3. After you added all your phones click "Activate image signature" from bottom of your dashboard
    4. Copy desired BBcode code generated with the signature image

That's all. You can have your signature in minutes.. in the case you remember all the data :D.

You may observe that some years in the signature are in gray color instead black. Black means that device is still owned, gray = device gone.

PS: phone years is not mandatory but nice to have (for statistics, as written above)

The service can be acccesed via:
    mowned.com - users mobile devices timelines

Available signature formats
    Standard
    dsf.jpg

Extended
    dsf.extended.jpg

Smart
    dsf.smart.jpg
    Thank you.. and yes :D
    Would be great if you didn't need to use Facebook for it to work.
    Multiple improvements in the past days.

For example color spectrum, or dislike / likes ratio in back of the avatar.
    And finally a global phone search :)

KyUBICj.jpg

(in the screenshot the color spectrum and the likes/dislikes ratio can be seen)

link for ss: https://i.imgur.com/KyUBICj.jpg
    Improved phone attributes with a simple color picker :)
    2u29YeJ.jpg