Encrypted phone now cant use CWM backup and adb

Search This thread

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
Or you can reflash stock us ROM KitKat 4.4 ,no ota needed then,only difference is it seems us ROM gets updates faster

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

OK ill give it a whirl, should I reinstall CWM so Ive got some form of recovery in the event of things going haywire?

No don't flash cwm till you're phone is up and running on KitKat, this will restore you're phone to the same as when you bought it but it leave bootloader unlocked, only flash cwm when you have KitKat fully working and you want to root

voosh710

Jan 18, 2014
Or you can reflash stock us ROM KitKat 4.4 ,no ota needed then,only difference is it seems us ROM gets updates faster

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

No don't flash cwm till you're phone is up and running on KitKat, this will restore you're phone to the same as when you bought it but it leave bootloader unlocked, only flash cwm when you have KitKat fully working and you want to root

Ill try the Modaco link first since im mid download on a 5mb connection lol.

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
Indeed, lost root access and im guessing recovery is flashed ok too as encryption has gone (waheyy)

Ok I wouldn't recommend flashing custom Roms or recovery, root using this method for 4.4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2585755 and install xposed framework and gravity box kk to get most mods from custom ROMs without messing with system or installing ROMs as most ROMs on here for moto g aren't stable and have lots of bugs or are derivitaves of the stock KitKat ROM and don't really add anything. Google xposed installer it is brilliant

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

... And you're welcome

voosh710

Jan 18, 2014
Ok I wouldn't recommend flashing custom Roms or recovery, root using this method for 4.4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2585755 and install xposed framework and gravity box kk to get most mods from custom ROMs without messing with system or installing ROMs as most ROMs on here for moto g aren't stable and have lots of bugs or are derivitaves of the stock KitKat ROM and don't really add anything. Google xposed installer it is brilliant

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

... And you're welcome

Never seen the xposed framework before, looks really interesting will deffinitely give it a whirl the modules look really interesting.

Lol, cant thank you enough mate youve been really helpful.

...and the only person who bothered to get back to me.

Best regards!

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
Never seen the xposed framework before, looks really interesting will deffinitely give it a whirl the modules look really interesting.

Lol, cant thank you enough mate youve been really helpful.

...and the only person who bothered to get back to me.

Best regards!

More then welcome , xposed framework is way to go IMHO , good luck