[Development - S8500] Polish Blood by mikegapinski - Android 4.0 Nightly1(23th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

m90ultimate

Apr 30, 2011
you will have to wait till mic drivers are written and initialized properly.
till that time good wishes to all hardworking devs.

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Skype should be working very soon. Though we have to consider that even if IC hardware is the same, usually configuration of A/D converters has to be changed/adjusted experimentally as some hardware still does silly differ - other pull resistors on lines or other analog components, like microphone, another board layout, and so on.

Last edited:

elkpojlb

Apr 22, 2011
Skype works Rebellos equal or nearly equal to whatsapp?
You believe that soon the whatsapp funcinara or modem is indispensable for that?.
It's just a question I always had a doubt. Greetings! Excellent work on yours!

adi4u4882

May 7, 2011
Chennai
Hi everyone. ive got a request about some doubt. I know that conversation about "apps" is not a big issue at this stage but- If up to now Android ICS 4 can be launched on Wave 1 and the WIFI is operable, can we use apps on the Android to make VOIP calls from the Wave 1?:confused: or do we need to wait for the MoDem to be operable first? cause up to now no applications support VOIP over Bada and this is quite a pain. :( :D Waiting for Wave2 Android4 8)

Well anyway to Mike, Oleg and Rebellos-GREETINGS from Mauritius Island!!!
You are really fANTAStic Devs and Wish you Goodluck!!!

VOIP does not require Modem. It's just like a Normal Application. But you can use it only for Text Chat :p As microphone is not Working.

Reactions: PhoenixWaver

princepsp

Apr 19, 2011
Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)

Great :).Sometimes its soo anoying :)

But i cant test it :( Kernel succesfully builds but cant open.I think problem with new part. system. :( (i can run 1 week old kernel)

freddimercuri

Dec 22, 2008
Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)

if you and mike and other that have worked to this project would make it functionally as you are writing, you'll have surely a donation by me and other people in this bada's community.

hope you'll finish your hard work as soon as possible,

best regards from italy!

gxgxg

Feb 28, 2011
.....this is going to be LEGEN.......wait for it.......DARY!!!
Thank you guys! We all apreciate your work!

Sent from my ALLDRO2SPEED using XDA

PhoenixWaver

May 13, 2012
flashing PolishBlood on Wave

Im not sure if its a stupid question, but when the project will be complete- will the flashing process of PolishBlood onto a Wave device be the same as the flashing of a Bada Rom? (i.e download files and use Multiloader to flash device in LSI mode):confused:
or are the procedures completely different?
Last doubt: Must I install Ubuntu on my pc for the flashing of Polishblood or a simple Windows 7 PC will do the job?

Thanks for the help anyway :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

zmajster01

Apr 5, 2011
i think, installing ICS android same way like as first alpha droid version is good enough (MoviNand or SD) You no need install Ubuntu, just download liveCD version and start system from it, or do it in VM. at other side, this can make a hundred "how to" question in this theard.

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
we can probably script something together so you can just copy files onto bada storage, install correct bootloader and fota with multiloader and then just boot android - when the time comes, hopefully no need for mucking about with operating systems.

that is - when the time comes...

Last edited:

princepsp

Apr 19, 2011
we can probably script something together so you can just copy files onto bada storage, install correct bootloader and fota with multiloader and then just boot android - when the time comes, hopefully no need for mucking about with operating systems.

that is - when the time comes...

Hello. I builded kernel but it doesnt work.(i think problem with new partition system)

(i can run 1 week old kernel.)

Do you know what is new partition like?

(my partition is 1.fat16 2.ext2(system(app ...)) 3.ext2(emty) )

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
Hello. I builded kernel but it doesnt work.(i think problem with new partition system)

(i can run 1 week old kernel.)

Do you know what is new partition like?

(my partition is 1.fat16 2.ext2(system(app ...)) 3.ext2(emty) )

i created data and cache dirs to 3.ext2 partition but it dont work.

i will try again.(it will be empty?(data and cache?))

I only get

Samsung Wave GT-8500
badaDROID

xdadevelopers

Screen Stuck after that

are you testing it right now?? cuz if is truth can i join you?
if you haven't studied or don't understand the mount processes in the init.wave.rc file and other init files i don't believe the kernel can be very useful to you right now i'm afraid.

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
So, we found out that there's some serious issue with SD card driver. Write operations nearly always fail, while reading from it does usually work. Anyone got ideas what cause that? Can it be voltaging fault? Does undervoltaged SDcard usually is able to perform reads, but no writes? Or... dunno what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My targets in this project:

Primary target: Android 4 ICS port for Samsung Wave S8500;
    Secondary target: Android 4 ICS for Samsung Wave S8530.
    I. History:
    1. How I got my Wave ?

It was founded by bada-world.pl community after a big site komorkomania.pl published an article about my work on LG GT-540 Swift.
    The donators were (exchange rate: 4,17 PLN):

1. Comcio – 7,19 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    2. MarcinUj – 4,80 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    3. cinimini – 1,20 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    4. prusaq – 1,96 Euro - 28.03.2012r. + 1,20 Euro- 29.03.2012r
    5. HROLF – 3,60 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    6. Andreas786 – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    7. Mielu – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    8. n3jt – 1,85 Euro - 28.03.2012r
    9. salomonik – 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    10. bedson - 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    11. macaron - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    12. daniel23z - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    13. Diego962 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    14. midnight911 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    15. MaciekSmola - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    16. shevchenko1987 - 2,40 Euro - 30.03.2012r.
    17. Johny5608 - 2,40 Euro - 31.03.2012r. (PayPal)
    18. faabio - 8,39 Euro - 02.04.2012r.
    The rest of missing amount of money was my contribution to the project

2. Why I decided to start this port ?

I look for a new challenges and experiences, bcos a time to choose a job is getting closer and closer.

3. All links news and what works can be found on polishblood.pl

Caution:

All of that couldn't happen without great work of guys from Badadroid and all credits for creating method of booting Android go to rebellos, mijoma,srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi. If you think thay deserve a donation check their thread.

Current kernel code:
    https://github.com/Rebell/bdroid/

If you look to donate me click the button near my avatar
    I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
    -Updated to Jelly Bean
    -Kernel updated with incr patches
    -Voodoo sound suport in kernel
    -Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
    -Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
    -I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
    -Android Recovery added
    -Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2
    I've located all front camera functions and init tables in Bada kernel so we will get it working very soon. Back camera is much more complicated, so we it will take more time to run it.

Please don't PM me about "how is it going". I won't answer anyway. I'm slowly working on modem but it's boring and long work. Anyone with C/C++ experience is welcome to help, but first you would have to browse replicant RIL for Samsung as example.
    I've just got touchscreen oriented properly. Still working on Idle bug, with no success for now.