[Development - S8500] Polish Blood by mikegapinski - Android 4.0 Nightly1(23th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hukerrs

Apr 5, 2011
It means the USB port on his wave is broken.

BTW "dev thread" my ass this

Last edited:

Brociu12

Mar 23, 2012
Cracow
ENG:
Mike, because of USB port die, relase of beta will be moved in time(BTW repair or "new" Wave?)? And what time (about) you make modem?
PL
Michał, czy z powodu tego że ci USB wyzionęło ducha, przesuniesz wydanie bety(naprawa czy "nowy" Wave?)? I kiedy modem będzie zrobiony(środek, koniec wakacji? tak w przybliżeniu)??
Pozdrawiam Brociu12

zmajster01

Apr 5, 2011
ENG:
Mike, because of USB port die, relase of beta will be moved in time(BTW repair or "new" Wave?)? And what time (about) you make modem?

OOOOOOOOR, he can make a SD version of ICS and kernel can send to wave over bluetooth :) i don't know if it's possible this time or he want do it by this way, i am just thinking out loud. (not take into account battery charging)

Reactions: Brociu12

Vangarm

Feb 14, 2012
Reading (and understanding it) is a privilege

Is it possible to block (comments from) people that are just not willing to read? A simple "3 strikes, you're out" rule would be sufficient.

In the first post on the first page of this thread everything is mentioned about what is working and what isn't. That post is placed and kept there, so everyone can find it with ease. Well, 'everyone' is apparently an overestimation...

But I'm getting a bit offtopic here, so back to it :). -->

A workaround for Mike USB port problem might indeed be bluetooth or via SD card. The only problem to tackle then is charging the battery. A specific charger is way cheaper than a new Wave. It isn't preferable over a fully working phone, but it will do.

Good luck devs!

Reactions: gxgxg

gwiqu

Jun 2, 2012
Is it possible to block (comments from) people that are just not willing to read? A simple "3 strikes, you're out" rule would be sufficient.

In the first post on the first page of this thread everything is mentioned about what is working and what isn't. That post is placed and kept there, so everyone can find it with ease. Well, 'everyone' is apparently an overestimation...

But I'm getting a bit offtopic here, so back to it :). -->

A workaround for Mike USB port problem might indeed be bluetooth or via SD card. The only problem to tackle then is charging the battery. A specific charger is way cheaper than a new Wave. It isn't preferable over a fully working phone, but it will do.

Good luck devs!

well is not in some format that lists down all that is working and all that is not, its like all over the first post, all else aside can i assume that only the basic of the system and those he say is working is working and the rest is not?

Vangarm

Feb 14, 2012
Hope is still intact :). The port is still going, but Mike's work will be slowed down a bit. It's Rebellos who is still working on the modem driver. That is the most important thing that still needs to be done imho.

adi4u4882

May 7, 2011
Chennai
Why not sponsor/donate device... instead money... :)

Best Regards

But who's willing to donate a device? :confused:
No one will,
Because he would have bought it for 300$ or more,
and he wont or cannot give it for free.
That's why some donate money.
Even if many users even give 2$ the developer(s) can easily buy a device.
But I will give my device for 850$ :rolleyes:
So that i can buy a SGSIII :D

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
If you can buy on Ebay S8500 with broken Display...
Example...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Samsung-Wave...DE_Handys_ohne_Vertrag_KM&hash=item2a1e785f2b

And I have since OVER 1 year such device for Tests and JTAG...

Also few users not use S8500 anymore...

If here sooooo many users count on mike... why not 1 or 2 users are able to find or have such cheaper device...

Maybe if he has 2 working devices at same time...

Mir fällt gleich wieder mein Essen aus dem Gesicht. Wenn ich sowas lese...
Eine Ausrede nach der anderen...

So wird das nie was...

Best Regards

Reactions: adi4u4882

navinng

Jun 30, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to generate logs to know what happens when I boot android?:confused:

Thanks and don't worry devs....I am not goning to post the logs and ask for help:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My targets in this project:

Primary target: Android 4 ICS port for Samsung Wave S8500;
    Secondary target: Android 4 ICS for Samsung Wave S8530.
    I. History:
    1. How I got my Wave ?

It was founded by bada-world.pl community after a big site komorkomania.pl published an article about my work on LG GT-540 Swift.
    The donators were (exchange rate: 4,17 PLN):

1. Comcio – 7,19 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    2. MarcinUj – 4,80 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    3. cinimini – 1,20 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    4. prusaq – 1,96 Euro - 28.03.2012r. + 1,20 Euro- 29.03.2012r
    5. HROLF – 3,60 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    6. Andreas786 – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    7. Mielu – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    8. n3jt – 1,85 Euro - 28.03.2012r
    9. salomonik – 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    10. bedson - 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    11. macaron - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    12. daniel23z - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    13. Diego962 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    14. midnight911 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    15. MaciekSmola - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    16. shevchenko1987 - 2,40 Euro - 30.03.2012r.
    17. Johny5608 - 2,40 Euro - 31.03.2012r. (PayPal)
    18. faabio - 8,39 Euro - 02.04.2012r.
    The rest of missing amount of money was my contribution to the project

2. Why I decided to start this port ?

I look for a new challenges and experiences, bcos a time to choose a job is getting closer and closer.

3. All links news and what works can be found on polishblood.pl

Caution:

All of that couldn't happen without great work of guys from Badadroid and all credits for creating method of booting Android go to rebellos, mijoma,srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi. If you think thay deserve a donation check their thread.

Current kernel code:
    https://github.com/Rebell/bdroid/

If you look to donate me click the button near my avatar
    Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)
    I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
    -Updated to Jelly Bean
    -Kernel updated with incr patches
    -Voodoo sound suport in kernel
    -Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
    -Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
    -I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
    -Android Recovery added
    -Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2
    I've located all front camera functions and init tables in Bada kernel so we will get it working very soon. Back camera is much more complicated, so we it will take more time to run it.

Please don't PM me about "how is it going". I won't answer anyway. I'm slowly working on modem but it's boring and long work. Anyone with C/C++ experience is welcome to help, but first you would have to browse replicant RIL for Samsung as example.
    I've just got touchscreen oriented properly. Still working on Idle bug, with no success for now.