[ROM][Aug 25] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #20

Search This thread

mhs409

Nov 30, 2011
Wales
blog.mehedi.me
Being an impatient fan of Android releases, I have been searching for a 4.2 AOSP ROM since the day of release.

Yesterday when I saw this thread, I got excited and now I am posting right from the current build.

It is stable, not many force closes , lacks some nice features, but that is understandable considering the age of the project . Thanks a lot , pabx and rogro82.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Being an impatient fan of Android releases, I have been searching for a 4.2 AOSP ROM since the day when 4.2 was released.

Yesterday when I saw the thread got excited and now I am posting right from the current build.

It is stable, not too many force closes , lacks some nice features bit that is understandable considering the age of the project . Thanks a lot , pabx and rogro82.

1 - i haven't had any FC's that weren't my fault (not clearing data, now resolved with wipes where needed)
2 - "missing features" - this is AOSP, not CM10. If you want the features wait for the CM team to start building 4.2. There is nothing "missing" from this rom.

All in all, I can't find any flaw other than the noted missing/broken features on the first post. Even battery seems quite decent... fine for a daily if you don't need camera or BT.

M.

JDAapps

Jul 1, 2012
New York
1 - i haven't had any FC's that weren't my fault (not clearing data, now resolved with wipes where needed)
2 - "missing features" - this is AOSP, not CM10. If you want the features wait for the CM team to start building 4.2. There is nothing "missing" from this rom.

All in all, I can't find any flaw other than the noted missing/broken features on the first post. Even battery seems quite decent... fine for a daily if you don't need camera or BT.

M.

Agree 100%

mhs409

Nov 30, 2011
Wales
blog.mehedi.me

M.

Well, I was not talking of flaws! By "missing features" I meant to indicate whatever is coming next.

Interestingly, I was using CM10 for a few days till yesterday, din't like much. No doubt CM project is another great project, but for now, I will stick with the daily builds of this project.

Great work people!

JDAapps

Jul 1, 2012
New York
I don't think gesture typing is working, unless I'm just not knowing how to make it work. Appears to be enabled in settings, but I can't seem to get it to kick in.

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln
3amehata.jpg

Just a screen of what I meant with cramped screen. Known issue, feature or something else?

Edit: Seems that this is a lockscreen issue. Widget area is also slightly off. Everything else is working perfectly fine.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln
Thought so too, but the rest of the system just works fine. I'll test the build.prop hack and report back...

Edit: build.prop dpi hack works perfectly (better than on 4.0 and 4.1). Everything scales fine. But the Lockscreen issue persists...

Last edited:

danakers

Feb 28, 2009
Installed and working, but can't install some apps, including Spirit FM Radio, which throws up the message "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card" when installing from Play Store. FS File Explorer, on the other hand, installs perfectly.

Any ideas?

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Just a screen of what I meant with cramped screen. Known issue, feature or something else?

Edit: Seems that this is a lockscreen issue. Widget area is also slightly off. Everything else is working perfectly fine.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Hmm.. the SIM-Lock screen looks perfect on my phone. But i configured it to english, maybe its a language issue (longer german words -> linebreak).

But fixing this should be trivial: We just need to fiddle with a layout file.

rogro82

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
That lock screen is actually my fault :D

Basically the screen lock has some hard resize functions based on the top of the screen lock handle and now that the user switcher is added those measurements are off.

If you only have one user then it is not shown and everything is ok... if not widgets might be a bit too large and stuff might be sized wrongly. As soon as I have some more time I will look into the resizing.

Last edited:

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln

Basically the screen lock has some hard resize functions based on the top of the screen lock handle and now that the user switcher is added those measurements are off.

If you only have one user then it is not shown and everything is ok... if not widgets might be a bit too large and stuff might be sized wrongly. As soon as I have some more time I will look into the resizing.

Perfect. Thanks for the fast info. I just tested the second user. After deleting it everything is back to how it should be.

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com

that could be it..
multiuser is only for tablet (at least without your "hacks" :D )
simple xml editing should fix layout

rogro82

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
that could be it..
multiuser is only for tablet (at least without your "hacks" :D )
simple xml editing should fix layout

No thats just the problem... the size of the widgets etc is not based on the xml layout, but determined on the top position of the lockscreen handle.. the only thing that should work is placing the user switcher on the botttom below the unlock handle etc... but that kinda sucked because the circle is not 100% :) So i just added it on top knowing it shifted the layout a bit... So well either have to move it to the bottom ( which will make the unlock handle look weird ) or adjust the resize method to also compensate for the space used by the user switcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BoAyu.png

Banner by Sebianoti

Me and rogro82 started to port Android 4.2 to the HTC One X

Working
    • Wireless
    • Phone calls
    • GSM Data
    • Audio
    • Video Playback (including HD)
    • Camera (no photosphere - blame google)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • BT and Wireless tethering

Not Working
    • USB tethering (?)

Installation instructions
    • BACKUP YOUR DATA (using CWM)
    • Verify that your backup is complete - a backup of your sdcard may also be a good idea (see below)
    • Verify that you are running hboot 1.26 or newer (hboot 1.39 is recommended)
    • Download the ZIP and the boot.img (see Downloads)
    • Copy the .zip to your sdcard and reboot into fastboot
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img, then boot into recovery
    • WIPE your phone (this is not optional)
    • Install the .zip and reboot

Upgrading
    You can always upgrade to a newer version without wiping any data, formatting system or wiping the cache.
    But keep in mind that you must always flash boot.img + re-flash gapps after upgrading

Changelog

RC20 (20130825)
    • Fixed the two Android 'master key' bugs
    • Kernel patch for CVE-2013-2094
    RC19 (20130317)
    RC18 (20130311)
    • Option to control button backlight depending on the screen brightness (Settings -> Display)
    • Software fix for pabx's broken headphone jack detecion: Added an option to forcefully route mediaplayer-output to the headphone jack. (Settings -> Audio)
    RC17 (20130301)
    • Use latest WIFI Firmware (improves reception)
    RC16 (20130216)
    • Added ro.adb.secure=1 to build.props. The phone will now only accept ADB connections from authenticated hosts. Note that you must upgrade your local ADB installation to the version included in the 4.2.2 SDK. Connecting with an pre-4.2.2 adb will not work
    • Fixed quicksettings: longpress = toggle, press = settings
    • Internal: Use CMs nicer audio-recording patch
    RC15 (20130213) Android 4.2.2
    • Upgraded to Android 4.2.2_r1
    • Silenced vibrate kernel driver + removed unneeded pm_qos request
    RC14 (20130208) Kernel 3.1.10
    • First release with Linux 3.1.10. Note that you MUST upgrade your hboot to 1.3x (1.2 versions may work - any feedback is appreciated, but any version < 1.2 will NOT work - your phone will freeze during deepsleep!)
    • Mounting USB-OTG devices on 4.2 is somewhat tricky as filesystems are not shared with 'parent' processes - using some userspace app like 'Nexus Photo Importer' is recommended
    • Switched to ondemand govenor as the old 'interactive' is broken in HTCs Linux 3.1.10 source drop (doesn't make a big difference)
    RC13 (20130202)
    • Merged missing cam pull request
    • Option to change the max frequency in settings (Developer Options -> CPU Frequency)
    • Improved frequency management - say goodbye audio dropouts!
    RC12 (20130122)
    • More camera options (jpeg quality, burst mode, scenes) - thanks to seadersn
    • Option to enable the overflow button
    • New hardware button mapping profile: press = tasks / longpress = menu
    RC11 (20130114)
    • Support for encrypted /data partition. (see this post)
    • Ability to limit the max CPU frequency (see this post)
    • Enhanced included Camera App (thanks to herrvorragend23)
    • Include SimToolkit
    • Option to change the Home + Menu longpress behaviour (Settings -> Display)
    RC10 (20130104)
    • Support for big /data partition. This is experimental, see this post
    • Mount /data with '-o discard'
    RC9 (20121229)
    • Added 'volume rocker' support (disabled by default -> settings -> sound)
    • Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) is now working
    • Stubborn BT devices should now be able to pair
    RC8 (20121225)
    • Fixed WIFI Tethering
    • Changed halo background
    RC7 (20121220) Doomsday edition
    • Bluetooth Tethering support (still a little bit flaky, try to re-enable bluetooth + tethering if the connection drops)
    • Changed quicksettings behaviour: Short press = toggle / Long press = open settings
    • Reboot + Screenshot options in Power-Off menu (thanks to lownoise2)
    RC6 (20121219)
    • Support for Bluetooth file transfer and HID (Again: thanks to rogro82)
    • AUDIO AND INTERNET SHARING VIA BLUETOOTH ARE CURRENTLY NOT WORKING
    RC5 (20121215)
    • Audio recording fixed (Send your thanks to rogro82)
    • Developer-Options enabled by default in Settings
    • Display internal + sdcard storage in Settings
    • Improved holo-background gardient
    • Switching from/to 2G-Data-Only works without reboot
    • 'Silent' GSM-Data drop is hopefully gone
    RC4 (20121211)
    • Camera support Install this if the camera icon is missing in your app drawer
    RC3 (20121209)
    • Paid applications can now be installed using Play Store
    • Unity engine based games work correctly
    • Hboot 1.3x support
    RC2 (20121202)
    • Multitouch fixed
    • Based on Android 4.2.1 (December fixed)
    • HD-Videos (OMX) working

RC1 (20121126)
    • Include Email.apk
    • Fix google location service provider (google now / gmaps)

Download links (always flash boot.img!)
    http://blinkenlights.ch/static/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Primary host in Germany)
    http://android.eqmx.net/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Mirror in Sweden)
    Gapps download
    NEW http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

IRC Channel
    Join us at #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc

FAQ

I can not upgrade my hboot to 1.3x, help!

You can still run RC13:
    This was the last release using Linux 2.6 and will therefore work on older hboot versions. RC13 is stable enough for everyday-use.

What kernel should i use?

Use the stock kernel from boot.img - there is nothing wrong with it. Using a different boot.img or/and kernel will just break stuff.

Even more links!
    https://github.com/adrian-bl-hox-jb/android
    https://plus.google.com/115564237657785223556/posts
    For people wondering:

Although its an AOSP build it does have multi-user support which originally is only available on tablets in AOSP ( users can be added in settings )
    Pab i have bluetooth working :) will have to track all my changes...

Camera

Using this ROM for 2 weeks now. Love it, but like with all AOSP roms I'm not happy with the camera so I decided to actually help the community instead of the usual whining.

I've attached a pimped Camera (which is included in the Gallery, therefore the complete Gallery2.apk has to be replaced) which includes this new features:

-Included all native camera scene modes that our HOX Camera is capable of
    -HDR Quick Toggle (which is nothing else than background-hdr scene mode)
    -Added more exposure settings (max camera value is 12, min is -12, therefore +3 = 12, +2 = 8, +1 = 4, 0 = 0, -1 = -4, -2 = -8, -3 = -12)
    -Added 6MP wide picture size (3264x1840)
    Pab we might wanna give WiFi tethering as a (early) Christmas present ;)

to fix:

in netd / SoftapController.cpp:

just return 0 in
    int SoftapController::fwReloadSoftap(int argc, char *argv[])

and use hostapd from android 4.1 ( i just copied the entire wpa_supplicant_8 folder from 4.1, but only copied hostapd after compiling ) as atleast wpa_driver_ap_params has changed and therefor hostapd_drv_set_ap(hapd, &params) in beacon.c fails.

Have done some basic testing using phone + tablet and connection seems to be fine ( tested Open and WPA2 PSK ).