Note II screen Rotation

Search This thread

iBlender

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Guys,

Im new here so pardon my thread of any inconsistencies.

I bought galaxy note II about a month ago, it was working good until today.

Problem - For some reason the lock screen and menu have started rotating which i havent made any change or anything. If i turn off the screen rotation I can't access landscape mode to use texting or gps or anything or even apps, as they stay in potrait mode. And If i turn it on, the whole screen goes landscape mode.

I don't know if its an update from samsung or a system glitch.

I have tried re-calibrating the gyro but no help, Also put my phone in odin mode and clear cache as well but no awail.

XDA are well known to hunt these problems down, Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this?

Thanks
Ben

xtra10000

Nov 5, 2012
http://db.tt/fJuyO5B1http://db.tt/fJuyO5B1
Hi Guys,

Im new here so pardon my thread of any inconsistencies.

I bought galaxy note II about a month ago, it was working good until today.

Problem - For some reason the lock screen and menu have started rotating which i havent made any change or anything. If i turn off the screen rotation I can't access landscape mode to use texting or gps or anything or even apps, as they stay in potrait mode. And If i turn it on, the whole screen goes landscape mode.

I don't know if its an update from samsung or a system glitch.

I have tried re-calibrating the gyro but no help, Also put my phone in odin mode and clear cache as well but no awail.

XDA are well known to hunt these problems down, Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this?

Thanks
Ben
Hey mate! Try Ultimate Rotation Control app. I hope it helps.

raysar

May 11, 2013
I think that we must have a gesture for rotate MANUALY screen.

Automatic rotation is horrible in use.

I always look for an gesture application to do that :/

FutureClimax

Nov 1, 2010
I have similar problem. When I turn off automatic BACKLIGHT it will not turn screen, so I am turning auto backlight on, rotate device and then auto backlight off and it stays in landscape. It doesn't happen very often but is annoying. Try auto backlight on/off.