[ROM][31.OCT.12]Nightmare Sense | Sense 4.0 | Team Nightmare | 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Sorry,I don't see the guide you supposed.

I just went back and checked the bible page. There is a summary there and link back to this board with detailed instructions on how to extract a kernel image and flash it. It took me less than a minute to find it. If you're incapable of searching on your own or reading a page as instructed, then you shouldn't be flashing ROMs in the first place! You definitely shouldn't be asking such help questions on a dev thread! Bottom-line!!!

Last edited:

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
okay,please clam down!Sorry for bothering you!I just got you!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
okay,please clam down!Sorry for bothering you!I just got you!

Edit: its not that you're bothering me It's that I already gave you the answer in telling you where to look. By pointing you in the right direction you were still required to read through the information and learn how to resolve your problem.

I have no such problem because I read carefully pertinent threads and search on my own before posting. I have no formal computer training, I'm a 51yo truck driver, yet I could easily find what you were looking for.

There is an old saying, "if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, but teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime." I guided you so you could "fish" on your own, instead you wanted me to feed you. That's why I'm displeased.

To prove my point, I did a search for the nightmare kernel and found not only the flashable zip, but instructions there too!
Link to the kernel http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76536325/NightmareKernelv1.1.zip
Link to the thread it was originally posted with instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762687&highlight=nhtmare+kernel
All you had to do was search for nightmare kernel. Those exact words were in the title of the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: CNwenabx

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
Oh,thank you so much,and please forgive me for my poor english,I have a little trouble to understand english words,sorry again.

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
Edit: its not that you're bothering me It's that I already gave you the answer in telling you where to look. By pointing you in the right direction you were still required to read through the information and learn how to resolve your problem.

I have no such problem because I read carefully pertinent threads and search on my own before posting. I have no formal computer training, I'm a 51yo truck driver, yet I could easily find what you were looking for.

There is an old saying, "if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, but teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime." I guided you so you could "fish" on your own, instead you wanted me to feed you. That's why I'm displeased.

To prove my point, I did a search for the nightmare kernel and found not only the flashable zip, but instructions there too!
Link to the kernel http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76536325/NightmareKernelv1.1.zip
Link to the thread it was originally posted with instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762687&highlight=nhtmare+kernel
All you had to do was search for nightmare kernel. Those exact words were in the title of the thread.

Oh,thank you so much,and please forgive me for my poor english,I have a little trouble to understand english words,sorry again.

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010

Mod Edit: first sentence of comment removed removed
if you're having issues then i suggest you try reflashing the official RUU, the original ICS that came with the phone, google the same thing and you'll get the link here on xda, then flash this ROM again after you're done with the RUU. and yes, take out the boot.img from this Rom and put it on your desktop, go into where your fastboot files are stored, put the boot.img there, run the adb commands,
adb flash boot boot.img, that's it, then flash this ROM, or you can flash whichever kernel you want

Last edited by a moderator:

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
Mod Edit: first sentence of comment removed removed
if you're having issues then i suggest you try reflashing the official RUU, the original ICS that came with the phone, google the same thing and you'll get the link here on xda, then flash this ROM again after you're done with the RUU. and yes, take out the boot.img from this Rom and put it on your desktop, go into where your fastboot files are stored, put the boot.img there, run the adb commands,
adb flash boot boot.img, that's it, then flash this ROM, or you can flash whichever kernel you want

Please don't start an argument again, this post has been really inactive so even less reason to bash anybody.
Let's keep it clean, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Odysseus1962

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
Greetings, @jafferkhan I edited the first part of your post, there is no need to be disrespectful to others.
Consider this you Friendly Reminder. :)

Thanks,
BD 619
Well,Thanks you guys...But this post was half a year ago,and I use HTC One now.It must to say The Amaze 4G is a great phone i used of HTC,and thank to all you guys in xda for helping me to solve lots of problems.Thank again!

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks works like charm..
so far getting awesome battery life .. Thanks

Which kernel did you flash for the battery life?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Will do. Once I get a bootable jelly bean kernel it'll be ready fairly quickly.

Any good news Chevy? How's the testing and everything':):):)

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
not the place for questions like this

Which kernel did you flash for the battery life?

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Any good news Chevy? How's the testing and everything':):):)

I understand your eagerness for something new. However this is not my thread.

If you will be patient you'll get the news with everyone else.

This questioning is also know as off topic and not welcomed in the development section. I have other threads that you can post something like this in the general section.

omareziz

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
trying to put my wifi password in but settings crashes every time

well this is the problem i am getting someone else asked it too but no one answered any help guys?

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

trying to put my wifi password in but settings crashes every time

Excuse me if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it but after installing I get my WiFi switched on and in the window all it shows is WiFi turning on.... And it just sits there. Can't toggle the switch or anything. Anybody else seen this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Failed to mention that I am using aosp settings if that makes a difference.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

OK. Reinstalled the ROM and the WiFi turns on but now after I hit the connect button the settings force close. It also force close if I hit the more button on the main screen in settings so that I can set my mobile network options.

just to tell that i did search :p

Reactions: Huzaifa_Aziz

omareziz

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
well this is the problem i am getting someone else asked it too but no one answered any help guys?

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

just to tell that i did search :p

this is what i did to get it right...

Format everyting except SD card
Smart flash on
falsh stock ics or speed rom 8.0
then flash this ROM with full wipe from aroma with custom installation (nightmare kernel and no AOSP fix)

worked for me have working wifi now with sense

Reactions: pbergonzi

Yousvel

Jan 23, 2014
Cap-Haitian
www.dtcministries.com
The rom with the best battery life for the Amaze!

I am currently on NightmareSense v1.6 , so far it's great! I get the best battery life on it. More than any other roms I've tried already. It's really smooth too. I think I am gonna stick with it.

kinfauns

Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead
Jan 5, 2012
Thread Closed

Thread Closed

The OP has requested closure. The project is no longer supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pictures
    2cmt2eq.png
    263xxk1.png
    15wmhlc.png
    20t1cnd.png
    21nva.png
    Sense_4.jpg

Video:
    qO1v5.png

Code:
    10/9 - v1.2
    [list]
    [*]Data fixed!!!
    [*]Tweaks added
    [*]Setup screen wait time shortened
    [/list]

7/13 - v1.1
    [list]
    [*]GSM hack improved
    [*]Fixed artifacts in wallpaper and camera (may notice some on first boot)
    [*]Now packin' heat with Nightmare Kernel v1.1 :p
    [/list]

6/15 - v1.0 (just an overall awesomer version! :D )
    [list]
    [*]GSM fixed (hack)
    [*]wi-fi fixed
    [*]speed tweaks
    [/list]

5/26 - Alpha 2
    [LIST]
    [*]Camera now takes pictures
    [*]Camcorder works
    [*]New Base
    [/LIST]

5/21 - Alpha 1
    [LIST]
    [*]External SD card working
    [*]Camera Working
    [*]Audio (headphones and loud speaker)
    [*]Ground up for gsm/data is set
    [*]Battery reads correctly
    [*]Updater-Script fixed
    [/LIST]

5/20 - Initial Release

Stay tuned for more...

ziggy needs atleast 1k thanks guys.........

yea i want 4k like you lol :p
    For me bluetooth turns on most of the time, but it does not discover any devices.

ill try to get my friend to find me a bluetooth headset so i can look at it further. is anyone else having this problem?

ziggy46 is in beast mode! Can't wait till the next release now :)

haha :p ive had 3 Monster BFC's tonight and i cant sleep. (its 1:16am for me)

i will try to get the update out tomorrow morning or afternoon if i get all i want done with it. i have some tweaks i'd like to add, and i want to go through and do some clean up on it to reduce the size (if possible) and fix bugs.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Lol ziggy I know why you don't get any thanks, well not enough lol. If it was me that got stuff working my thanks meter would be like 7k, I guess I advertise better

yeah probably... and everybody likes you rom so you could post "adhsahdsa!!!!" and people would give you thanks.

ill eventually get to 1k though. i just have to do something big
    Thanks sports...GPS works now!!
    And ziggy you probly got 7k thanks now since I dumped **** load of thanks on you lol :D
    Sent from the boulevard of shattered Screen!!

haha thanks :) my thanks meter broke :p

This really is a beautiful ROM. I can't use it as a daily driver because I rely GPS navigation for work but will as soon as that's up and running.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

give me a minute and ill have you something