Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
USB dongle didn't work yet.

I uploaded my alpha version here:
archos_image.tar.bz2

Remember: Alpha only for testers.

Quinny: I will try to merge your changes, when I have some free time =)
Is it just my G9 that doesn't like the gralloc in that ext4? I'll merge it with the gralloc from my ROM, see if that helps

Reactions: stealthdave

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
It's more the fact you could use it to change DPI independently, which is useful for apps like chrome, which I have trouble touching the close button on. You also get toggles in the notification bar, you don't with AOKP tablet mode I don't think

Quallenauge

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2012
Is it just my G9 that doesn't like the gralloc in that ext4? I'll merge it with the gralloc from my ROM, see if that helps

Maybe you can try to symlink gralloc.4430.so to gralloc.archos.so. I symlinked it to gralloc.4460.so, maybe this is the cause.
I don't think, you can't use the gralloc library from your ROM, because this lib is from the SGX package provided by TI.

Last edited:
Reactions: stealthdave

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
New Test

Doesn't boot with the kernel that came with it, switched to the kernel from 4.0.26 rom and all is good. :good: Not rooted though, no problem for me.
Tested and working: ADW Launcher, Apollo, Calendar, Camera, Chrome, Clock, Crackle :good:, Fruit Slice, Gmail, Google Voice Search, Mobo Player, Xfinity :good: (DRM Protected streaming video from my cable provider), everything I've tried works except You :( Tube but that's normal.
One thing I've noticed is hashcode and Samsung i9100g, both omap 4430 processors use additional build options:

TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
TARGET_CPU_SMP := true
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a-neon
ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true
TARGET_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp
TARGET_GLOBAL_CPPFLAGS += -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

I haven't tried them so can't tell you if they make a difference. Really good job, very close to perfect CM10. :highfive:

EDIT: I believe the last two lines will make a difference in libskia.so, might clean up the 2d video artifacts. Just a guess on my part, could be wrong.

Last edited:

Quallenauge

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2012
CM10.1

Hi!

I know - we should finish things before we jump into new journeys!
But I couldn't resist! I wanted to try out the CM10.1 and I get it it partly running on my Archos G9 A80S device :)

Bit it is really alpha! There is no statusbar at the GUI (where you can jump to the home screen) ?! Does anybody know whats the problem is at this point?
Phone.apk crashes repeadly - so I commented it out. (Maybe this is the reason for the problem above?)
Camera is crashing - commented out for now, because it prevents the system from booting up.

A real issue is the new filesystem format. Just trying to using the changes, mentioned at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/1081596.
See /system/etc/init.archos.rc (changes at the start of the file) and /system/etc/init.A80S.rc (only section starting with "service sdcard") files.

Graphics/Audio seems to work.
If someone would like to test it, download and install from here: http://www.4shared.com/file/jeClNfjP/archos_imagetar.html
I will upload my repository within the next few days.

Remember: Alpha version - only for test!

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I'll take a look, see if I can get stuff working at all. And if I can, PA 2.99 might need porting ;)

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

On screen keys:
Add
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
to the end of the build.prop ;)

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

The most prominent issue here with 10.1 is the fact that apps cannot install to data, fail with "INTERNAL_ERROR" and apks don't get detected in /data/app

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Made a thread dedicated to 10.1, will become release thread when it becomes ready for general use:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36836691

What I fixed today:
Video (HQ and LQ) - Push all the DOMX libs from CM10, as well as libstagefright_omx.so and libdomx.so
Looking into things like Bluetooth, Storage and app installing now. I have a feeling Bluetooth is just a simple lib swap, maybe not so for the storage and app installing

pmartin

Oct 23, 2009
Hello!
One question! Does the 3G-Stick work with the CM10 on my Gen9 101?
Thanks regards
Peter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone like to want try out basic running JellyBeans on his archos g9 device you can use my build.
    Many things like camera, or accelerated video decoding/encoding doesn't work, also the sdcard access is not working (using vold binary from stock rom was not successful)!
    (= Not for endusers, but for devs who are interested ;) )

Working is:
    * Wifi
    * Audio
    * GPS
    * Graphics ( :) )

File-Image:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/168Z262u/archosext4updatetar.html

Needed kernel zImage:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/_yBZF1D_/zImage.html

Many thanks to JackpotClavin for your porting guide on CM9
    (which was very helpful to start understanding how customized building works),
    trevd for setup a CM10 repo which I used to start from and for developing 3G support on 4.0.4 and 4.1.1,
    omegaRED7 for his support on 3G,
    and last but not least: surdu_petru for his excellent work on modding and developing cool images for the archos device!!!

If you want to start hacking on this, use the following interesting repos as start:
    Trevd's developer repo for the 3G stick:
    https://github.com/trevd/huaweigeneric-ril

My CM10 config files:
    https://github.com/Quallenauge/cm10-archos-g9

A note for the kernel:
    Customized kernel is needed, because it provides the IPV6 mangle support, which is needed by netd service.

For me, the video acceleration is the most important thing, but due closed drivers and only a little understanding of the topic, I feel that I'm not able to solve this problem.
    Assume the Mounting Position

Now Then,

EDIT: External Storage works using an OTG Cable on the micro usb socket

For your viewing pleasure this evening I present working sdcard mounting ( not external storage yet ). Have it :) It turned out to be not even a code change.For all of the archo's quirks their changes to the vold subsystem only add confusion and complexity rather than anything useful, like , hmm I don't know, Functionality Maybe would be a good one LOL :rolleyes: In their defense I don't think we're their intended audience.

Anyways. I'll explain the change in detail below in a bit, but for those who put the xda in xda-developers, Here's what you need to do, edit the /system/etc/vold.fstab to look like this
    Code:
    dev_mount volume_internal /mnt/storage auto /devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0 /class/block/mmcblk0
    dev_mount volume_sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc1
    dev_mount volume_external /mnt/ext_storage auto /devices/platform/omap/musb-omap2430/musb-hdrc/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/ /devices/platform/omap/usbhs_omap/ehci-omap.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/
    That is all! That should give you a cool pick like the one below, obviously not with 500MB Internal Storage , but that another story.
    I also deleted all the other vold.<model>.fstab and also the fstab_nor, fstab_nand and fstab. These are not required on the sdcard models, not a clue if they are important to the HD Model.
    picture.php
    Hi !

Very cool ! You started a great job....I hope that with our dear developers you will be able to successfully finish !
    THANKS ! & Good luck !!! :good:
    mn555: what does not works in this rom? could this rom be used daily?

Ahh, I started writing this post 2 daysd ago, got sidetracked....

Not Working:
    Camera
    Graphics 3D Hardwate acceleration

Not Tested/Unsure:
    Storage Capacity Reporting on the HDD Models, This is a configuration issue, someone with an HDD Model needs to want to sort it out.
    HDMI, Simply not tested it but I think we are using the same drivers as the AOKP rom and It doesn't work on there.

Current Status:
    You need to cobble everything together from this thread to get 3G / SDCard and Google Now etc working on the original image in the first post.I suppose if someone wants to take the time to build CM10 with the latest sources and "cook" up an image that includes the latest binaries and all the fixes that would help some folks out.

With regards using it as a daily, It depends if your "casual" with it, i.e a bit a browsing here and there. It seems stable enough and seems a little smoother than ICS in general. Watch Quinny's video review for info of video playback etc.

Current Developments / Sometime in the Distant Future :
    I don't know if anyones is actively working on the "ROM" it's self. I don't know if there's anymore that can be done on it at the moment other than a maintenance build like I mentioned.

What is being worked on is a new kernel build which should hopefully get the remaining Hardware functioning, The HW Acceleration is the primary goal but a fully functioning custom kernel which is not reliant on any updates from archos is the desired result. Quallenauge, who I think is taking a well deserved holiday at the moment is leading the charge on this and he has made some amazing progress, but obviously there is no ETA on this, It'll be ready when It works. :laugh: I'm doing a bit of development with it but I'm still at the stage where I learn that I've got a lot learn every single day.
    Here's a more detailed guide with linked downloads and better info for it:
    http://quinny898.webuda.com/blog/CM10_Archos_G9_Guide.html