Camera shutter sound

Search This thread

desbarts

Nov 16, 2012
Lelystad
Hi! I really like the new camera on my s5 but I can't turn the shutter sound off. I sometimes take pictures in the bus from the outside landscape so its very annoying to have. Is there a way to turn this off without having to root the phone or using a 3th party app?

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

pennywisdom

May 5, 2006
In camera app, tap settings, you should get all the icons such as picture size, burst shots, etc. It's a 4x4 row of settings. What isn't obvious is that this row will scroll, just scroll down and you'll get another 11 or so options, one of which is the shutter sound.

ex-28

In camera app, tap settings, you should get all the icons such as picture size, burst shots, etc. It's a 4x4 row of settings. What isn't obvious is that this row will scroll, just scroll down and you'll get another 11 or so options, one of which is the shutter sound.

I don't see an icon to turn off shutter sounds. even after scrolling down ,after googleing it seems this option is carrier specific

Last edited:

jalcon9

Apr 14, 2014
I don't see an icon to turn off shutter sounds. even after scrolling down ,after googleing it seems this option is carrier specific

Must be carrier specific. Verizon does not have this toggle. The only way to turn off shutter sound is to turn your phone on vibrate or silent.

zuujin

Mar 28, 2008
My T-Mobile-branded S5 (germany) doesn't have it either. It works for me if I mute the whole phone (vibrate or mute) the shutter sound is off too.
If you have root, it shouldn't be a problem to just delete/rename the sound file, but I'm nor rooted (yet), so can't tell for sure.

Greetings,
Zuujin

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Lower down the volume or put it in silence. On mine, I can't find way to turn it off.

Djimmy

Jul 2, 2013
Saint-pierre

Must be carrier specific. Verizon does not have this toggle. The only way to turn off shutter sound is to turn your phone on vibrate or silent.

My t-mobile doesn't have it

I don't have that setting on EE or Orange in UK England handset

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 �� Via Tapatalk ��

My T-Mobile-branded S5 (germany) doesn't have it either. It works for me if I mute the whole phone (vibrate or mute) the shutter sound is off too.
If you have root, it shouldn't be a problem to just delete/rename the sound file, but I'm nor rooted (yet), so can't tell for sure.

Greetings,
Zuujin

Lower down the volume or put it in silence. On mine, I can't find way to turn it off.
Open explorer in system/csc find others.xml or feature.xml long press open as text editor
Found this
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
Change flase to true.
if you have not this text, copy and paste
or write must end as it's on my screenshot save
And reboot device

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-26-10-01-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-26-10-01-07.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 526
  • Screenshot_2014-04-26-09-40-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-26-09-40-29.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Reactions: mefistos

igresso

Mar 6, 2013
Open explorer in system/csc find others.xml or feature.xml long press open as text editor
Found this
Change flase to true.
And reboot device

i did that and nothing happend?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jay2the1

Sep 16, 2012
I'm in the UK, if I were to buy a sim free S5 from a UK retailer is the option to mute the shutter sound available in the camera app settings? If not does muting the phone entirely mute the shutter sound?

sretlow

Aug 19, 2008
Unfortunately I can't save the file after changing others.xml. I'm not rooted. I'm on a vodafone original dutch rom. I use es file explorer

fenchai

May 10, 2011
you can also use wanam exposed module...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My t-mobile doesn't have it

I don't have that setting on EE or Orange in UK England handset

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 �� Via Tapatalk ��

Greetings,
    Zuujin

Found this
    Change flase to true.
    And reboot device
    Found this
    Change flase to true.
    And reboot device

The others.xml in my phone does not have the ShutterSoundMenu line above, so I simply copy/paste the above line to the xml file. You MUST then change the permission of the file to 644 (rw r r), or else it will NOT work. After that, reboot the phone, and the Shutter Sound on/off option will be there the next time you start the camera.