Remove Touchwiz

Search This thread

blessedswine

Mar 26, 2010
ok i have looked online and i have seen that on other Samsung android phones you can remove touchwiz by installing a "stock" rom, but to me a stock rom is the one with Touchwiz.... can someone link me to a rom thats stable and doesnt have touchwiz....im new to this phone and been using the inspire 4g but the glass shattered...i understand i will have to root phone that i know but the roms for this phone nobody seems to post pictures of what they look like.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
Best rom that's stable and most themed is Sky ice cream rom by Sean. GO flash it hands down the best rom in our dev forum.

ok i have looked online and i have seen that on other Samsung android phones you can remove touchwiz by installing a "stock" rom, but to me a stock rom is the one with Touchwiz.... can someone link me to a rom thats stable and doesnt have touchwiz....im new to this phone and been using the inspire 4g but the glass shattered...i understand i will have to root phone that i know but the roms for this phone nobody seems to post pictures of what they look like.

blessedswine

Mar 26, 2010
thanks i just felt wierd coming from inspire thier development area has some really really good roms for that phone, came here and was just overwhelmed with the choices and none seemed to stand out among the crowd. Ill give it a go i just really really despise touchwiz ui and its the reason i normally stay away from sammy phones, that and the fact samsung is extremely slow to put out new os's on their phones if they ever do...got burnt on the Behold 2 never got my update cause they never put it out.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
Yap its still young phone and we still have more roms compare to vivid and holiday combine. Once ICS comes than it will be different flashing game haha:D

thanks i just felt wierd coming from inspire thier development area has some really really good roms for that phone, came here and was just overwhelmed with the choices and none seemed to stand out among the crowd. Ill give it a go i just really really despise touchwiz ui and its the reason i normally stay away from sammy phones, that and the fact samsung is extremely slow to put out new os's on their phones if they ever do...got burnt on the Behold 2 never got my update cause they never put it out.

Element_01303

Feb 9, 2010
So does the Sky ICS ROM have Touchwiz removed? You state it is themed... but never removed... I just ask because I am very curious about this phone, but depise the iPhone rip-off that touchwiz brings to android.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
You won't see touchwiz unless you chose that launcher and if you don't chose that launcher than you won't see touch wiz. You got option there like ICS launcher and every other things like setting, contacts, and stuff is ics themed.

So does the Sky ICS ROM have Touchwiz removed? You state it is themed... but never removed... I just ask because I am very curious about this phone, but depise the iPhone rip-off that touchwiz brings to android.

WMguy

Jul 29, 2007
You won't see touchwiz unless you chose that launcher and if you don't chose that launcher than you won't see touch wiz. You got option there like ICS launcher and every other things like setting, contacts, and stuff is ics themed.

exactly, you don't need to root or flash a custom rom to get rid of Touchwiz. For example, download "Gingerbread Launcher" and set as default when it prompts you. Turns your phone into a vanilla gingerbread android phone and Touchwiz is gone. I use ADW Launcher Ex and set it to "Fast" preset. Phone absolutely flies and no sign of Touchwiz anywhere. Stock everything for me.

Reactions: blessedswine

blessedswine

Mar 26, 2010
ive been having issues with ever single rom in here. my fav the nexusmod, facebook app doesnt work it makes me use the browser, a few others camera doesnt work or gps doesnt work. or its overclocked which makes the battery die faster. i just want a damn rom thats as basic as it can be but still have everything work... and only reason i hate touchwiz launcher is i dont use the email app and from what i read you cant remove it from that launcher bar.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
ive been having issues with ever single rom in here. my fav the nexusmod, facebook app doesnt work it makes me use the browser, a few others camera doesnt work or gps doesnt work. or its overclocked which makes the battery die faster. i just want a damn rom thats as basic as it can be but still have everything work... and only reason i hate touchwiz launcher is i dont use the email app and from what i read you cant remove it from that launcher bar.

WTF?

really?

does anyone actually understand that Touchwiz is MORE than a launcher?

and you cant remove it from the launcher bar? where did you hear such asinine things?

its pretty well documented all over the Touchwiz device forums how the launcher bar works....SMH

app drawer
menu button
view type
customizable grid
menu button
edit
drag n freakin drop what you want, where you want

DONE

Reactions: nemaca

Chance Ill

Really? I make it my business to never take part in flaming or making a member feel unwanted, but really? What have you contributed to the community to make such a demand? Such a request shows your ignorance towards the hard work and dedication that is put into the work that you use for FREE!

If you are not satisfied with the the work the community provides, don't use it. I speak for the entire development community when I say Restore your device to stock and STFU you ungrateful bastard.

If i offended anyone, I apologize but it's individuals like this guy that make devs feel unappreciated.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

nemaca

Jan 26, 2013
Ok, so maybe I'm a bit thik in this smartphone thingie, sorry to post on S II.

I got an i9070 (SGSAdvanced) and I would like to remove Touchwiz, since I got APEX installed. Now... from what I gather here, Touchwiz is a different, more complex animal then APEX and basically can't/shouldn't be removed? If so, does it slow down my phonw, like say... a PC with 2 OS installed(e.g.: Windows7+Ubuntu)?

I got Titanium and RomManager too, all the free versions. I'll gladly pay full versions when I'll be a bit used to them, learning atm, same case with APEX. Altough I don't know what APEX full has extra yet.

Anyway. I thankd the people that answered already, hoping for a YES you can remove, NO, you can't remove, BUT you can make it so it doesn't draw resources, and THIS is the Dumbie link for doing that.

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Wtf, you know this thread is a year old? No you can't remove touch and what does tibu and rom manager have to do with it?

What was the best before sliced bread?

quikt

May 5, 2009
Ok, so maybe I'm a bit thik in this smartphone thingie, sorry to post on S II.

I got an i9070 (SGSAdvanced) and I would like to remove Touchwiz, since I got APEX installed. Now... from what I gather here, Touchwiz is a different, more complex animal then APEX and basically can't/shouldn't be removed? If so, does it slow down my phonw, like say... a PC with 2 OS installed(e.g.: Windows7+Ubuntu)?

I got Titanium and RomManager too, all the free versions. I'll gladly pay full versions when I'll be a bit used to them, learning atm, same case with APEX. Altough I don't know what APEX full has extra yet.

Anyway. I thankd the people that answered already, hoping for a YES you can remove, NO, you can't remove, BUT you can make it so it doesn't draw resources, and THIS is the Dumbie link for doing that.

you are in the skyrocket section, you need to go here http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1952. and the answer is yes you can remove touchwiz.

mtdew

Dec 29, 2012
No you cant remove tw from a stock system if you think you can you need to do a lot more digging. Try removing twframework.apk see what happens try removing systemui.apk too while you're at it. Jesus you noobs kill me with false info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

quikt

May 5, 2009
No you cant remove tw from a stock system if you think you can you need to do a lot more digging. Try removing twframework.apk see what happens try removing systemui.apk too while you're at it. Jesus you noobs kill me with false info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Who said anything about removing either of those files? He can click the link in my last post for a rom without touchwiz. Chill bro

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Who said anything about removing either of those files? He can click the link in my last post for a rom without touchwiz. Chill bro

For clarity, you can't remove it but, you're correct that, you can find roms that don't rely on tw.

What was the best before sliced bread?

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
I can't understand what you guys are saying about . Why he want to install a new rom ??? Just remove touchwiz using Root explorer like ES File editor and add a custom launcher like Nova . Is that the easy method ???

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
@AlfasPeralassery touchwiz isn't just a launcher. If you try and delete it the whole shebang goes to crap.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Hope you are doing well . Sorry if my question was wrong . I can't understand . Touchwiz is a launcher created by samsung for their devices .
Or is touchwiz a rom or kernal ? .I DELETED TOUCHWIZ FROM MY S DUOS . I am using nova launcher succesfully without any error .
Please describe me if my assumption about tochwiz was wrong.

TheCybertronian

Oct 17, 2013
Touchwiz consists of several pieces taking out the launcher is part of it but that doesn't remove touchwiz itself. Touchwiz is deeper than a launcher.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best rom that's stable and most themed is Sky ice cream rom by Sean. GO flash it hands down the best rom in our dev forum.

exactly, you don't need to root or flash a custom rom to get rid of Touchwiz. For example, download "Gingerbread Launcher" and set as default when it prompts you. Turns your phone into a vanilla gingerbread android phone and Touchwiz is gone. I use ADW Launcher Ex and set it to "Fast" preset. Phone absolutely flies and no sign of Touchwiz anywhere. Stock everything for me.

WTF?

really?

does anyone actually understand that Touchwiz is MORE than a launcher?

and you cant remove it from the launcher bar? where did you hear such asinine things?

its pretty well documented all over the Touchwiz device forums how the launcher bar works....SMH

app drawer
    menu button
    view type
    customizable grid
    menu button
    edit
    drag n freakin drop what you want, where you want

DONE