[ROM][8/14]- CleanROM 4.5 DE Final -★| Android 4.0.4 | Sense / AOSP | Amazing!|★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

h_zee13

Dec 31, 2009
Montreal
found it: android.policy.jar goes in /system/framework/

qwerty.kl goes in /system/usr/keylayout

edit: everything works. recents key= menu; long press recents= search (only on launcher); home key=home; long press home = recents.

****ing awesome!!

make sure permissions are set properly. I used ES file explorer which i find to give less issues

You think you can share those files :D

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
@scrosler: i very much appreciate your efforts here and will give this a try on my One X. i have a couple of questions (not requests) about the items removed: HTC IME and HTCs Mail App.

1. i like HTC's IME because it's the only keyboard (relative to Swype and SwiftKey) that displays a dictated message while speaking. does voice dictation work the same with the ICS keyboard?
  2. i also like the HTC Mail app because it has threaded messaging and the sent items display the recipient vs. the stock ASOP Email app which doesn't. I looked at the ROM zip file and it appears that HTC's Mail App has been removed...correct? can i assume that you had to remove the HTC Mail App because you removed other Sense components?
Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

1. Are you telling me you can speak into the phone and it will type what you say? No way! Pic or it didn't happen!

But no for real though... Android has a built in dictating keyboard. I never tried it but its there in keyboard settings. Try it and let us know how it works out for you. You can always take the HTC_IME out of my other rom and palce it in this one before flashing. That would restore the HTC Keyb. It is a good keyboard but does not fit the intent of this ROM.

Removed HTC Mail app because I wanted to add as much AOSP to the ROM as I could. Im trying to build an alternative to AOSP / AOKP / CM9 as I feel the development on that will never really happen. So this will be the best we have for now.

Can i keep the HTC IME keyboard? how would i go about doing this? really really like the trace function..

You would need to copy it out of my other ROM and put it in the app folder before installing this one.

Once again, the intent of this ROM is to do away with as much Sense as possible so I will not be supporting the addition of Sense based items sans Lock Screen which is a mod I need to get together and post later on... BUt that will be the only additional Sense add on I make. Maybe the keyboard.

I have long days ahead at work so I can make over time. So I can pay my Early Termination Fee with Verizon. I am about $275.00 away from my goal.... If there was only a way I could make money so I dont have to work over time to pay this bill so I could make these add-ons you all are requesting... Hmmm... (was that subtle enough?) :D lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MistaButters

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Gah. Soo tempting to install this! Anyone getting improved battery over stock?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ROM has been out 3 hours. I dont think its fair to make battery comparisons yet. Although... IN theory... You should see a modest improvement in batter over stock due to the reduced applications and spyware constantly running and logging everything you do.

meccanikal

Oct 22, 2010
You think you can share those files :D

Most certainly can:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emxnccd41dpxjh0/3_DOT_MOD.zip

I re-hosted the zip found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1645290

I couldn't get the .bat file to work, it opens, and goes through the script but when trying to place the files in the right directory it gives an error saying directory not found so I had to manually place the two files (android.policy and synaptics) in the two directories I listed.

important edit; it is NOT the qwerty.kl file I said in my above post. It is synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl and android.policy both found within the .zip I included.

dimgl

May 4, 2012
Miami, FL
Soooooooo

Here is what I am hinging on....

What do you guys think of the custom status bar and AOSP icons? Yeah or Nay?

Dude, yes. All the way YES. Now my screen lock appears in the actual lockscreen and not some bootlegged HTC app.

The only thing I can request now is power control in the notification area and transparent background. But of course one thing at a time.

Oh...and stock Messages app. I'm a rabid texter and this HTC messages app is atrocious.

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
So far I have noticed that the browser isn't reloading as much.

Wouldn't mind trying what you have in mind to fix the multitasking issue.

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
this is looking very promising so far mate. i think a couple more tweaks here and there. i will be following this thread very very closely. i despise sense. i've been running the stock lockscreen as well as some of the other tweaks included in your ROM. a much better experience imo.
edit: just waiting on the stock ICS dialer to be brought over and then i'll make the jump.
edit: 181mb holy cow! nice! :p gonna download it and rip it apart when i get home.

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Am I the only one who likes Sense4? lol

i'd prob like it too if we could make our own Skins. the dock bar is hideous and i don't particularly like the 3D scroll effect for homescreens. on top of that, the size of a ROM is doubled because of all the useless widgets. maybe they're useful to all the social kids, but i tend to just launch an app. stock ICS takes care of all the widgets i find necessary. also... with a real AOSP ROM we'll get real multitasking back (not a problem for me, but for others).

to OP, worth taking a look at this thread possibly http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472528
it's a lot of themed stuff but might be useful...maybe.

Reactions: Scott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][8/14]- CleanROM 4.5 DE Final -★| Android 4.0.4 | Sense / AOSP | Amazing!|★-

CR4.5-DEV-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM 4 is an all inclusive ROM designed for the true enthusiast!
    • CleanROM 4 is based on the latest Asian 2.23.207.2 RUU which is Android 4.0.4 and is ODEXED!
    • This ROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a Sense based ROM with some AOSP features!
    • This ROM has a custom "Developer Edition Theme" that mirrors some aspects of AOSP!

features.png

• Based on Android 4.0.4!
    • Performance and battery tuned!
    • Mix of Sense and AOSP!
    • Free Hotspot for all!
    • Generic GSM Icons!
    • All apps up to date as of 7/27/2012!
      • AOSP Apps
      • Email
      • Calculator
      • Calender
      • Clock

changes.png

Version 4.5 Final - 8/14/2012
    • Added: Basic Quicksettings
    • Added: CleanMODS back to SD Card
    • Added: Blue Clock and Date in Status Bar
    • Added: Zip Align on boot
    • Added: Sense Lockscreen in CleanMODS
    • Added: AT&T 2.20 build.prop in CleanMODS
    • Added: Percent Battery in CleanMODS
    • Added: APM (Thanks xsMagical)
    • Fixed: Removed HTC Weather location
    • Updated: Gmail and ES File Explorer
    • Added: Flashlight to app drawer

installation.png

• Must have twrp Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery will cause serious issues!!!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

notes.png

• If you are on the AT&T Official 2.20 firmware you will need to follow these directions to flash the boot.img: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30230000&postcount=1869
    • Volume may be quite. If so wipe cache's and reflash the ROM. Volume should be loud again.
    • Same old callscreen unlock to answer bug! Use this app to resolve: Holo Locker
    • You should update SU Binaries immediately after install!
    • You should set SU Default Access to "Grant" to avoid problems with some apps such as Root Explorer!
    • Highly recommend disabling Fast Boot in Power Settings!

thanks.png

The following XDA Developers for Mods or general help with things!
    • Amikam from TheMikMik.com, sbryan12144, vin255764, xsMagical, and Tiffany84!

MD5.png

24B33E3E5BE4741551CBC77EE8BA6DDD

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

CRMODS.png

The following CleanROM Mods are on the SD Card after flashing ROM in an Aroma script
    Statusbars
    • Stock Battery (Default)
    • Battery Percent
    Camera Mods
    • Stock Camera (Default)
    • HQ v 1.5 Camera
    4G Icon
    • Standard AT&T (Default)
    • Generic 4G Icons
    Misc
    • AOSP Keyboard
    • AT&T Visual Voicemail
    • AT&T 2.20 build.prop for those that may need it.
    • AT&T Hot Spot Hack
    • Sense Lockscreen

SIM Toolkit is attached to this post for those that may need it
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Bro, I was only going back to Cleanrom 4.1 to test something, and it fked me. I lost a lot of respect for Scott when he went on a Forum rant about not getting enough XDA Thanks for his work. That wasn't classy at all. He has done some cool stuff, but he is also selfish as well. He's created a lot of issues moving to an installer, SD card wipes, and complications switching from 1.85 to 1.88 and back to 1.85 and Odexed.

He does what he wants, not what everyone else wants. He wanted a pretty compiler in Aroma so he can display his name. Grats to him though for helping as much as he does, but giving up his sleep is his own choice.

Thread Closed... Im sure you know who to thank but I wont mention any names.

Peace Out!

You guys know where to find me.
    CleanROM 4.5 Developer Edition Final is now out!
    CR4.5-DEV-HOX.png

changes.png

Version 4.5 Final - 8/14/2012
    • Added: Basic Quicksettings
    • Added: CleanMODS back to SD Card
    • Added: Blue Clock and Date in Status Bar
    • Added: Zip Align on boot
    • Added: Sense Lockscreen in CleanMODS
    • Added: AT&T 2.20 build.prop in CleanMODS
    • Added: Percent Battery in CleanMODS
    • Added: APM (Thanks xsMagical)
    • Fixed: Removed HTC Weather location
    • Updated: Gmail and ES File Explorer
    • Added: Flashlight to app drawer

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

And theres your final edition :highfive: