4.2.2 root is impossible :(

Search This thread

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
im not an expert yet mate, just started using xda, what i know ive researched, its hard for noobs to find the info required, i dont understand why it has to be so hard for people, if info already exist here why doesnt anyone point them in the right direction, i just dont want others to go through what i went through, people dont talk to each other with respect here, id like to see if they are that up front face to face. once im more confident i will help others dont worry about that, i am trying to already.

cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes, we were all noobs once, but when we were 'noobs', we learned how to search and find our answers before asking. you dont go and fire off 8 new threads pertaining to the same exact issue just because you are impatient.

ALL the info you need is already here. IN THE STICKIES. Those stickies you are supposed to read before posting.

Why is it difficult for a noob to lose the noob status and learn to do the research on his own, LIKE WE ALL DID AT ONE TIME?

The info is already spelled out in very good detail, and rooting a nexus device doesnt change based on what version of Android is running on it. A nexus device is always rooted the same way. Just read the stickies, and I bet you will find EXACTLY what you need. Learning isnt about being spoonfed the direct post or thread or fed the exact piece of info you need, but its by gleaning what you need out of whats available. There would be no noobs here if everyone would bother to read and comprehend. More and more its just about 'gimme the answer now'. Thats not what this site is for.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Knock it off please

Ok people, listen up please.

Yes, we were all new at one time. And yes, the term "n00b" was invented because of this. This doesn't give anybody the right to call others that. The result, it starts a "flame war", and of course the moderators become involved, infractions dealt, PM's sent, etc etc etc....... Same old story.

So if you don't have anything constructive to post, it's best just to move on to another thread.

There are always going to be people who just don't understand the simple process of rooting. Perhaps that's a sign they shouldn't do it in the first place ;)

So please refrain from calling names, and just simply move along.

MD

Reactions: Nano23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you don't know how to search on forums, there is something called "Google".
    You ask, Google gives the answer. Easy stuff
    jesus people hate noobs here, why doesnt some just show them how to get adb and fastboot going, instruct on how to properly instal the adt and jdk bundles inc path etc. there are no easy tutorials for noobs, if people are expect to learn then teach them, dont forget we were all noobs once.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    jesus people hate noobs here, why doesnt some just show them how to get adb and fastboot going, instruct on how to properly instal the adt and jdk bundles inc path etc. there are no easy tutorials for noobs, if people are expect to learn then teach them, dont forget we were all noobs once.

You've probably noticed by now that ROM devs and kernel devs rarely step in over here. There's a reason for that - what they do takes serious amounts of time (usually apart from their day jobs or studies) - and for every one of them there are literally hundreds of less skilled folks asking questions. If they tried to help, they simply wouldn't accomplish their positive contributions.

The other difficulties are:

(1) Forums organize info into a horrible format for learning
    (2) The pace of technological change tends to invalidate even valuable posts rather quickly.

That first assertion (1) is made even worse by a flood of posts that scroll valuable (non-stickied) threads off to infinity.

Paradoxically, newbs that insist on creating their own threads for issues that closely resemble the issues covered in other threads are actually, yes, making the site worse for others - especially other newbs that seem to avoid using search.

In the case of this particular OP, he had threads closed and was issued a warning by a mod for exactly the behavior being repeated again here.

Well, if YOU want to create a tutorial, I would encourage you to do so ... & also try to get a mod to sticky the thing.

But don't come in here and say "somebody besides me should do this for the newbs". That's just lame.
    We don't like noobs because we don't like seeing the same posts over and over and over. I remember when I was a noob, I had no help. I wasn't a member of xda so I learned everything on my own, lots of soft bricks, lots of Googling, and lots of sleepless nights. That's how everyone should learn. You learn more by figuring it out yourself, not being told how. This guy has been told how to root in about every thread he's posted but wont listen. Look at the 5 other posts he's posted, you'll understand why we're annoyed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Spitfire, it may have occurred to you that not everybody wants to go through that process, reinventing the wheel. Granted, the best way to learn something is doing it and making mistakes, but not always so for someone who just wants to get the job done rather than understand. This is why people here create guides.

If noobs annoy you so much, just let it go and do something else. Leave those with a better temperament to help them. ;)
    Rooting via Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 for 4.2.2

Hey all,

It seems like the OP may not have too much experience like me based on his post count. The responders on the other hand seem like guru's.

Well I did some troubleshooting after 4.2.2 to try to get the rooting to work (yes, i used google search). Just for the record I'm new to all this, but I've been doing a lot of goog'ling and figured the time I spent troubleshooting may be of help to other novices.

Apparently the rooting issue is well known if you're using the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 to try and do your rooting. There's a fix available which is described on the main webpage (between the red lines)

google wugfresh for homepage (I can't post links yet)

Just download the zip file and unzip in the folder described, overwriting what's already there there. Make sure your drivers are working . They were acting really finicky for me when using the toolkit but I finally troubleshooted it. If you're having issues you may want to try the newest PdaNet driver, although I didn't have to. Once your drivers are fine, select the Android "any" option and hit root with Custom Recovery checked. I dunno about everyone else but my Custom Recovery was gone/messed-up after upgrading to 4.2.2

If you don't use Nexus Root Toolkit, I recommend it for the less computer savvy ppl out there, like me. Hopefully they'll come out with an update.

Hope this helps.

One newB question I have is can I install my 4.2.1 custom ROMs after upgrading to 4.2.2? I'm not sure if there's some kind of firmware component of 4.2.2 that'll render my Nexus 7 incompatible with the 4.2.1 custom ROMs out there. If it's not okay is it possible to downgrade back down to 4.2.1 from a factory image and then install these custom ROM's?

Thanks ahead of time.