Erratic touch, ghost touch and unresponsive screen

Search This thread

Drenabrab

Feb 7, 2012
Trani
Hi to everyone, I went from my broken Galaxy Nexus to the Moto G. I am really surprised by Motorola's quality but i have a big problem. Sometimes phone freezes and become unresponsive. If I lock and unlock the phone it often starts to work normally. If i don't do anything the phone starts to show ghost touch and erratic touch. Sorry for my bad english. Does anyone have that problem? I have to send my Moto G to Amazon.Uk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4K-xNJXFBc Can I try to change my rom? I'm on .uk 4.4.2 :crying:

nirmalbalaji

Oct 13, 2013
Salem
Contact Motorola support and explain the touch screen issues. Probably they will replace the device if its a hardware problem.

If its a software issue then backup your data and do a factory reset to see how it performs.

mjjferreira

Dec 18, 2006
Oeiras
I dont see then why changing the rom will help anything. Maybe you should replacr the device then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kodaro

Oct 19, 2011
You are not the only one. Can happen on eu KitKat and jb too. Sucks.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

Drenabrab

Feb 7, 2012
Trani
Motorola said to me that is a common problem and that I have to send the phone to Amazon... :( i was loving it!

Kodaro

Oct 19, 2011
Meh. For now I don't want to accept it. I don't get this often so I can't test as good as you.

But especially scrolling in tapatalk or chrome seems to force this. Could be coincidence. Can you confirm? Since xposed knockoff sometimes my screen is going off so it thinks there is a double tap in the upper bar.

I also had enabled visual touch showing in developer settings but there is no visual tap point occurring if it happens. So it's not like it really thinks that we touch the bar with our fingers.

By the way it is impossible to touch the bar in a way that it comes down only half an inch isn't it?

Could you please disable autobrithness end test again? Since I can't force the device to this I need days for one test.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk