[BETA][PUBLIC] Windows Phone Device Manager for WP7 [13/06/12]

Search This thread

iauq

Nov 8, 2008
Hello every one

I use winphone 7.8 on my Hd2 (this rom : 22.SEP 25 Lang HD2 Pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 OS 7.10.8835.35 v8.5 >FULLY UNLOCKED)
I install windows phone manager (before open app my phone connected to zune) then Software Download and install Touch Xperience but it can't open it on phone then Error cause : unable to launch touch Xperience .... Do it manual ... I Do it manual on my phone the software didn't run ( just the black screen 2-3 seconds then automatic go to home page.
I try to uninstall and install several version of Touch Xperience v2.5 v2.4 v1.3 version that match with mango and .... But all of them same Problem.
Any one can help me ?! please help

Varun Redd

Apr 6, 2012
Hyderabad
I am getting this error recently. It says "An unexpected error has occurred" and just wont start. It worked the previous day perfectly and i didn't change anything either with the application or with the system. Can anyone help me?

LiFePo4

Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
A few suggestions as I have this once in awhile;

1) Make sure to run WPDM as an ADMIN on your PC
2) If it fails to connect/run still, unplug and restart phone plus make sure to fully EXIT from WPDM on PC. Once phone restarts plug into PC and relaunch WPDM
3) Make sure to give TouchXperience root privileges using Healthcliffs Root Tool

With ADMIN assigned to the WPDM on the PC and root privileges on the phone it works 90% of the time and if it stops a phone restart has always gotten it going again. Just my experience.

Varun Redd

Apr 6, 2012
Hyderabad
A few suggestions as I have this once in awhile;

1) Make sure to run WPDM as an ADMIN on your PC
2) If it fails to connect/run still, unplug and restart phone plus make sure to fully EXIT from WPDM on PC. Once phone restarts plug into PC and relaunch WPDM
3) Make sure to give TouchXperience root privileges using Healthcliffs Root Tool

With ADMIN assigned to the WPDM on the PC and root privileges on the phone it works 90% of the time and if it stops a phone restart has always gotten it going again. Just my experience.

WPDM connects to my device but only shows my device name & OS version. It wont show my model, network, available storage, nothing and touch explorer wont start on my device(it was installed automatically when i last used WPDM). When i press Manage Applications or Explore files and folders it again tries to connect and says "Unable to connect XXXXX". I have SDK 7.1 installed and updated it to 7.1.1. I did all the things u mentioned above but no luck! Help me plz!

LiFePo4

Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
Have you unloaded TouchXperience and tried installing again (TouchXperience is the App that needs to run for WPDM to run, not Touch Explorer)? Other than that I am out of ideas

Last edited:

Varun Redd

Apr 6, 2012
Hyderabad
Have you unloaded TouchXperience and tried installing again (TouchXperience is the App that needs to run for WPDM to run, not Touch Explorer)? Other than that I am out of ideas

Sorry i meant Touch Xperience itself. Not touch explorer.
It connected again this morning but now it wont. It recognizes but will show nly OS ,name of device....thats it! :(

imtiax

Jan 6, 2011
It keeps saying my phone is not registered or unlocked.

I don't know what this means.

How do I register my phone?

knightluffy

Aug 30, 2012
I use WPDM to connect my WP7, but after a while, it shows (xxx) wants to connect, what shall I do? Does someone can help me?

coolieyah

Nov 23, 2012
Bangalore
HELP ME pls...:(

I got this error after few days installing touchxperience
We can not create a connection from your phone to the Internet. You can still sync content between your computer and your phone.
pls help me plsplspl:(s

Reactions: Mueen hassan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:
    • Download Windows Phone Device Manager and launch WPDeviceManager.exe
    • Plug in your phone, it should detect it automatically, if not click Connect in menu
    • The first time you connect your phone Windows Phone Device Manager will automatically install TouchXperience

If you want to be part of the beta team, you must make a donation to http://www.touchxperience.com/ http://www.touchxperience.com/ directly and create an account on their http://forum.touchxperience.com/. Then post a DM to Schaps with the donation number. Schaps will add you to the beta team quickly.

Requirements:
    • Unlocked/registred Windows Phone 7.5 device
    • Windows Vista or Windows 7 32/64-bit
    • .NET Framework 4.0
    • Zune software 4.8 or later
    • Zune WMDU (optional)
    • Windows Phone SDK 7.1 or later

It should work on any version of WP7 and has been tested on the following devices:
    HTC HD7, HTC 7 Mozart, HTC 7 Trophy, HTC 7 Surround, HTC 7 Pro, HTC Arrive, HTC HD2, HTC TITAN, HTC Radar, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus S, Samsung Omnia 7, Dell Venue Pro, LG Optimus 7, LG E900, LG C900, Nokia Lumia 800.

The latest version of TouchXperience is 2.5.0.0
    If you want the lastest features you should try the beta which is reserved for donnator (beta tester group)

Changelog:
    Version 1.10.0.0
    • Compatible with Windows 8
    • Minor UI changes
    • Bugfixes

Code:
    Version 1.9.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Improved remote screen (up to 30 fps)
    [*]Improved general stability
    [*]Fixed app backup error on unlocked devices
    [*]Fixed screen capture not working because of background agent memory limitation
    [*]Files put in \My Documents are copied in Office hub for all devices
    [*]Bugfixes
    [/LIST]
    Version 1.8.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Public release
    [*]Full access to apps isolated storage
    [*]Show toast notification when an action requires to launch TouchXperience
    [*]Bugfixes
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.7.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Full support of Windows Phone 7.5
    [*]Added support of Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Focus S, HTC TITAN & Radar
    [*]Improved connection
    [*]Auto detect OS and version when phone is plugged in
    [*]Warning when trying to install an app using interop services on an interop-locked phone
    [*]Supports Mango ringtones API
    [*]Show toast notification when the phone is connected or disconnected
    [*]Show toast notification once an app has been installed
    [*]Automatically check for TouchXperience updates
    [*]Bugfixes
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.6.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Check whether phone is PIN-locked or screen-locked
    [*]Ability to change remote screen resolution & quality
    [*]Full screen mode in screen capture
    [*]Display battery remaining charging time
    [*]Notify when battery is fully charged
    [*]Automatically disable Zune launcher while running
    [*]Fixed crash when Windows Phone Developer Tools are not installed
    [*]Improved progress dialogs
    [*]Improved general stability
    [*]"Maybe" fixed FS access on LG devices
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.4.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Backup/restore documents & apps data
    [*]Improved connection reliability
    [*]Improved transfer of large files
    [*]Improved connection over Wi-Fi
    [*]Fixed some connection issues
    [*]Fixed "Newer version required" error message
    [*]Allow to manually connect by entering computer IP address
    [*]Allow to change ports on device
    [*]Automatically add rules to Windows Firewall
    [*]Show progress while retrieving app info
    [*]Sortable app list (by name, size, install date,...)
    [*]Sortable file list (by name, size, date modified,...)
    [*]Save UI state on exit
    [*]Display ROM modules and ROM files in blue/dark blue
    [*]Open apps install & data folders directly from app list
    [*]Send sounds (in the same way you send ringtones, to customize sounds in Advanced Config.)
    [*]Support of Mango developer tools beta
    [*]Fixed localization issues
    [*]Improved debugging
    [*]Automatically check for Device Manager & TouchXperience updates
    [*]Hundreds of improvements and bugfixes
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.3.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Public release
    [*]Documents and favorites sync (1-way only from PC to phone)
    [*]Improved file explorer
    [*]Added option to reconfigure and restore default settings
    [*]Supports file copy to \Windows for LG devices (untested)
    [*]Fixed screenshot saving
    [*]Fixed control panel task links
    [*]Fixed localization issues
    [*]Many other bug fixes
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.2.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Fully featured file explorer & integration with Windows Explorer
    [*]Support of copy/paste and drag & drop
    [*]Support of HTC Arrive
    [*]Install mutiple apps at once
    [*]Send multiple files at once
    [*]Send toast notifications from PC (with command line WPDeviceManager /SendToast "message")
    [*]Launch in background at Windows startup
    [*]Improved connection reliability
    [*]Fixed connection issues
    [*]Fixed missing toolbar in file explorer
    [*]Fixed error after taking a secong screenshot
    [*]Fixed application list not showing in some cases
    [*]Fixed duplicate tasks in jumplist
    [*]Fixed Connect/Disconnect not working in jumplist
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.1.0.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Improved Windows explorer integration (display apps icons and info)
    [*]Control panel integration
    [*]Application updates notifications
    [*]New custom installer solving issues for both 32-bit & 64-bit
    [*]Send notes
    [*]Send clipboard content
    [*]Detailed device info
    [*]Check for app updates
    [*]Auto update for future TouchXperience versions
    [*]Improved connection reliability over Wi-Fi
    [*]Launch apps from WP Device Manager via Wi-Fi
    [*]Multilanguage support
    [*]Fixed links in Windows Device Stage
    [*]Fixed connection problems on 32-bit when Zune is not running
    [*]Fixed Samsung Focus not recognized
    [*]Automatically remove max apps installed limit
    [*]Sound notification on connect
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.0.3.0
    [LIST]
    [*]Device Information (partial)
    [*]Capture phone screen (TouchXperience must be running on the device in order to take screenshots)
    [*]Open weblink on phone
    [*]Add web favorite to phone
    [*]Managing purchased apps (HTC only)
    [*]A lot of bugfixes
    [/LIST]
     Version 1.0.2.0
    [LIST]
    [*]File Explorer
    [*]Improved performance and reliability
    [*]A lot of bugfixes
    [/LIST]
    Download link : http://www.touchxperience.com/apps/TouchXperience_2.5.0.0.xap

http://www.touchxperience.com/downloads/WPDeviceManager.exe
    http://www.touchxperience.com/advanced-configuration-tool/

Official support forum : http://forum.touchxperience.com/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=5126180dab8ba8a73227b40c08899c72

Don't ask for release date, just be patient and wait for it.

This thread is only here to show which features are going to be in final version which can be free or a paid version, i just don't know yet.

Source :
    http://forum.touchxperience.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/touchxperience
    https://www.facebook.com/touchxperience
    Could someone please upload the TouchXperience 2.5 XAP?
    WPDM doesn't download and try to install it even when I uninstalled TouchXperience 2.4

Regards
    Izaac

http://www.touchxperience.com/apps/TouchXperience_2.5.0.0.xap

:)
    I agree, nice interface, nothing inside, wait another month for what???
    The really solution for people looking for taking full control on phone 7, will come from another developer, sometime, I assume!! :(

Ok I understand that sometimes Shaps shouldn't ad us too early and make us wait long to finally release tools who are not complet, at the risk to disappoint us.
    But remember DFT make us wait 4 month before they release magldr.
    WP7 is a new OS,there is still lot of work to do. Everyone here have a life, maybe a work, a wife and some kids behind the screen.

People like shaps are doing the best they can, and just for this don't blame it.
    If you don't like his work, log off this topic.
    Hints: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Windows Phone Device Manager features:
    • Applications management: view, install/uninstall & update applications
    • File management: explore device, exchange files with your phone
    • Sync files, folders and favorites with phone
    • Send to Windows Phone (to send files, apps, ringtones, web links in one click)
    • Detailed device information (CPU, ROM, RAM, storage, network, battery, OS,...)
    • Detailed storage information
    • Add and manage custom ringtones
    • Send SMS, E-mail, notes directly from PC (without needing cloud services)
    • Remote screen view and take screenshots of the phone
    • Backup/restore files and application data
    • Create and manage backup/restore of the phone
    • Full access to apps isolated storage
    • Programming sends notifications to phone
    • Shared clipboard with PC and phone
    • Integration with Windows explorer (drag & drop, copy/paste)
    • Integration with Control Panel (Device Stage, task links)
    • Nice integration with Windows Vista/7 (jumplists, widgets, aero effects,...)
    • View apps icons and details from XAP in Windows explorer
    • Initiate connection from PC or phone
    • Wireless connection support
    • Auto pairing (no need to enter PC or phone IP address)
    • Notify phone applications updates
    • Display battery remaining charging time and notify when battery is fully charged
    • Reboot phone (OS/SLDR/Cold boot)
    • Open marketplace for non-commercial applications (if developers are interested)

TouchXperience for Windows Phone features:
    • Create custom menus
    • Add folders, apps, contacts, websites, maps, documents, and many other widgets
    • Pin apps, folders and any other stuffs to Start screen
    • Organize applications & games
    • File explorer
    • Multitasking support
    • TouchXperience port taking benefit from Metro UI
    • Background customization
    • Contact manager
    • Communication manager

• You can initiate connection from both PC and device (tap PC Synchronization in TouchXperience to etablish connection from device). You can connect via USB or Wi-Fi, but the first time you have to connect via USB so WP Device Manager can deploy TouchXperience and your device can get your PC IP address.
    • In the current version you can't manually set the PC or phone IP address to connect, or change default ports.
    • Make sure port 8007 is not blocked by firewall on PC and port 8107 is reachable on device.
    • When WP Device Manager initiate a connection and can't connect to the phone, in case you are connected via USB it will launch TouchXperience, in other cases it will send a push notification to your phone asking you to manually launch TouchXperience
    • Some tasks requires your phone screen to be unlocked
    • It is not necessary to have Zune runing in order to use WP Device Manager.
    • If WP Device Manager does not start at all, make sure you installed all the requirements and try to reinstall full .NET Framework 4.0 and developer tools.
    • If you are not able to connect or if some features are not properly working, go to Settings in WP Device Manager, click Restore default settings and eventually restart your PC.
    • If Windows Phone Device Manager is not able to communicate with TouchXperience, go to Settings in WP Device Manager, click Restore default settings and restart your PC. Try to temporarly disable your anti-virus or firewall programs to see if that's the problem. You can also try the registry fix in attachment
    • If you have connection problems, try the following may help: unplug/replug your phone, close or start Zune, restart WP Device Manager, make sure your device is detected by Zune, in worst case restart your PC.
    • WP Device Manager or some components of it may be considered as potential threat by anti-virus or firewall programs, this is a false alarm, you may need to add exceptions to your anti-virus or firewall may prevent WP Device Manager from working correctly.
    • WP Device Manger is automatically disconnected when you quit TouchXperience (for example when you launch an app or return to Start screen). This is not a bug, this is because TouchXperience is stopped due to the lack of native multitasking in WP7. To workaround you can enable multitasking in TouchXperience settings.
    • Tap on a menu title in TouchXperience and the main menu will show up
    • If you want to take screenshots of an other application on the phone you need to enable multitasking in TouchXperience settings
    • Some features needing high privileges on the phone (f.e. file system access) may not be available, this depends on the unlock level of your phone.
    • Applications installed with other tools than WP Device Manager are not recognized (they are identified by their id) on non-HTC device. To solve the problem you can simply browse your original XAP files, application info will be automatically cached and diplayed in the app manager.
    • If only sideloaded applications are displayed it's because your phone does not have full file system access.
    • Some application versions are incorrect. This is due to the fact that some developers does not update their application manifest with correct version number when they release new versions. To fix the problem you can check for app updates and click on Dismiss All assuming all your applicatons have been updated to their latest version.
    • You can't copy most of DLL and EXE in \Windows directory, this is simply because these are not files but modules.
    • You can check TouchXperience version in Settings or in WP Device Manager application list.
    • You should have a folder with device name in My Documents on your PC, place here the files you want to sync with the phone.
    • You can send toast notifications from any program on your PC using command line C:\Windows\WPDeviceManager\WPDeviceManager.exe /SendToast "message".
    • In order to use WP Device Manager from Windows Device Stage, you must have Windows 7 and driver signature verification disabled, unfortunately this is because Windows 7 recognize only digitally signed drivers.
    • Be carefull when using device restoration, incorrect usage or unexpected bugs may cause loss of data.
    • Don't use full backup/restore feature on custom ROMS!
    • If you get a message "Unable to launch TouchXperience" on custom ROMS it's because the ROM has some missing components, so you have to launch it manually.
    Please uninstall any previously installed version of WP Device Manager and TouchXperience on your phone.

This beta is private for testing purpose, you are not allowed to redistribute it.

VIDEOS démo

Screenshots : http://www.flickr.com/photos/touchxperience/sets/72157625661986819/
    All I am saying is why post this thread? Does the OP just want to taunt those that don't have the tool?
    Really, you "just wanted to post updates on the Beta Testing" that everyone else is not privy too?

That is what's weak! Not Julien's work. He's doing real work! This thread is useless!!!!

The goal of xda developers is to post information regarding development. That includes development in alpha, beta, closed or open. How in the heck is this different than any of the launchers in android that haven't been released, the programs users are developing for wp7, or any sort of development not released?

xda is information and a place where users and develop interact to find solutions to common problems, where users can become developers, and inform users of development for their xda/samsung/wp/android device.

So why does this thread exist? it's x - d - fricking a! That's why! So if you have a problem with imfloflo (moderator) posting this topic, take it up to PM and don't clutter the topic of what you feel doesn't need to be here.

And yes that's what's WRONG with xda