How do I mirror video and audio from Android to a PC/TV?

Search This thread

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
What I'm looking to do with my SGS3 is WIRELESSLY mirror the audio, and video of my phone to a HTPC/Mac. Apple via "Airplay"allows for this in iOS and it works BEAUTIFULLY using a client on the pc/mac like AirServer, or Reflection. I find it difficult to believe that this is not available on an Android platform. The problem is, searching for such an app almost always results in finding remote desktop apps n such. Watch a video using Airserver or Reflection, and you'll see what I'm looking to do. I've seen media player apps that'll send videos/audio, but not by mirroring the actual Android device. I know I've gotta be missing this somewhere.

There's an app called MirrorOp Sender that sends the video to a connected receiver/client, but it's VERY slow, and does not support the transmission of audio. MirrorOP Sender also requires the device to be rooted. Not like that's a huge deal to me, but perhaps to someone else.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

john21511

Aug 11, 2011
Colorado Springs
Xda tv did a review of an app that does this. Look on their youtube channel. To late for me to find it. I'm sleepy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
Xda tv did a review of an app that does this. Look on their youtube channel. To late for me to find it. I'm sleepy.

Thanks Here's the video I think you might have been talking about. I was unawar that TeamViewer allowed for the control of a phone FROM a pc. I thought it was only to control a PC FROM a phone. Thanks! But it should be known, though this is a seriously cool option. Audio still does not transfer over the wifi, only two-way video communications.

And so the hunt continues for something like AirServer and Reflection on Android. Don't necessarily nee to control it from a pc/mac, but would really like a wireless audio/video presentation platform for Android.

Last edited:
Reactions: c2gahlot

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
Bringing this post back to life in hope someone has a new idea. Can someone please explain to me why the ability to mirror audio and video from Android to a PC/Mac isn't available yet? Thanks

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
Bringing this post back to life in hope someone has a new idea. Can someone please explain to me why the ability to mirror audio and video from Android to a PC/Mac isn't available yet? Thanks

I am looking for the same, Although the other way. I think there are bunch of apps to mirror your Display but audio is not possible due to some limitations in Android framework.

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
I am looking for the same, Although the other way. I think there are bunch of apps to mirror your Display but audio is not possible due to some limitations in Android framework.

I too was looking for an app like this and honestly sat there and started to wonder why i actually needed it.. can you explain a senario where this make sense and why an app that beams audio/videois not a good enough solution. hell i am with you on having more options including a featuer like airplay mirror, but maybe untill such application exists i can suggest good enough work arounds because like you i spent MANY MANY hours trying to figure out how do do this mirror thing with no dice. but i did find nice workarounds..

kuhne

Mar 18, 2011
Just reviving this thread because I am also looking for the same thing. That app posted in the last post, BQScreen, as far as I know doesn't differ from the one the OP stated. Both apps don't transmit any audio, they just mirror the screen. MirrorOp is kinda cool because you can control it both ways, you can also use your mouse to click buttons on your computer to control your phone. Keyboard also works so you can reply to all your whatsapp msgs from your computer but at the end of the day it doesnt transmit any audio.

I use a galaxy note 2 and have never had the need to do this before because both the tvs in my house that get the most use happen to have a computer in the same room and I have them set up to just send the computer's screen to the tv screen and use unified remote/xbmc remote to do whatever I want, thus ending the need for allshare cast/apple tv devices which in my opinion offer an inferior experience than a full fledged HTPC.

The problem is that I have a tv in a room in my house that is getting more and more use lately and it doesn't have any way of showing netflix or youtube or all the files I have in my media server, etc. Basicaly, no access to the internet and I bought the tv right before all the smartv craze started. I am now on the search of a way to mirror my phone's screen (or anyones) to that tv in order to give that tv some added value. Of course I would still need to have some kind of reciever in that tv to get it to work so I really don't know what I am searching for. In the end I will probably end up purchasing an allcast dongle and use it specificaly for that tv, that way all tv's in my house would have access to all the media in my house and the internet but if anyone here has another option, I am all ears.

sjpritch25

Jan 30, 2011
St. Petersburg
I have google tv and youtube connects nicely, i'm not sure if that's what your looking for though. I just connect and it plays the video on my tv.

skribbles505

Jun 17, 2010
Reviving this i case the 4.3 framework has changed to allow this functionality. If someone with knowledge of such things can chime in that would be great!

bluesky3012

Jul 27, 2007
mirror from koush is the closest thing ...

it's meant for airplay so you can just install airserver on your pc

mike77n

Dec 27, 2017
Looking for the solution. AirServer works on Windows and promises Google Cast support but it looks like it only casts audio from Chrome desktop tab. Google Play Music app discovers the chromecast device but music doesn't start :(

Top Liked Posts