FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,877

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2013, 02:39 AM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

You need to update the voice search app in Play Store.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

Okay, I went into the play store and is shows that the Google Search app is up to date. Do I need to side load or mod it in some way?

Thanks!

Edit: {sigh} and suddenly it begins working for the first time, even though I took no action other than looking at the app in the Google Play store. Is there anything more frustrating than fixing something without knowing how you actually did it? Oh well, thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate it!

10th August 2013, 04:10 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

Okay, I went into the play store and is shows that the Google Search app is up to date. Do I need to side load or mod it in some way?

Thanks!

Edit: {sigh} and suddenly it begins working for the first time, even though I took no action other than looking at the app in the Google Play store. Is there anything more frustrating than fixing something without knowing how you actually did it? Oh well, thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate it!

you must have enabled auto update apps, and when you checked voice search it was already updated
10th August 2013, 04:46 AM |#403  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Up and running
Quote:

Some people are having trouble getting the internal CWM to read the ROM zip from an SD. Try making the CWM SD again and flashing the ROM and gapps zips from there.

Wanted to report back on my install issues. No matter what I tried, could not get rom, or gapps to install while in the SD card based CWM. Re-formatted, re-downloaded, etc., etc. Tried another card, ( class 10 Sandisk) which was not recognized in CWM. Finally, as a last resort I booted into the internal CWM, and inserted SD card, and mounted, then the install of rom was successful. Gapps returned the same error message, so I can only assume the download was corrupted from Goo. Happy to report that the Team Blacked Out gapps and apps aroma installer worked fine. But again only if I followed the same process listed above. Never been a fan of messing with SD card with the device on, but it worked!
10th August 2013, 05:10 AM |#404  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEvil

you must have enabled auto update apps, and when you checked voice search it was already updated

That's just it. Auto update for apps is definitely not on. Really strange...

I'm having another issue now, though. I transferred via bluetooth several pics and ringtones to use as wallpapers and notifications. The thing is that the system cannot find any of the pics when they're located in the pictures directory, only the bluetooth directory and none of the settings that use sounds (not the alarm or even the basic notifications) can find the mp3 clips even though they are copied into both the ringtones, the alarms, *and* the notifications directories.

Anyone have any ideas?
10th August 2013, 05:26 AM |#405  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,877

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys

That's just it. Auto update for apps is definitely not on. Really strange...

Well, it got updated somehow. The search app that comes with gapps a different version than the newest one on Play Store and definitely does not work with CM10.1.

10th August 2013, 05:29 AM |#406  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

I believe that is hard coded into the hardware. That is why it acts that way no matter what ROM you have installed.

2 days ago I completely drained the nook, and it charged fine while being off (on CM10). on stock, it was charging until about 5-10% and turned itself on.
10th August 2013, 10:13 AM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 899

More
(Aug 10) I've updated the guide & FAQ to reflect the Nooks' official CM support. Basically, updating to a new build is now much easier. The downside is that USB Host switching is gone from Quick Settings panel, and is now an app.

>I noticed under 'display' that the Auto rotate wasn't checked (however, it was auto rotating just fine). I figured it should be checked, and now the home screens won't rotate.

Yeah, it is confusing, as there are multiple "rotate" settings, one in Launcher and one in Display (also another one for Lock Screen). Enable the one in lock screen, and leave the others alone. Add the 'Orientation' button to Quick Settings panel, and use that exclusively.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e.mote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift e.mote Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 06:56 PM |#408  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
performance
How has the overall performance been for people who are running CyanogenMod on the Nook HD+? I had purchased an HD+ late last year and I returned it because the launcher and interface and overall performance in apps was very lacking. Does it run more "quickly" on CM 10.1?
11th August 2013, 12:28 AM |#409  

More
[FAQ - Q7] this CM10.1 guide is useful to me
I found this useful as a first time guide to CM10.1
http://www.addictivetips.com/android...-review-guide/

(Title for this post should be [FAQ - Q17] and not for Q7.
The Following User Says Thank You to alchoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alchoi Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 12:34 AM |#410  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I am getting constant reboots when doing almost anything now. It reboots itself at least 5 times a day. It did not do this after fresh install and many updates. It started after the update that took advantage of new security, and even did it today after the 8/9 nightly.
11th August 2013, 03:44 PM |#411  

More
Nightly-Ovation Updates
Hello,

Just a quick question, I've installed CM 10.1 on my Nook HD +, and it's great. I do see the nightly updates here. How do you install them? I thought I saw the instructions here, but couldn't find it anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)