FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,870

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2013, 07:46 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just installed the latest nightly of CM 10.1 on my HD+. Everything went fine, except the Kindle app crashes every time I open it. I tried installing it from both the Google Play store and the Amazon app store. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, clearing its data/cache, still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try? I installed Flash and Firefox so I could watch Amazon Instant Video, other than that all I've done is install a few apps from the Google Play store.

31st August 2013, 11:26 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentkucera

I just installed the latest nightly of CM 10.1 on my HD+. Everything went fine, except the Kindle app crashes every time I open it. I tried installing it from both the Google Play store and the Amazon app store. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, clearing its data/cache, still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try? I installed Flash and Firefox so I could watch Amazon Instant Video, other than that all I've done is install a few apps from the Google Play store.

Unfortunately the 8/13 nightly of CM10.1 is where the kindle app started having issues. It works in 8/12 and earlier versions. In currently on the 8/10 version because I find it to be the most stable overall.

Sent from my BN NookHD+
31st August 2013, 05:19 PM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NookE

Unfortunately the 8/13 nightly of CM10.1 is where the kindle app started having issues. It works in 8/12 and earlier versions. In currently on the 8/10 version because I find it to be the most stable overall.

Sent from my BN NookHD+

Thanks, I reverted to 8/12 and everything seems to be fine. I'll keep that in mind about 8/10 if I have problems.
31st August 2013, 06:51 PM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentkucera

Thanks, I reverted to 8/12 and everything seems to be fine. I'll keep that in mind about 8/10 if I have problems.

I want to revert back as well for the kindle app and because mine seems to crash a lot - is there an easy way to downgrade if you don't have a backup or does it require a wipe?
31st August 2013, 07:09 PM |#525  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonnovak

I want to revert back as well for the kindle app and because mine seems to crash a lot - is there an easy way to downgrade if you don't have a backup or does it require a wipe?

Just flash the 8/12 over what you have. If you were on CM10.2 you may have to reflash the correct gapps too.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.
31st August 2013, 07:37 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Just flash the 8/12 over what you have. If you were on CM10.2 you may have to reflash the correct gapps too.

leapinlar, is there any way to wipe when you change rom's completely? I have tried 10.1, 10.2, and carbon on my hd+ and every time I change I always factory reset via cwm recovery. I also wipe cache and dalvik and it will still leave app folders, images and even settings like screen lock, etc....

Is there any way to completely clean the slate when changing to a new rom or is there a need to?
1st September 2013, 02:59 AM |#527  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chuckster

leapinlar, is there any way to wipe when you change rom's completely? I have tried 10.1, 10.2, and carbon on my hd+ and every time I change I always factory reset via cwm recovery. I also wipe cache and dalvik and it will still leave app folders, images and even settings like screen lock, etc....

Is there any way to completely clean the slate when changing to a new rom or is there a need to?

A factory reset/wipe data with CWM will wipe everything except your media files (app folders, pictures, data files, etc). If you want that wiped too, go to mounts and storage and do a 'format data and datamedia'. That will wipe your media files too. No need to wipe cache or dalvik cache if you factory reset. They are automatically wiped with it.

And settings like screen lock should be reset to default with a factory reset.

If you want to make sure everything like older gapps is wiped, also format /system in mounts and storage. Then you will need to reflash the correct gapps along with the ROM zip.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
1st September 2013, 03:04 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

do yourself a favor and flash twrp, from there its very easy to wipe everything, and they even explain you what each wipe does
http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Not taking shots at CWM, just find TWRP a lot more user friendly
The Following User Says Thank You to DeathEvil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeathEvil Ad-Free
1st September 2013, 05:39 AM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEvil

do yourself a favor and flash twrp, from there its very easy to wipe everything, and they even explain you what each wipe does
http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Not taking shots at CWM, just find TWRP a lot more user friendly

Do you have a link for a twrp I can flash to my nook hd+ and can i just flash it over my cwm recovery?
1st September 2013, 05:56 AM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

Do you have a link for a twrp I can flash to my nook hd+ and can i just flash it over my cwm recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2263553

its in the first post of that thread, and yeah you can flash over cwm, it will simply overwrite the recovery partition
1st September 2013, 05:56 AM |#531  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41024398

You can flash it directly over CWM.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)