Battery drain while plugged in using POGO

Search This thread

usafle

Nov 8, 2010
Newburgh
Lenovo P11
So, I am using the POGO plug directly into an A/C outlet. I am using the stock ROM and Franco Kernel underclocked to 1200mhz (and then further underclocked to 800mhz while watching movies) and I am still experiencing a battery drain. Not just a little battery drain, but a lot.

I was under the assumption that the POGO charger would charge faster then USB? Underclocking it should have made a difference as well as far as not much power being needed for the CPU.

Anyone have similar issues?

Bad POGO charger? Bad battery? Bad tablet? LoL

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
So, I am using the POGO plug directly into an A/C outlet. I am using the stock ROM and Franco Kernel underclocked to 1200mhz (and then further underclocked to 800mhz while watching movies) and I am still experiencing a battery drain. Not just a little battery drain, but a lot.

I was under the assumption that the POGO charger would charge faster then USB? Underclocking it should have made a difference as well as far as not much power being needed for the CPU.

Anyone have similar issues?

Bad POGO charger? Bad battery? Bad tablet? LoL

Hi,

Please pay attention to the brightness settings! The screen is the main cause of power consumption in your device, and when it's with high brightness on, the charger will not issue enough power to charge it! Not only this, but background apps and data on drain battery drastically, if you turn off location service, WiFi and Bluetooth your charging speed may increase ;).

~Lord

usafle

Nov 8, 2010
Newburgh
Lenovo P11
I'm on an airplane, at night when I'm using my tablet. Screen is always at 0% brightness. No Wi-Fi on the airline, so that's off. Not using any Bluetooth device either. In fact, tablet is on airplane mode so when location services are off. I'm using greenify to hibernate any app in the background. Thanks for the reply though.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
I'm on an airplane, at night when I'm using my tablet. Screen is always at 0% brightness. No Wi-Fi on the airline, so that's off. Not using any Bluetooth device either. In fact, tablet is on airplane mode so when location services are off. I'm using greenify to hibernate any app in the background. Thanks for the reply though.

Hi,

That's a weird issue then... Did you try charging with USB to see if problem persists? If USB charges faster then you have a defective POGO cable probably.

~Lord

"All I ever needed was a little piece of hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my Xperia Z1

Reactions: usafle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

That's a weird issue then... Did you try charging with USB to see if problem persists? If USB charges faster then you have a defective POGO cable probably.

~Lord

"All I ever needed was a little piece of hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
    Sent from my Xperia Z1