Nexus One USB host driver

Search This thread

sonic74

Jan 3, 2010
Schwabach
sven.killig.de
Is it possible to use less-intensive devices like USB Keyboard and Mouse without requiring it to be powered? Or is it a must to even work?

There are APIs to enable power. We just don't know yet if they are safe to use.

It's also a little confusing the binaries you've put up on your site atmo, since I presume some relate only to running X11 (ConnectBot etc) and others are for simpler things such as the keyboards? Can you make it clearer on the distinction of what's required to do what?

ConnectBot is needed for shell access to load modules or start Debian.
The keybord is supported in Android as soon as usbhid.ko is loaded.

jmgrosen

Jun 4, 2010
Step by Step

I am not much of a developer and have never really worked with this kind of stuff. :p
Two questions:
1. Do you need root?
2. Is it possible for you to make a step-by-step on how to apply this?

Thanks in advance

mykenyc

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
Yes.

Which step is unclear?

wow dude you just made my day i was jumping ship for the N8 just for this reason im to scared to test my N1 without a usb power thingy but what's the worst that can happen if i do it direct phone to say mp3 player connection. Also have you reached out to anyone at Google asking about would it damage the phone?

jmgrosen

Jun 4, 2010
So you just
Code:
fastboot flash boot Z:\nexus\boot_usb_host.img
adb shell mv /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules.orig
adb shell mkdir /system/lib/modules
#adb push Z:\nexus\android-kernel_msm-a971bfd\android-kernel_msm-a971bfd\drivers\net\wireless\bcm4329\bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules
adb push Z:\nexus\android-kernel_msm-v2.6.30-rc2-27223-g248970b\android-kernel_msm-248970b\drivers\net\wireless\bcm4329\bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules
adb push Z:\nexus\android-kernel_msm-v2.6.30-rc2-27223-g248970b\android-kernel_msm-248970b\fs\unionfs\unionfs.ko /data/local/bin
Surely there's more to do.:confused:

sonic74

Jan 3, 2010
Schwabach
sven.killig.de
wow dude you just made my day i was jumping ship for the N8 just for this reason im to scared to test my N1 without a usb power thingy but what's the worst that can happen if i do it direct phone to say mp3 player connection. Also have you reached out to anyone at Google asking about would it damage the phone?

Nothing happens. I did this unintentionally for half a year :rolleyes:

SabrWolf

Jan 21, 2010
so its possible to say connect a flash drive to the nexus one without a dedicated powered hub ?
would it work with the current implementation?

chesh420

Jul 13, 2009
Ok, is it just me, or are there no instructions on the web page? I see the prereqs, but no instructions. Is it my browser?

cartoonmonkey

Jan 10, 2009
Wow! Just what the doctor ordered!

I'm also a linux / android noob. Rather, a non programmer type who's interested in this. I would love to see if a simple thumb drive could be read without the external powered usb hub.

I also have a pico projector, that I would love to be able to plug into the Nexus One, and display pictures from it's internal SD card that way..

Anyone? Instructions for noobz cartoonists like myself?

chrs2021

Mar 23, 2009
Power Question

Could we use a charger with a usb port - like the ipod touch/iphone wall charger to provide power for this?

Top Liked Posts