Root Achieved

Search This thread

Ekkoria

Dec 29, 2012
For those who haven't been watching the Bounty thread, it's been confirmed that the Turbo has indeed been rooted by maiko1, see here and here for proof in videos. Also, jcase has confirmed that it is legit here.

I'll keep this thread up to date as more info becomes available, but it seems like the wait could finally be over! Can't say anything yet as to if or when the method will be released, but this is definitely great news!

Edit 3/13: jcase has stated that sunshine will not work on the Turbo even when root is released.. Yet. We can hope, but as of right now the bootloader will remain locked.

Edit 3/17: multiple developers have stated that *IF* the turbo gets a BL unlock, they will work on porting Cyanogenmod to it.

Edit 3/18: maiko1 has indicated that "final stages of testing have begun" for the root method.

Edit 3/25: the root method is supposedly going to be out later today! See here where it is confirmed last night for a release today.

EDIT 3/25: ROOT IS LIVE! Get it while it's hot!

Last edited:

mikera67

May 12, 2010
Wow, made my night. But I'll take the wait and see approach for now, video's look good and remarks from trusted members, call me doubting Thomas but I'll wait to really dance around when the instructions and files are available. Ok,I lied I'm dancing now!!!

nozzleman_85

Jun 17, 2010
Cleveland
I still don't think its 100% legit. It's gonna take more than two videos to convince me. The ONLY reason I'm even considering that its real is because jcase is backing it...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nozzleman_85

Jun 17, 2010
Cleveland
He hasn't let me down either.. I've used his work and praise his work..like I said..he's the only reason why there's any truth behind this..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tunameltsalad

Feb 28, 2013
Holy ****. Almost every night I check this forum with fingers crossed hoping to see this thread. Definitely not updating until new information is posted

yvmexcl

Aug 3, 2010
the question is ... has q come in the next few days Upgrade ... kikat with root or lollipop without root that is the question lol

ahaynes42

May 23, 2013
the question is ... has q come in the next few days Upgrade ... kikat with root or lollipop without root that is the question lol

Now that is an extremely difficult thing to ponder. I've been wanting Lollipop on this phone really bad, but with root I could actually figure out what's keeping my phone awake and do Titanium backups! Aaaah, I'll probably choose root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

endafy is not affiliated with us.

Final stages of testing have begun.
    For those who haven't been watching the Bounty thread, it's been confirmed that the Turbo has indeed been rooted by maiko1, see here and here for proof in videos. Also, jcase has confirmed that it is legit here.

I'll keep this thread up to date as more info becomes available, but it seems like the wait could finally be over! Can't say anything yet as to if or when the method will be released, but this is definitely great news!

Edit 3/13: jcase has stated that sunshine will not work on the Turbo even when root is released.. Yet. We can hope, but as of right now the bootloader will remain locked.

Edit 3/17: multiple developers have stated that *IF* the turbo gets a BL unlock, they will work on porting Cyanogenmod to it.

Edit 3/18: maiko1 has indicated that "final stages of testing have begun" for the root method.

Edit 3/25: the root method is supposedly going to be out later today! See here where it is confirmed last night for a release today.

EDIT 3/25: ROOT IS LIVE! Get it while it's hot!
    This person is not with the group that rooted it, and has no relation to beaups' and my app, sunshine. This is not coming to sunshine.

This person is a fraud.

Honestly we would have released it by now if people here weren't so mean to me. We are debating on whether or not to release the information. You can't be nice you might not ever get it. I got 4 warnings when I said I had temp root. Why would I release a broken product?

No we don't have the bootloader yet. Most likely coming to Sunshine. Obviously its not a 1 click solution otherwise it would be released. Please be patient, we bricked 2 devices doing it. It is dangerous because it has to do with init code. Please relax while we work out the bugs. Scott and I are working feverishly. You wouldn't want a bricked device now would you? Rabid dogs man gathering around a steak acting like its the second coming of Christ or something... Please be patient while we work it out. The bug was through the camera app, we were able to gather init lines and break in.
    I thought @maiko1 was realeasing a root method? Correct me if I'm wrong
    it is Maiko but i am making a video on the process for the release and we agreed on tomorrow. :)
    THREAD CLEANED

Folks, I just removed over 50 posts of COMPLETELY unrelated stuff to the thread topic.

STAY ON TOPIC, please, for sanity's sake.

Keep in mind that per the XDA Forum Rules, threads need to remain ON-TOPIC.

Please keep posts related to the topic, I am not giving another warning like this!