[MISC] Vision BaconBits 0.3

Search This thread

amack10

Aug 4, 2009
gahhh i fn hate fast boot and for the life of me it will not work ive installed adb adb devices shows my phone then i power down volume down and power select fast boot cmd cd\users\name\desktop\sdk\tools
fastboot flash recovery

waiting for devices

userfriendlyme

ADB push vision-baconbits.zip /sdcard/update.zip
Your fastboot command would work if the recovery image was named recovery.img from the start ;)

If they dont rename it, it would be:
Fastboot flash recovery g2-recovery-test-keys.img

You should know how members of all ranks are with typing just what they are told or see ;)

Thank you. was having issues realized after your post cmds weren't matching what the file was named. Saved me a headache thanks allot.

nycjv321

Jun 20, 2009
hrm

Well this is cool, question though.. I perm rooted yesterday. I am trying apply the vision baconbits kernel by copying recovery.img and update.zip to the root of the zip and booting into recover mode. I get the error "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command" and then I press apply sdcard:update.zip and it starts just like when I tried the ota update. But it says "failed to verified whole file signature" I am sure im doing something wrong but I dont know what? Where did I mess up?

whiterabbit1

Nov 6, 2010
albany
tried twitter so figured you might be on xda

Need a cyanogen rom for my motorola charm every one tells me I'm crazy but I say I'm just a regular android guy that is stuck in a 2year so its my only option so its my work now to try and have some one help us charm users please hear me what in gods name could my other choice I can't afford the hd2 so I am stuck and steve your the genius that might be able to help me if not thanks for taking time out of your very busy scedule to read this I know as a devoloper you have an extreme day and we can only so much in one day so thank you by the way I rooted my charm and I'm running rom manager with clockwork so any help would be appreciated I'm anewbie and I can understand a little my name is shawn and my number is 541 905 2985 I live in oregon and I got 7 I repeat 7 kids so. Like I said I can't afford a hd2 thanks for your time I hade to type this out on my phone it was long also all hail bacon I love bacon. On every thing

userfriendlyme

i also get: waiting for device in cmd after i fastboot flash recovery

i hope im saying this right. But in order for me to Fastboot flash recovery i had to actually put my phone in fastboot. i typed the command in adb and it went fine. When i wasn't in fastboot thats when i got the "waiting for device" message when trying to flash the recovery. I rebooted the phone after that and then pushed the baconbits file rebooted and update.zip bam! thats what worked for me.

maverick262

Mar 1, 2009
Philadelphia PA
Anyone getting the error- can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1? Obviously I flashed the zinx recovery and adb pushed baconbits.zip.

EDIT: just had to reformat my sdcard to fat32. That fixed the can't mount errors.

Last edited:

MERKJONES

Jan 2, 2009
Oakland
I did this:

fastboot flash recovery g2-recovery-test-keys.img
sending 'recovery' (4684 KB)... OKAY [ 1.603s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.858s]
finished. total time: 2.461s

And it worked. But when I boot to Recovery - it gives me a big red triangle. I permrooted earlier today, and I'm showing S-OFF right now. Any ideas?

KShatzkes

Oct 12, 2010
I did this:

And it worked. But when I boot to Recovery - it gives me a big red triangle. I permrooted earlier today, and I'm showing S-OFF right now. Any ideas?
Hold down Power, Vol Up, and Vol Down at once, on that screen.

Shambala001

Aug 29, 2009
Tampa
www.kilowattlaser.com
I did this:

try hitting power and volume up at the same time at the recovery screen

djf8

Dec 1, 2009
Choctaw, OK
This kinda makes me wish I would have taken the G2 and not given it to my wife ha ha. Oh well I'm sure my vibrant will see some cyanogen love in the future. Congrats G2 community. :)

Sent from my Fusion powered Vibrant using XDA App

V1R3Z

Mar 19, 2009
i hope im saying this right. But in order for me to Fastboot flash recovery i had to actually put my phone in fastboot. i typed the command in adb and it went fine. When i wasn't in fastboot thats when i got the "waiting for device" message when trying to flash the recovery. I rebooted the phone after that and then pushed the baconbits file rebooted and update.zip bam! thats what worked for me.

yeah im in fastboot and cmd says the same thing i closed the cmd window and retyped it in and still says the same thing

EDIT:

IM SUCH A RETARD!!!! lol i just realized the usb cable was unplugged DOH!!!! epic fail...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT - Not needed if you're already on CM6.1+

Add some bacon to your G2!

Now that we have root, and our team is hard at work on getting CM running, here's a quick "bacon bits" package.

* Unified Vision/Ace kernel with overclocking and lots of goodies - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/htc-kernel-vision (oc from coolbho3000, install SetCPU to use it)
    * Notification lights fix - flash speaker LED for notifications
    * Set ro.secure=0
    * Add Superuser from ChainsDD
    * Busybox

The kernel is based on the HTC ACE (Desire HD) release which is 2.6.32.21. I merged in the necessary changes for Vision so we are up to date with the latest!

You'll need a recovery which can flash stuff signed with testkeys. Use ROM Manager to install Clockwork recovery.

BaconBits: http://android.chemlab.org/android/vision/vision-baconbits-0.3.zip
    MD5SUM: afbc157e888f08bf5c12cd8b66750b70

Push to your SD card and flash it in recovery. :cool:

With interactive governor and full OC, I'm hitting 2300+ on Quadrant.
    Being a total newb to this, I experienced a serious learning curve, but I got 'er done. All I can say about the speed difference in my G2 is...holy crap! Thanks!! I'm now getting Quadrant scores of around 2200 and Linpak scores of over 46 MFLOPS.
    I just rooted and installed CM 6.1 stable. (I'm new, so this may sound dumb) I want to overclock to 1.2 or 1.4 ghz, is this already active? Where do I go to play with these settings since I do not need to install anything. What if I wanted the 1.8ghz kernel, is that one included in CM as well? Where do I go to turn it on?

use SetCPU app from the market to OC your custom OC kernel.. and yes, u can change kernels.