(request) samsung s4 4g icon to lte icon*

Search This thread

purekiller98

Mar 3, 2014
Hi im new to this forum and i was just wondering if anyone could help me as i have tried looking everywhere for this

I have a samsung s4 I337m i use it on (wind mobile) (aws)

at the top of the status bar i have a 4g icon is their anyway to change it to lte icon

please tell me an easy way not to complicated as i only know how to root my phone

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
LTe Icon Mod

Hi im new to this forum and i was just wondering if anyone could help me as i have tried looking everywhere for this

at the top of the status bar i have a 4g icon is their anyway to change it to lte icon

please tell me an easy way not to complicated as i only know how to root my phone

You can try the LTE icon mod located here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498548

located near the bottom of the first post.

If you want the icons to look different, you can unzip the file, find the icons and change them to anything else you want them to look like,
there are not many icons to find.

That assumes you have a recovery installed.
If not you would have to pull the corresponding files from your phone that are located in the zip and change the files
then put them back. (you probably don't want to go this route though)

Last edited:
Reactions: s8freak

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas

If you are actually connected to an LTE network, simply edit the file /system/csc/others.xml (in an at&t ROM it would be /system/csc/feature.xml ) and add this line....
Code:
<CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>OYA</CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>
If the line is already there, edit whatever 3-letter code is there now to "OYA" without quotes

If you are not connected to real LTE, then you'll have to theme your SystemUI.apk. Extract the file. In res\drawable-xxhdpi , Find the 4g icons you are currently seeing on your phone and the LTE icons you want to see. Switch names for the icons. Go back to your orig SystemUI.apk, open-but not extract-the file with 7zip program (pc or Mac). Drag all the renamed icons back into the res\drawable-xxhdpi folder, close. Push or flash to system/app on your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LTe Icon Mod

You can try the LTE icon mod located here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498548

located near the bottom of the first post.

If you want the icons to look different, you can unzip the file, find the icons and change them to anything else you want them to look like,
    there are not many icons to find.

That assumes you have a recovery installed.
    If not you would have to pull the corresponding files from your phone that are located in the zip and change the files
    then put them back. (you probably don't want to go this route though)