[ROM] Google Edition Android 4.3 | UNTOUCHED | JWR66Y.S003 | VERSION 2.0 (23/09) |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

coilfan

Oct 14, 2008
Rotterdam
I don't think that's the reason, because in previous stock version the SDCard in exFAT works just fine for me. But thank you for your effort! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I can confirm this after reformatting my sdcard twice, once with Windows8/FAT32 and with the phone itself (settings/storage/erase).

Hopefully this is the last big hurdle to a close to perfect vanilla ROM. Wait for devvers (Cyanogen?) to solve this.

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
touch tones are not uniform... for example every 5th touch tone it sounds like the sound level has be decreased by half...

Vazduh

Feb 27, 2012
n/a
touchwiz roms too? never noticed that... considering i have tried almost every rom for the i9505 :angel:
loving the pure 4.3 though .. mute touchtones for the moment ;)

Yeah...noticed that yesterday. First touch is always dimmer...also noticed a sound lag... pathetic when you consider that this seen as one of the best android smartphones. Pfff...if not for GE roms...I would probably sold the device by now and return to my beloved nexus 4 (but now keeping it). :good:

kiwimalayalee

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah...noticed that yesterday. First touch is always dimmer...also noticed a sound lag... pathetic when you consider that this seen as one of the best android smartphones. Pfff...if not for GE roms...I would probably sold the device by now and return to my beloved nexus 4 (but now keeping it). :good:

i went along with my uncle and advised him to buy the nexus 4 day before yesterday.. he gave it to me to set it all up and teach him how to navigate and all... didnt quite like the feel, maybe its cus i have been used to using the S3 and S4... and after using the physical home button for a long time has become a habit i cannot change....
different people different opinion
we kinda are going off topic aren't we? :cowboy:

coilfan

Oct 14, 2008
Rotterdam
extSdCard read only issue solved! Read this Once the patch/fix is installed, it's fixed. When included into the ROM, it's great again.

Ght10

Aug 28, 2010
nottingham
SD Card issue is resolved. Try version 2 if you can. ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9505G usando Tapatalk 4

Flashed version 2 :good: can confirm both sd & ext cards can now be deleted from :) Thanks

Any chance of editing the build prop (so i can get skygo to work because its not surported on 9505g)

So i can flash it with cwm because ive not rooted

Thanks

Reactions: MaKTaiL

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Flashed version 2 :good: can confirm both sd & ext cards can now be deleted from :) Thanks

Any chance of editing the build prop (so i can get skygo to work because its not surported on 9505g)

So i can flash it with cwm because ive not rooted

Thanks

You can get the zip file for the Google Wallet fix I posted. It only flashes the build.prop so edit it and flash :). I'm at work now so I cant do it for you at the moment. ;)

Reactions: Ght10

slg60

Feb 22, 2010
Hey, is service mode (activating HD Voice) possible with your rom?

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Hey, is service mode (activating HD Voice) possible with your rom?

I can access the Service Menu just fine with *#0011# but I haven't gone through the process of activating it. Since the Service Menu is available then I guess it's possible. :)

DocSnyd3r

Jan 29, 2010
This is a firmware meant for the i9505g device which was ported to work on our i9505 Galaxy S4. Although the port is near perfect it is bound to come with 1 or 2 problems.

Can I mod my phone to become a google edition phone?
I always thought it was the same hardware.

I'm totally regretting not to have waited for the google edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

| Google Edition 4.3 | Untouched | Odexed |
    | JWR66Y.S003 | Version 2.0 |

DOWNLOAD LINK - MEGA
    DOWNLOAD LINK - MULTIUPLOAD

==================================================

About:

I made this ROM for myself. I wanted a perfect untouched version of the Google Edition firmware without root, zipalign, deodex, mods, etc.
    I know some of you would like that too so I decided to post it here on XDA. You can root the phone afterwards if you wish.
    The only mod in this version is the faux123's kernel. It's still stock but with some minor changes to fix Security FC and add exFAT support.

Special Thanks to:

Changelog:

• Version 2.0 (23/09):

- New stock JWR66Y.S003 kernel with Faux123 fixes

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release
      - Old Faux's Kernel for the moment.

Instructions:

• Boot to Recovery
    • Wipe Data if you are not coming from a Google Edition ROM
    • Flash the zip
    • If you want root, flash SuperSU
    • Reboot

What's not working:

OLD VERSIONS

Android 4.3 - JWR66Y.S003 - (12/09):

- Changelog:

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release
      - Old Faux's Kernel for the moment.
    - Downloads:

Android 4.3 - JWR66V.S014 - (06/08):

- Changelog:

• Version 3.0 (08/08):

- Updated kernel with exFAT support

• Version 2.0 (07/08):

- Fixed SD Card Read-Only issue

• Version 1.0 (06/08):

- Initial Release
    - Downloads:

• Version 3.0:

- MEGA

• Version 2.0:

- MEGA

• Version 1.0:

- MEGA
    So here it is guys! Beware that this is a test version. If everything works fine I'll reupload it as final and post it on the thread.
    I decided to upload on pCloud because it allow Download Managers so you can download faster.
    I'll make mirrors later if this test version works. So here are the changes I made from stock system dump:

- Replaced Launcher2.apk with GoogleHome.apk. I basically removed Stock Launcher (still JB) and added the new KitKat Launcher (Google Home).
    - Added @faux123 kernel modules as a wild attempt to fix the security force close. ExFat will probably work too if everything goes as planned.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://my.pcloud.com/#page=publink&code=XZ8puZFRv4BcFeVVFRNCNCtcPl256UrIcX
    Updated first post with new rom. Enjoy!

Thanks for everyone that helped out with testing. :)
    If Faux makes a fix for the new kernel I'll update the rom as soon as possible. I already contacted him.
    It shouldn't change much from the old kernel, but having the newest is always better right? :p
    Guys. I am at work right now. I'll be back in a couple of hours then I'll start making it. ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk