5th October 2012, 11:56 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 437

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeng9ph

been using this for days and can only say WOW..
coz been trying a lot of ROMs for test, at first installation, they are very fast responsive to touch, but when you install apps, they tend to be slow, sloppy and most of the time, eating a lot of my system memory. not sure whether it has something to do with the launcher coz i use GoLauncher, but so far after i installed everything i have in my previous installation(gapps+more games), still the same interaction, as if nothing happened.

again, thanks a lot for this work.

follow up questions:
1. How to remove the Goo.IM app? what is this for and i dunno why it is not listed in the apps list(thats why i cannot remove/uninstall).
i would like to remove this app to the reason of, if i try to run this, seems like it is not doing anything, BUT!! when i checked my data usage, it is already eating 2.7GB of my data usage in just 3 days.

2. How come the settings >> developer options were not accessible (i know im not a developer) but some of the functions inside there, i guess and i know that i need to access, Root Access, Stay awake, etc. did you hardcoded the settings already?

3. i am pertaining to the 1st main page (where you can find the apps drawer, call, contacts...) How to remove the google search widget (with mic) on the top most? coz when i installed the 1st 6 apps, it will go to the top most as shortcut and it is covering the google search with mic, please see attached pic.

4. sometimes phone is saying i dont have root access.. please help to resolve. thanks..

Sorry it took me some time.
Answers:
1. It's a system app and is responsible for OTA updates for this ROM and other ROMs. However, it shouldn't take so much bandwidth. It needs to be examined. If you want to remove it, you may install Titanium Backup which allows easy removal of system applications.
2. No - please send me logs for that.
3. Uncheck the Search Bar option in Settings -> Launcher -> Homescreen
4. This was an old problem with CM and should have been solved since. Please update the ROM.

6th October 2012, 04:04 PM |#502  
OP Senior Member
Flag Petah Tikva

Donate to Me
More
New build posted. Check out the new transparency slider for the status bar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erezak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erezak Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 10:17 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Tablet UI
Quote:
Originally Posted by erezak

New build posted. Check out the new transparency slider for the status bar.

Wow. Thanks erezak for your great work! Your ROM rocks! But I'm back to the 20120927 ROM because the 20121002 ROM had Tablet Mode removed. Does your 20121006 ROM have the Tablet mode back? Thanks again for your great ROM.
7th October 2012, 05:47 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
First off I am incredibly impressed with how well this ROM runs on my old T-Mobile galaxy tab. Very nice and thanks for such a nice upgrade to my old tab. I hope someone with more knowledge than me can take the time to help me sort out my issue.

Well I jumped in head first today and flashed this in cwm with full wipe of everything and I really like it a lot. I have had 1 small problem I could use some help with. I got my tab from T-Mobile when it first came out. I was running overcome 4.0 before flashing this on a T-Mobile $30 a month unlimited plan. After flashing this I did the same thing I did before to get the sim to work on my overcome ROM and it signed into T-Mobile and everything was working fine and then I saw the phone icon and though I would try to make a call.I did not expect it to work since I have never been able to get it to make a call on any other ROM but to my surprise I was able to make a call. After that though my sim seems to have gone on the fritz. When I they to register on the network now tmobil will not show up. If I put the sim back in my galaxy nexus it signs into the T-Mobile network with no problem. The other odd thing is that I can still text with the sim in my tab even though the T-Mobile network will not show up to register.

If someone could take the time to help me sort this out I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
7th October 2012, 07:24 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi,
I have no deep sleep and no 100MHz in last builds. Once I had a program to analyze which App might disturb deep sleep but I do not remember. Any idea how I can find out why I have no deep sleep anymore?

Ralf
8th October 2012, 06:33 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Petah Tikva

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat-CeDe

Hi,
I have no deep sleep and no 100MHz in last builds. Once I had a program to analyze which App might disturb deep sleep but I do not remember. Any idea how I can find out why I have no deep sleep anymore?

Ralf

Don't know the app name - will try to look into it anyway.
8th October 2012, 06:34 AM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Petah Tikva

Donate to Me
More
Tablet mode is almost here.

See post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erezak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erezak Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 09:43 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

See post.

I am not able to find the "sapir" settings dialog, is there an other way to activate the tablet UI?
8th October 2012, 12:35 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

See post.

Wow. Thanks a lot. Can't wait..
8th October 2012, 08:48 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi erezak,
Quote:

Don't know the app name - will try to look into it anyway.

GSam Battery Monitor gives some nice information. Better Battery Stats is similar. From what I read "System (mediaserver)" wasts a lot of time and keeps my pad awake for quite some time. I did not find the app which is responsible for the mediaserver.

btw. I now get 100MHz but still no deep sleep.

Ralf
8th October 2012, 09:29 PM |#511  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Is google working properly. It is not connecting with me here in Pakistan.

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)