Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR: 0x81030120
I got a i937 Samsung Focus S with the WP7.5 Mango and for the life of me I cannot interop it. I went to this link http://www.wp7roottools.com/index.ph...interop-unlock
followed the instructions repeatedly over 2 days to get WP Tools to load and this root it --no luck.
Tried method #1, then #2. #2 seemed to have the best chance of success as I got to the file manager and selected the HeathcliffInterop choice at the bottom of the file manager. I then back out to the start screen, try to deply WP& tools and still get the error 0x81031020 cannot be deployed error. Went thru the entire process 3-5 times with the same result. I know Heathcliff shared in his instructions that there are all sorts of reasons for the interop to take or not, just wondering if there aree any hints I am missing.
Any Focus S users out there that were able to work this magic, please share the steps for METHOD #1, which BTW I posted below.
01. Make sure Zune software is installed on your PC. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/ho.../zune-software
02. Make sure you have the WP7 SDK installed on your PC (official or Mini-SDK by WINCO). Offcial: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=27570
If you use the Mini-SDK, you will also need a separate XAP-deployment tool, like this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1016766
03. Make sure the Samsung "Wireless Manager" application is installed on your phone. If you don't have it yet, install it from the Marketplace. It's a free application, located in the Samsung Zone.
04. Make sure you have set up an email-account on your phone.
05. Create a new email. You will need to address it to the email-account that is set up on your phone. Add the "InteropUnlockByHeathcliff74-Method1.eml" from the archive to the email as a file-attachment and send the email to your phone.
06. Open this email on your phone.
07. Tap the attachment to download it.
08. Tap the attachment again to open it as an email on a new page.
09. On the new page tap on "Show all attachments".
10. Tap on "Prepare.zip". ZipViewer is opened.
11. In ZipView tap on "Prepare.txt". An empty screen is opened.
12. Use back-button twice to get back into the mail-application.
13. Tap on the "mxip_ppgprov_1.provxml" file. This will show an error-message. This is expected behavior. Tap "close".
14. Now DON'T press the back-button to exit any of the apps! Press-and-hold the power-button and power off the phone.
15. Press power-button to power on your phone.
16. When the phone is fully booted, start the "Wireless Manager" app.
17. When the app is opened, tap on "apn".
18. Uncheck "Automatic APN", if necessary.
19. Tap on the "Active APN" selection. This should show a list of available networks. One of them is selected.
20. Now it is important to trigger a selection-change. So first tap on another network. It will show a warning. Tap on "ok" to confirm. If you have only 1 network in the list and you can't change the selection, then continue at step 24.21. Select the original selection and tap "ok" to confirm again.
22. Press the back-button.
23. If you had "Automatic APN" checked before, you have to re-enable it now. Then continue at step 25.
24. When you can't change the network, you may need to borrow a SIM-card from someone who has access on a different network. Power down the phone, switch SIM, boot phone, start "Wireless Manager", tap "apn", make sure a different network is selected. Perform the same steps again to go back to your own SIM and network. I have not verified this method, but it should work. Let me know the results!
25. You are now Interop Unlocked! But you are not ready yet. Some stuff needs to be restored. The "InteropUnlockSupportApp.xap" will do this for you. The next steps will explain how to install that app, give it the necessary Root Access and run it.
26. Go to www.wp7roottools.com
. Download the latest version "WP7 Root Tools".
27. Start Zune on the PC.
28. Connect the phone to the PC with your USB-cable. Let Zune synchronize with your phone.
29. Start the "Application Deployment" tool from the WP7 SDK on your PC.
30. Select the "WP7 Root Tools" xap-file and click "Deploy".
31. On the phone start "WP7 Root Tools". Follow all the on-screen instructions. It will guide you through a 2-phase-installation to get Root Access on your phone.
32. Start the "Application Deployment" tool again.
33. Select the "InteropUnlockSupportApp.xap" from this archive and click "Deploy".
34. Launch "WP7 Root Tools" on the phone.
35. Go to the "Policies" tab.
36. Locate the "Interop Unlock Support App" and give it Root Access (tap the switch on the right).
37. Tap on the name of the app to launch it. It should show you a message that all changes are
38. Press Windows-key on the phone.
39. Locate the "Interop Unlock Support App" in the app-list.
40. Tap-and-hold on the app.
41. Choose "Uninstall".